Amrita University Admission 2019 – With its head office located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is the 8th best university as ranked by NIRF. This deemed university is controlled by the Mata Amritanandamayi Math. It offers 207 courses across its 5 campuses, situated in Coimbatore, Mysore, Kerala, Amritapuri, and Bengaluru. Amrita University has become one of the fastest growing institutes of higher learning in India by associating its name with some of the top IVY league and European colleges for facilitating exchange programmes for its students. To know more about Amrita University Admission 2019 as its fee structure, courses offered, etc., candidates can keep reading this article.
#Fun Fact 1 – Amrita University has been ranked 8th best university of India by National Institute Ranking Frameword(NIRF) in the year 2018.
Amrita University Admission 2019
- Established: Amrita University, Coimbatore was started in the year 1994.
- Type: Deemed To Be University( from January 2003)
- Area: The campus covers 400 acres.
- Student: Teacher Ratio: 1: 8
- Location: Nearly 27 Kms away from Coimbatore Airport and 500 meters from the Ettimadai Railway Station.
- Campuses: Amrita University currently has 5 campuses in all. Other than these 5 campuses, The Amrita University plans to open 2 of its campuses. One in Faridabad and another one in Amravati.
- Amrita University, Coimbatore Campus
- Amrita University, Amritapuri Campus
- Amrita University, Kochi Campus
- Amrita University, Mysore Campus
- Amrita University, Bengaluru Campus
- Facilities: It provides some of the A-level facilities in terms of a digital library, computer lab, hostels services, providing sports facilities, gymnasium, indoor games and cardio equipment, swimming pool, tennis court, guest house, bank, medical facilities, and canteen.
#Fun Fact 2– The Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences is the only university teaching hospital in India with NABH accreditation.
Amrita University Admission 2019 Courses Offered –
Amrita University offers various disciplines at Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctorate, Integrated degree, and International degree level courses, as mentioned below.
- Bachelors of Technology( UG Level; 4 years)
- B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) in Mechanical Engineering
- B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) in Computer Science and Engineering
- B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) in Civil Engineering
- B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) in Chemical Engineering
- B. Tech. (Bachelor of Technology) in Aerospace Engineering
2. Masters of Technology( PG Level; 2 years)
- M. Tech. in Communication Engineering & Signal Processing
- M. Tech. in VLSI Design
- M. Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering
- M. Tech. in Thermal Science & Energy Systems
- M. Tech. in Cyber Security Systems & Networks
- M. Tech. in Thermal & Fluids Engineering
- M. Tech. in Power & Energy Engineering
- M. Tech. in Automotive Engineering
- M. Tech. in Cyber Security
- M. Tech. in Remote Sensing & Wireless Sensor Network
- M. Tech. in Computational Engineering & Networking
- M. Tech. in Manufacturing Engineering
- M. Tech. in Power Electronics
- M. Tech. in Bio-Medical Engineering
- M. Tech. in Embedded Systems
- M. Tech. in Engineering Design
- M. Tech. in Wireless Networks & Applications
3. Other Courses
- Ph. D. in Communication
- Ph. D. in Engineering
- Ph. D. in Management – Amrita School of Business (ASB)
- Ph. D. in Sciences
- D. M. in Cardiac Anesthesia
- D. M. in Cardiology
- D. M. in Endocrinology
- D. M. in Gastroenterology
- D. M. in Medical Oncology
- D. M. in Nephrology
- D. M. in Neurology
- D. M. in Paediatric Cardiology
- D. M. in Pulmonary Medicine
- D. M. in Rheumatology
- Ph. D. in Computer Science and IT
- Ph. D. in Nano Medical Sciences
- Ph. D. in Biotechnology
- Ph. D. in Commerce and Management
- Ph. D. in Computational Neuroscience
- Ph. D. in Cyber Security Systems and Networks
- Ph. D. in Earth Sciences
- Ph. D. in English and Languages
- Integrated M. Sc. (Master of Science) Chemistry (Offered at Coimbatore Campus)
- Integrated M. Sc. (Master of Science) in Data Science (Offered at Coimbatore Campus)
- Integrated M. Sc. (Master of Science) Mathematics (Offered at Coimbatore Campus)
- Integrated M. Sc. (Master of Science) Physics (Offered at Coimbatore Campus)
- M.Tech./MS in Wireless Networks and Distributed Systems (VU, Netherlands)
- Executive MBA – MS in Business Analytics with University at Buffalo, USA
