Assam CEE 2018 Result has now been declared on May 10, 2018. The result is declared on the official website astu.ac.in. A direct link is also provided on this page for the same now that the result is announced. Candidates who have appeared for CEE 2018 on April 29, 2018, can check the result on the official website or from the link on this page. Candidates need to enter their login id and password to check their result. A merit list will be prepared in the order of the marks scored by the candidates and will be called for the further counselling process. The admission to the colleges will solely on the basis of the merit obtained in CEE 2018.
Candidates who have appeared for Assam CEE 2018 exam must check this page of Assam CEE 2018 Result for all the information about the result date, cut off and the merit list.
Assam CEE 2018 Result
Those who have appeared for Assam CEE 2018 should check this page for all the information about the date, cut off and the merit list for the same. Assam CEE 2018 Result will be declared as per the schedule given below:
|Assam CEE 2018 Result||Important Dates|
|CEE 2018 Examination Date||29 Apr 2018 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
|CEE 2018 Result||10 May 2018|
Check Result: Click Here to check Assam CEE 2018 Result
Official Website: www.astu.ac.in
How to check CEE 2018 Result?
Those who have appeared for CEE 2018 will have to follow the process given below to download the Assam CEE 2018 Result.
Step 1: Visit the official website of Assam CEE 2018 or click on the link provided below.
Step 2: On the page, click on the link where it is given to check the CEE 2018 result.
Step 3: A new window will open up where the candidate will have to enter the examination roll number as mentioned on the admit card.
Step 4: The new window will open up which will display the result of the examination. It is advised that the candidates take a print out of the card and keep it with them for further admission process.
Details in the CEE 2018 Scorecard
The CEE 2018 scorecard will contain the details :
- Name of the candidate’
- Other important information
Colleges Under CEE 2018
CEE 2018 is conducted for admissions to various undergraduate programs at various colleges affiliated by the ASTU. The list of the colleges are as follows:
- Assam Engineering College, Guwahati.
- Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat.
- Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology, Jorhat.
- Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar
- Barak Valley Engineering College, Karimganj.
- Private Engineering Colleges and State Universities of Assam.
What after CEE 2018 Result Declaration?
The counselling process of CEE 2018 will be conducted after the result declaration. Candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidate in the CEE 2018 examination.It will be conducted in offline mode. Before counselling process, the candidate needs to ensure that they satisfy the following criteria as set by the authority:
- The Candidate should be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent resident of Assam.
- They have to pass the qualifying examination with a minimum 50% marks in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
a) For SC students, the minimum qualifying percentage is 45%
b) For ST students, the minimum qualifying percentage is 40%
Note: The same sitting means a candidate must appear all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English together.
- The Candidate must appear in the Common Entrance Examination (CEE 2018) to be eligible for admission process.
- The age of the candidate should be between 17 years and 21 years.
a)Upper age limit is relaxed to 22 years in case of B.Sc. passed Candidates.
b)Upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years for Scheduled Cast and Scheduled Tribe
- They should possess a good moral character and has to be physically and mentally fit.
Reservation of Seats for Assam CEE 2018
A certain fraction of seats in the technical colleges of Assam CEE 2018 has been reserved for some categories. The reservation for different categories with the division is being provided below:
- Scheduled Castes (SC): 7%
- Scheduled Tribes ( Plains) (ST(P): 10%
- Scheduled Tribes ( Hills) (ST(H)): 5%
- Other Backward Classes (including MOBC) : [as per latest Govt. norms]
- Tea garden labour community (TGLC): 1 seat in each college
- Ex-tea garden labour community (Ex TGLC): 1 seat in each college
- Son, and Daughter of Ex-Serviceman: 1 seat in each college
Other categories of reservations are as follows:
- Son, Daughter, Grand- Son and Grand –Daughter of freedom fighters (both paternal &
maternal) –2 seats in AEC and 2 seats in JEC and 1 seat in JIST, Jorhat in specific branch. Out of these seats, one seat is reserved for SC/ST/OBC/MOBC.
- Physically Challenged : 3% of College intake capacity
- NCC. : 1 seat in each college
- Sportsman: 1 seat in each College
- Moran/Motak communities: 1 seat in each College
Note: It is to be noted that those applying through reserved category, have to produce the necessary certificates at the time of admission process.
At the time of the admission, the candidate has to bring the Form B of the application form along with the required documents. No application forms will be considered if the required documents are not there at the time of admission process.
Assam CEE 2018 Cutoff
Candidates who have given the CEE 2018 must be curious to know about the cut off that would be set by the authorities for admission purpose. Candidates need to clear the cutoff to be eligible for the counselling process. Here we are providing you with the cutoff for CEE 2017. It is expected that the cutoff for this year is going to remain same as well.
Through this cutoff, candidates can take an idea about how much they need to score as per the category to be eligible for Assam CEE 2018 counselling.