BITS Goa Admission- Established in the year 2004, the K.K Birla Goa Campus is one of the prominent campuses which attracts thousands of students every year to pursue the various integrated first degree, higher degree and doctoral programmes. It is nearly 7 km away from the Dambolin airport. It belongs to one of the three deemed university campuses of the Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani. Situated in an ideal tourist location, this campus of BITS is blessed to have been surrounded by the scenic beauty of the Zuari hills and the breathtaking view of nature around. This campus offers 11 First Degree, 6 Higher Degree and Ph.D. Programs to 675 students admitted every year. Its residential campus to home to about 2400 students and 170 faculty members. Know more about BITS Goa Admission from this article provided below.
Birla Institute Of Technology & Science is one among the six institutes to get the prestigious tag of the “Institute Of Eminence” from the Government Of India.
BITS Goa Admission 2019
- Established: BITS, Goa was established in the year 2004
- Type: It is a private( deemed university) branch.
- Area: BITS, Goa offers its aspirants with its humungous campus of 180 acres
- Campuses: BITS has got 3 campuses to offer namely BITS, Hyderabad, BITS, Goa and BITS, Pilani.
- Facilities: Providing some top-notch facilities like academic and administrative offices, Guest House, Boys and girls hostel, Student Activity Centre, faculty and staff quarters, Medical Centre, Playground and Shopping Complex, the BITS, Goa campus attract plenty of students, every year.
BITS, Goa has got various types of engineering courses to offer. Be it of the undergraduate or postgraduate level. It offers Bachelors of Engineering courses for a duration of 4 years, whereas it offers Masters Of Engineering courses for a duration of 2 years. Other than these courses, BIT Goa also offers
Bachelors Of Engineering(BE) Courses at BITS, Goa
- B.E. Computer Science Engineering
- B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.E. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- B.E. Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. Chemical Engineering
Masters Of Engineering(ME) Courses at BITS, Goa
- M.E. (Biotechnology)
- M.E. (Chemical Engineering)
- M.E. (Embedded Systems)
- M.E. (Design Engineering)
- M.E. (Computer Science)
- M.E. (Microelectronics)
In order to pursue any of the above-listed UG level engineering courses, a candidate needs to appear and qualify BITSAT. BITSAT is an admission test that needs to be cleared in order to pursue any of the BE branches across any of the campuses, be it Goa, Hyderabad or Pilani. Note that, JEE Main marks are not taken into consideration for admission purposes. Prior to applying for BITSAT via online mode in the month of March, every year, candidates need to check whether they fulfill the eligibility criteria, as laid by the Birla Institute. The eligibility criteria for admissions to BITS, Goa are as follows:
- Should have passed 10+2 from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.
- Should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in his or her Class 12th level.
- Should have secured minimum qualifying marks in BITSAT.
Fees for all the First Degree Integrated Courses and Higher Degree Courses are as follows:
|Fee Structure||BE Courses Amount (in Rs.)||ME Courses Amount (in Rs.)|
|Hostel fee First Semester||15,750/-||15750/-|
|Hostel fee Second Semester||15,750/-||15750/-|
|Hostel fee Summer term||7,875/-||7,875/-|
|Mess & Electricity advance First Semester||10,000/-||10000/-|
|Other Advances( First Semester)||12,000/-||12000/-|
|Other Advances(Second Semester)||12,000/-||12000/-|
|Institute Caution Deposit||3,000/-||3,000/-|
|Students’ Union fee||450/- pa||450/- pa|
|Students’ Aid Fund||225/- pa||225/- pa|
BITS, Goa makes some of the attractive scholarship schemes available to some aspirants. As pursuing an engineering discipline from a private university like BITS is like a dream to many. But having sufficient finances is a prerequisite. But not for deserving candidates! BITS provides the scholarship to the following candidates in the following manner.
- For Board Toppers – Merit scholarship of 50% is provided to a candidate if he or she has secured at least 90% in Class 12 level from any recognized Board.
- For Candidates Achieving Merit In Qualifying Exam – Tuition Fee Waiver and reduction in Hostel Charges will be provided to the following candidates –
|95% or above||40% of first-semester tuition fee.|
|90% or above but less than 95%||25% of the first-semester tuition fee.|
|80% or above but less than 90%||15% of the first-semester tuition fee.|
|90% or above in the aggregate||25% concession in the Hostel fee for the normal duration of the programme (four years).|
- For BITSAT Merit Candidates – Tuition Fee Waiver Policy for candidates securing BITSAT merit scores is as follows. Moreover, 25% concession in the Hostel fee for four years will be provided to all those candidates securing 150 or above BITSAT score.
- For Candidates Already Pursuing A Course – 20% of tuition fee for the current semester will be provided to all those who score a CGPA of 9.00 or above on a 10.00 scale, the last semester.
- Other Special Concession – Candidates who belong to GCC Or Arab countries, physically challenged category or candidate’s whose earning member of the family has bereaved will also be provided with some amount of tuition fee waiver.
- For Siblings – Candidates whose siblings have also enrolled themselves along with the candidate will be given a scholarship of 25% on the tuition fee.
Placements @ BITS, Goa
BITS, Goa is one such branch of the Birla Institute of TEchnology has always ends up getting a positive placement record, every year. As per the stats, every semester nearly 300 students from BITS, Goa appear for the on-campus placement drives. And mostly, every student ends up gets placed by the end of the placement procedure. That’s how great BITS, Goa’s placement cell is!
- Average Salary: 900000 after graduation, while 800000 after post graduation.
- Last Year’s Maximum Salary Package: 11.07 lakhs
- Till Date Maximum Salary Package: 1.40 Crore from Google (in the year 2014)
These are the placement records of all the BE branches.
These are the placement records of all the ME branches.
Over the years, many well-known recruiters have visited the Goa campus. All candidates who wish to sit for the on-campus placement drives needs to contact the Placement Manager or the Placement Board. There are two placement seasons. One ranges from August to November, while other ranges from January to April. Till date, BITS, Goa has been paid a visit by more than 160 renowned companies, you can click here to view the full list. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Aditya Birla Group
- Adobe Systems
- Bank of America
- Bharti Airtel
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Dell International Services
- Deloitte Consulting
- eBay India Product center
- Ericsson India Global Service
- Ernst & Young
- Flipkart Online Services
- Fractal Analytics
- GE Energy
- Genpact Analytics
- IBM Research
- Idea Cellular
- L & T
- Microsoft Corporation (Redmond)
Many of the prominent figures in today’s generation have studied from BITS, Pilani campuses. Here’s providing you with a list of BITS alumni!
|Sunil Duggal||CEO of Dabur|
|Manu Sawhney||CEO of ESPN Star Sports|
|Sanjay Jalona||CEO and MD of L&T Infotech|
|Deendayal Upadhyaya||President of Bharatiya Jana Sangh|
|Richa Kar||Co-founder and CEO of Zivame.com|
|Amitabh Chaudhry||MD and CEO of HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Ltd|
|Mani Shankar||Director, Indian movies|
|Anu Haasan||Actress, Tamil/Telugu movies, TV show host|
|SK Roongta||Chairman of Steel Authority of India Ltd.|
|Sanjay Mehrotra||President and co-founder of SanDisk|