BCECE 2020 Exam Pattern – Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) will be conducting Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) 2020 for admission in various undergraduate engineering courses in the state of Bihar. It is a pen paper based examination conducted in offline mode. The exam shall be of 90 minutes based on subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Agriculture. Candidates must know all about the exam pattern and syllabus in order to plan their preparation strategy. For detailed information, scroll down the article.
BCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates who will be appearing for the examination are requested to refer the examination pattern. The examination pattern will be providing the candidates with a guideline to work accordingly.
BCECE 2020 Questions Paper Pattern
Following are the subject groups in BCECE 2020.
- PCM- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- PCB- Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- PCMB- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology
- CBA- Chemistry, Biology, Agriculture
- Mode of Examination: offline
- Time Duration: 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Number of questions: 100 (each subject)
- Maximum marks: 400
Distribution of marks and time duration
|Physics||400||1 ½ hours|
|Chemistry||400||1 ½ hours|
|Mathematics||400||1 ½ hours|
|Biology||400||1 ½ hours|
|Agriculture||400||1 ½ hours|
+4 marks for correct answer
-1 for incorrect answer
BCECE 2020 Syllabus
Following us the syllabus for BCECE 2020.
|Kinematics||Some basic concepts of Chemistry|
|Laws of Motion||Structure of Atom|
|Work, Energy and Power||Classification of Elements |
and Periodicity in Properties
|Motion of System of Particles|
and Rigid body.
|States of Matter : gases and liquids|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||Thermodynamics|
|Oscillations and Waves.||Equilibrium|
|Electrostatics||s-Block Elements |
(Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
|Current Electricity||Organic Chemistry|
|Magnetic effects of current |
|Atoms and Nuclei||Polymers|
|Electronic Devices||Organic compounds containing Nitrogen|
|Communication Systems||Chemistry in Everyday life|
|SETS AND FUNCTIONS||DIVERSITY IN LIVING WORLD|
|ALGEBRA||STRUCTURAL ORGANISATION IN |
|CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY||CELL : STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION|
|MATHEMATICAL REASONING||HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY|
|STATISTICS & PROBABILITY||SEXUAL REPRODUCTION|
|RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS||BIOTECHNOLOGY AND ITS APPLICATIONS|
|LINEAR PROGRAMMING||BIOLOGY AND HUMAN WELFARE|
|PROBABILITY||ECOLOGY & ENVIRONMENT|
- Introductory Agriculture and Agro meteorology
- Soil as a medium of plant growth
- Plant breeding and genetics.
- Agricultural Engineering
- Crop protection
- Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fish Production
- Cultivation of crops
- Cropping system
- Soil and water management
- Weed management
- Recent trends in agriculture
- Agricultural economics
- Basic Horticulture
- Fruit Production
- Vegetable production
- Flowers, medicinal and aromatic plants
- Preservation of fruits and vegetables
- Extension education
BCECE 2020 Preparation Tips
- If you begin your preparations without any proper planning and strategy, it is difficult to structure your preparation time. Always prepare a schedule according to your subjects and topics to cover.
- Try to practice varied number of questions from online and offline resources. Try to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Do check out the weightage distribution and give sincere attention to the section with maximum weightage and prepare accordingly. Follow the BCECE 2020 Exam pattern.
- Go through the sample papers and practice previous year BCECE question papers to analyze the exam pattern and difficulty.
- Try to manage and dedicate time to each subject and practice mock tests, question papers. You can refer to the important books available and free mock tests available online as well and can watch free videos on youtube to clear your concepts.
- Regular revisions also play a major role in determining your results. Always keep revising all the important topics and concepts you have already covered. Revision helps in memorizing at the time of exam. All the best!
About BCECE 2020
The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) is being administered for admissions to undergraduate engineering programmes on offer across the state engineering colleges. Until last year, the BCECEB used to conduct an entrance examination which now has been put on hold now on, as the admissions are offered on the basis of JEE Main scores. However, if there will be an examination held for B.Tech programmes, the results will be declared for the same.