The BCECE 2018 Examination dates has been declared and the examination will be held in one stage only this year. The candidates who will apply for the examination should be aware of the BCECE 2018 Syllabus and Important Books for the same.
On this page you will be able to find the entire BCECE 2018 Syllabus, important chapters that carry most marks in the exam and the important recommended books for preparations. The examination will be conducted for the engineering courses on April 29, 2018 in offline mode. Thus with only one month left candidates must be thorough with the preparation and study materials. Read below to know more.
BCECE 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus is one of the most important element that one must be through with before any examination. The BCECE 2018 Syllabus for Engineering Courses will include three subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. In the table below we have mentioned the chapters for each subject that one must prepare before the examination.
|BCECE 2018 Syllabus for Physics|
|Work, Energy and Power|
|Laws of Motion|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body|
|Properties of Bulk Matter|
|Heat and Thermodynamics|
|Oscillation and Waves|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory|
|Magnetic effects of current & Magnetism|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|BCECE 2018 Syllabus for Chemistry|
|States of Matter: gases and liquids|
|Structure of Atom|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties|
|s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)|
|Group 1 and Group 2 elements|
|Preparation and properties of some important compounds|
|Some p-Block Elements|
|General Introduction p-Block Elements|
|Group 3 Elements|
|Group 4 Elements|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques|
|Classification of hydrocarbons: Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Aromatic hydrocarbons, Mechanism of electrophilec substitution|
|Environmental Chemistry: Environmental pollution, Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry|
|General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|p-Block Elements: Group – 5 elements, Group – 6 elements, Group – 7 elements, Group – 8 elements|
|d- and f- Block Elements: Lanthanoids, Actinoids, Coordination Compounds|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids|
|Organic compounds containing Nitrogen: Amines, Cyanides and Isocyanides, Diazonium salts|
|Biomolecules: Carbohydrates, Proteins, Vitamins, Nucleic Acids|
|Chemistry in Everyday life|
|BCECE 2018 Syllabus for Mathematics|
|Sets and Functions|
|Relation & Functions|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction|
|Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations|
|Permutation & Combination|
|Sequence & Series|
|Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Limits and Derivatives|
|Inverse Trigonometric Functions|
|Continuity and Differentiability|
|Application of Derivatives|
|Application of Integrals|
BCECE 2018 Syllabus PDF Download
Click here to download PDF of the Complete BCECE 2018 Syllabus.
BCECE 2018 Exam Pattern
Below is the exam pattern of BCECE 2018. Know the exam pattern so as to be well prepared beforehand.
- Mode of Examination: Offline- OMR Answer Sheet will be Provided.
- Total Marks: 400 in each subject
- Number Question: 100 in each subject
- Marking scheme: +4 for correct answers and -1 for each wrong answer.
- The language of the Question Paper: Hindi and English
BCECE 2018 Important Chapters
Here are some of the subject wise important chapters that one must not miss under any circumstances. These chapters carry the maximum marks in BCECE examinations. Preparing these chapters must be your priority, with just one month to go for the exam, make sure you have covered these chapters.
Important chapters in Physics:
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillation and Waves
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body
- Fluid Mechanics
Important Chapters in Chemistry:
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- p-Block Elements
- d and f-block Elements
- States of Matter: gases and liquids
- Redox Reaction
Important Chapters in Mathematics:
- 3D Geometry
- Permutation and Combination
- Differential Equations
- Sequence & Series
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
BCECE 2018 Exam Preparation
Preparing for BCECE 2018 in one month? Time to work smart. Hardwork has no alternative, but with less time left candidates now need to work smart. Since we have mentioned what are the important chapters above, you must take a note of them and start preparing them without any second thoughts. You will be able to score fair marks by preparing the above mentioned chapters in each subject.
Here are some preparation tips that will help you make through the final month before the BCECE 2018 Exam. Make sure you dedicate most of your time to your preparation and take care of your health at the same time.
- Start the day as early as possible: Make sure you are wakingt up early and revising what you had prtepared the previous day. This way in the morning yopu will be able to revise and retain the previous day’s lessons.
- Practice: Dig up as many previous years’ question papers andstart practicing them on a daily basis. Practice atleast 2 question papers. One at the day time and one in the evening.
- Resolve all the doubts: Discuss with friends or your teachers whatever doubts you come across. Dont let the doubts hinder your preparation. Make sure you clear them as soon as possible.
- Take Mock Tests: Prepare your own mock tests. Create an exam environment like the BCECE 2018 exam and thus you will be able to increase your speed and accuracy.
- Cover what is important: Now since you know what are the important chapters make sure you have them covered. These chapters carry the most weightage of marks in the paper. Out of the entire BCECE 2018 Syllabus make sure you have them well prepared for each subject.
Important Books for BCECE 2018
Below are the important books for BCECE 2018 Exam. We have also provided the buying links for the books subject wise:
|Name of the book||Author||Buying Link|
|Pradeep Objective Physics Vol. I & II||K.L. Gomber and K.L. Gogia||Buy Here|
|Concepts of Physics||H C Verma||Buy Here|
|Previous Years’ Solved Papers BCECE Engineering||Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|Handbook of Chemistry||R P Singh||Buy Here|
|Objective Mathematics for Engineering Entrance Examinations (Set of 1&2 Volumes)||R D Sharma||Buy Here|