- 5 Year Integrated M. Sc. Physics With Minor in Scientific Computing
- 5 Year Integrated MSc in Mathematics with Minor in Data Sciences
- Integrated B.A. – M.A. (English Language & Literature)
- Integrated B.C.A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications) – M.C.A. (Master of Computer Applications)
- Integrated B.Sc.-M.Sc. (Mathematics)
- Integrated M. A. English (Offered at Amritapuri Campus)
- Integrated M. Sc. (Master of Science) Chemistry (Offered at Amritapuri Campus)
- Integrated M. Sc. (Master of Science) Mathematics / Physics (Offered at Amritapuri Campus)
- 5 Year B. Tech. / M. S. Integrated Program with KTH, Sweden
- M.Tech / MS in Computer Science (Louisiana, Lafayette)
- M.Tech/MS in Automotive and Embedded Systems (UB, USA)
- M.Tech/MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering (UNM, USA)
- MBA/MS in Management with University at Buffalo, USA
- MBA/MSc in Business Administration and International Management (Institut Mines-Telecom Business School, France)
- MS/M.Tech. in Computer Science and Computer Science and Engineering (University of L’Áquila, Italy)
#Fun Fact 3 – The Total Built Up Space of the Amrita University is 8 million sq ft, which is the largest among all the private universities in India.
Amrita University Admission 2019 Admission Procedure
In order to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate level engineering discipline from Amrita University, candidates need to first fulfill the eligibility criteria as laid by the University. The eligibility criteria for various B.Tech and M.Tech courses are as follows.
- Eligibility Criteria For B.Tech Courses –
- Aspirants should have born on or after 1st July 1998.
- He or she must have passed and secured at least 60% Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in Class 12th from any recognized board.
- He or she must have secured a minimum of 55% of marks in each of these core subjects as well as in Class 12th.
- Should have appeared and met the minimum marks or rank requirement in either AEEE or JEE Main.
- Eligibility Criteria For M.Tech Courses –
- A candidate should have secured 60% of marks in his or her graduation.
- Should have pursued B.E or B.Tech or M.Sc in his or her graduation.
- Should have appeared and met the minimum marks or rank requirement in either AGET or GATE.
#Fun Fact 4 – It has a student faculty ratio which is even greater than the prescribed National University norms.
Amrita University Admission 2019 Fees
Below we have provided you with the fee structure of all the M.Tech Courses. Note that, the tuition fee for Computer Science & Engineering – Data Science (Part-time), pursuing from Amrita University, Bangalore campus is Rs.82, 000 per semester.
As per the data available on the official website of Amrita University, the fee structure of various B.Tech courses in the following academic year, were as follows.
Amrita University Admission 2019 Scholarship
As we know that the fees in the deemed university are usually high as they provide top-notch facilities which cost some heavy bucks! Amrita University to ease out the burden of paying this much amount provides Amrita Vidhyanidhi Scholarship to all the meritorious students admitted in the first year B.Tech programmes. While GATE qualified candidates can avail a scholarship of Rs. 12,500 monthly as a stipend, top 20% of the GATE qualified candidates will also be provided a stipend of Rs. 5000 monthly. Partnered banks also provide attractive educational loans to ease out the fee payment procedure. Furthermore, it provides Charpak scholarships to all those candidates willing to pursue an International course.
Amrita University Admission 2019 Placement Records
Amrita University helps each and every student to achieve excellent placement offers, every year. Year after year, all the praiseworthy students have a track record of bagging high-quality placement opportunities. The head of the Placement cell of each Amrita University campus looks after arranging placement drives within the University campus. More than 200 reputed firms pay the Amrita University campus visit every year to look for new talents not only in the field of engineering but also in the field of management.
- Highest Salary- 16.50 LPA (for 2018 batch, in VMWare of Amritapuri campus)
- Highest Stipend – 55K pm(for 2018 batch, CISCO, of Coimbatore campus)
- Average Salary – 4.2 lakhs
Amrita University’s List Of Recruiters includes the following:
- Renault- Nissan
- HCL Technologies
- L&T Infotech
- Tata Elxsi
- Qatar Steel
- UAE Exchange
Image and data source: www.amrita.edu