Banasthali Vidyapith Admission – Banasthali Vidyapith was started by Pandit Hiralal Shastri to encourage his daughter to work for women’s upliftment. But due to the early demise of his daughter, in the year 1935, a mud house was devoted to provide education to around 12 girls. Later on, it was extended and the name changed from ‘Banthali’ to ‘Banasthali’ University. Now, it has become one of the pioneer education group to provide education to girl children within India across school and higher education level.
It has only one branch and that too, the main branch situated in the state of Rajasthan. While in their school curriculum, Banasthali aims at providing fivefold education, focusing on physical, practical, aesthetic, moral and intellectual development. Whereas at higher level education, Banasthali focuses on the cultivation of some moral values along with course-specific knowledge. It provides various UG, PG, Ph.D. and Part-time courses to all the girls of various age groups. To know more details on Banasthali Vidyapith Admission, candidates can keep reading this article from below.
Banasthali Vidyapith Admission 2019
- Establish: Banasthali University was started in the year 6 October 1935.
- Type: Deemed University
- Area: The campus of Banasthali Vidyapith stretches more than up to 850 acres.
- Campuses: Only one is situated in Niwai – Jodhpuriya Road, Vanasthali, Rajasthan 304022
- Location: Banasthali University is very well linked to road, rail and air transport. Banasthali Vidyapith is about 72 km away from Jaipur city by road, whereas it is very well connected with Banasthali Newai Railway station. While Jaipur airport is nearly 59 km, it also has its own licensed airfield.
- Facilities: It provides some of the campus amenities, that a candidate looks forward to, like 29 hostels with student capacity of 110 to 438 students, sports field, airstrip for gliding and flying, central library, radio station, hospital, guest house, transport, IT infrastructure, bank, postal, courier and departmental store services, apart from college canteens.
Banasthali Vidyapith Admission Courses Offered –
Below we have listed the following B.Tech and M.Tech that Banasthali Vidyapith offers.
- B.Tech. Comp. Sc. & Engg.
- B.Tech. Electronics & Communication
- B.Tech. Electronics & Instrumentation
- B.Tech. Electrical & Electronics
- B.Tech. Information Technology
- B.Tech. Biotechnology
- B.Tech. Chemical Engg.
- B.Tech. Mechatronics
- M. Tech.Comp. Sc.
- M. Tech. IT
- M.Tech. (Nanotechnology)
- M.Tech. (VLSI Design)
Other than these courses, Banasthali Vidyapith also offers the following courses:
- Foundation & Vocational
- B. Pharm.
- B.Ed./B.Ed. (Enriched)
- B. Des.
- Master of Social Work
- M.Sc. (Home Science)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Bio-informatics
- Diploma Courses
- Certificate Courses
- Advanced Diploma Courses
Banasthali Vidyapith Admission Procedure
Banasthali University conducts an admission test for all the B.Tech courses, known as the Banasthali Aptitude Test. To appear and apply for this university level entrance exam, Banasthali University lays some eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled. Those criteria are:
- Should have passed and secured 60% in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects.
- Foreign or NRI candidates needn’t have to appear for this admission test. Admission will be granted on merit basis to all those candidates falling under this category. They need to minimum score 40% in their qualifying exam for admission purposes.
For admissions to M.Tech courses, Banasthali conducts an entrance test for which it lays certain course specific eligibility criteria as well. Note them, from below.
- M.Tech.(Computer Science) – Should have scored an average of at least 55% or above marks in his or her graduation with any of these B.E./B.Tech. braches – Computer Science/Engg or M.Sc.(Comp.Sc.) or MCA or M.Sc.(Maths: Theoretical Computer Science).
- M.Tech.(Information Technology) – He or she must have pursued any of the B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc.(Engg.) in CS/IT/ECE/EE or MCA/M.Sc.(IT/CS/Physics/Mathematics) or any other equivalent undergraduate degree in CS/IT from a recognized university with at least an average of 55% marks.
- M.Tech.(VLSI Design) – Candidate should have pursued B.E./B.Tech.(CS/Electronics), MCA/M.Sc.(CS), M.Sc.(Electronics) and should have secured a minimum of 55% of marks.
The sections covered in the admission test for M.Tech Computer Science and Information Technology are – Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, Computer fundamentals, and Computer Science, whereas the sections covered for M.Tech VLSI entrance exam are – Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, Computer fundamentals and Electronics.
Banasthali Vidyapith Admission Fee Structure –
The fee structure to pursue any of the B.Tech or M. Tech courses will be 99,000 per year, be it any branch. Whereas for NRI candidates, the fee structure to pursue any of the US Dollar $ 3,850 p.a.
- One time hostel charges that need to be are Rs. 5,000, whereas one-time admission fee for both M.Tech and B.Tech courses are Rs.10,000.
- All candidates also need to submit a development fee of 26,000/- in addition to the other fees that need to be paid.
- A security deposit needs to be paid by every candidate of Rs. 10,000/- which is a refundable amount.
- Some of the miscellaneous charges also need to be paid which will include exam fee, identity card which amounts to Rs.1000.
Scholarship Under Banasthali Vidyapith Admission
By providing scholarship schemes available to all the girl students, Banasthali aims to improve the literacy rate of girl students in the country. Merit cum scholarships are given to the following candidates falling under any of the condition. To check the detailed scholarship criteria, candidates can click here.
|Scholarship Type||Amount Ranges From(Rs.)|
|4 Merit Scholarships||5000 – 10,000|
|4 Merit cum Need Scholarships||— Exempted from paying full payment|
|4 Scholarships based on merit||5000 – 10,000|
|9 Scholarships are provided by Other Sources||As per Government Raj Rule to total fee exemption|
|26 Scholarships are provided by Private Institutions||400-16000|
Placement Under Banasthali Vidyapith Admission
Banasthali students have been successfully creating their name in various fields be it corporate or other academic or sports field. Every year, many well known recruiters visit the campus to offer all the meritorious students some great packages. Banasthalites are making it big in their respective fields and proving the world that there is nothing a women can’t do! Some of these names are:
- Meira Kumar – First Women Speaker of Lok Sabha
- Avni Chaturvedi – First Indian Women Pilot of Indian Airforce
- Anuradha Singh – Film Editor
- Sunita Godara – Former Indian Marathon runner
- Binny Yanga – Social Activist
- Kamla Beniwal – Member of Indian National Congress
These recruiters include:
- Pantaloon Retail
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Yes Bank
- Axis Bank
- HCL Technologies
- Induslnd Bank
- Kotak Mahindra
- Zee Telefilms
Banasthali has a special tie-up with ICICI Bank for placement purposes. Candidates can check the detailed list of placement firms from here. These are the till date placement offers that the Banasthali students are blessed with:
- Average Package – Rs. 3.6 LPA
- Last years Package – Rs. 4 LPA
- Biggest Package – Rs. 5.2 LPA