BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern – Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) conducts an examination for the candidates who want to pursue Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) as their undergraduate course. The examination is known by the name Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT). It is conducted in the online mode wherein, candidates are asked the questions related to the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, General English and Logical Reasoning. Scroll down to know in detail about BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can have a look at the exam pattern given below so as to see what can be the possible steps for preparing for any exam. It is crucial to check the exam pattern because this helps all the candiates to prepare some strategy to score well in the examination. For this purpose, go through the exam pattern for BITSAT 2020 given below.
- Mode-Computer – Based Test
- Medium of Exam– English
- Type of questions– Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Duration– 3 hours
- No. of questions- 150
- Marking Scheme– +3 marks for the correct answers. -1 marks will be deducted for the wrong answers.
Check the distribution of marks according to the different sections given below.
|Mathematics / Biology||45|
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test is conducted according to the syllabus of class 11th and 12th. The important chapters and units of the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are given below.
Part I: Physics
|Units & Measurement|
|Newton’s Laws of Motion|
|Impulse and Momentum|
|Work and Energy|
|Mechanics of Solids and Fluids|
|Heat and Thermodynamics|
|Magnetic Effect of Current|
Part II: Chemistry
|States of Matter|
|Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure|
|Physical and Chemical Equilibria|
|Hydrogen and s-block elements|
|p- d- and f-block elements|
|Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons|
|Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry|
|Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen|
|Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry|
Part III English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning
Part IV: Mathematics
|Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry|
|Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry|
|Differential calculus and Integral calculus|
|Ordinary Differential Equations|
BITSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check the tips given below to see what can be the possible techniques to score well in the examination. The tips for BITSAT 2020 are given below.
- Check the syllabus throughly: The first step to prepare for the examination is to go through its syllabus carefully and see what are the important topics and chapters as per different subjects.
- Pick the best books: There are ample of books available for the engineering exams, but the books which have to be referred for the preparation of any exam must be the best ones where all the concepts are clear.
- Solve the previous year question papers and sample papers: For the practice, make use of the sample papers available on the official website and check if you can find out the previous year question papers.
- Understand the concepts: Do not mug up the points of any topics, make sure the concept are clear in your mind so that any problem comes up, it can be solved with much precision and understanding.
- Revise: Do not forget to revise the earlier studied concepts, make sure all the topics which you have covered are clear in your mind.
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of BITSAT (www.bitsadmission.com). It must be noted that the hall ticket can be download only booking the slots. So, in a way if any candidates do not book the test date, they cannot obtain BITSAT 2020 Admit Card.
The candidates who are going to have BITSAT 2020 Admit Card in hand, only they can appear for the examination. Also, keep in mind that a valid id proof has to be carried with the hall ticket.
General Instructions for BITSAT 2020
There are some instructions which candidates have to keep in mind while they appear for the test. These things are important to be followed at the time of examination.
- The test is conducted on a large scale so all the candidates appearing in the test will get different question sets.
- Each day the exam will be conducted in two slots. The candidates can choose the slots from any of these available slots.
- For changing the test centres, a proper request must be made.
- All the test – takers must obey the rules in the test centre, if not, will be debarred from the examination.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science is a private institute set up for educating students for various programmes. BITS has been established across three campuses in India and one campus in Dubai. Campuses in India are situated in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.BITS Pilani has been ranked between 801–1000 in the QS World University Rankings for the year 2020. The same rankings for the Asia had the ranking of 180 for BITS Pilani.