CCMT stand for Centralized Counselling for M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan./M.Des. It is a counselling process through which M.Tech admissions are granted in NIT and CFTIs, on the basis of GATE score. CCMT 2018 will be an online admission process for which the score of GATE 2016, 2017 and 2018 will be considered. Through the centralized system, the candidates were able to fill a single online application form to apply for various course and colleges. The result of GATE 2018 was released on March 17, 2018, and the CCMT 2018 round 2 seat allotment result is now available.
In this article get all the details about admission procedure, registration process, eligibility criteria and other important instruction.
The number of participating institutes is constantly increasing in CCMT. The registration process of CCMT is now going on and the process will be concluded in various steps. Before moving further, do check all the expected dates for the counselling process.
|Availability of online Application form/Registration||03 April 2018|
|Start date of online choice filling||03 Apr 2018|
|Last date of online registration and fee payment||08 May 2018|
|Last date of online choice filling||14 May 2018|
|Locking of choices||08 to 14 May 2018|
|Automatic Locking of choices||14 may 2018|
|First Round of allotment||20 May 2018|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee followed by
reporting at any Reporting Centre after 1st round of allotment.
|21 to 24 May 2018|
|Second Round of Allotment||28 May 2018|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee followed by
reporting at any Reporting Centre after 2nd round of allotment.
|29 May to 01 Jun 2018|
|3rd round of allotment||10 Jun 2018|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance fee followed by
reporting at any Reporting Centre after 3rd round of allotment.
|11 to 14 Jun 2018|
|Payment of Provisional Admission Confirmation Fee||15 to 22 Jun 2018|
|First Internal Sliding result declaration||24 Jun 2018|
|Reporting at Admitted Institute and depositing
Institute Balance Fee
|25 to 28 Jun 2018|
|Second Internal Sliding result declaration||30 Jun 2018|
|Vacancy declaration for NSR||03 Jul 2018|
|Fresh registration for National Spot Round (NSR)||04 to 16 Jul 2018|
|Choice filling for NSR||04 to 16 Jul 2018|
|Automatic locking of choices for NSR||20 Jul 2018|
|Document verification of NSR registered candidates||17 to 20 Jul 2018|
|Reporting of Candidates, who will be allotted Seat in NSR, at Admitted Institute||23 to 27 Jul 2018|
Regional Centres (RC) – For CCMT 2018, RCs will be the participating institutes only.
CCMT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
CCMT 2018 will provide admission to Post Graduate programmes of M.Tech./M.Arch./M. Plan./M.Des. across various NITs of India and other centrally funded institutes. To participate in CCMT 2018, a candidate must have the following eligibility criteria.
- A valid GATE score of the year 2016, 2017, 2018.
- In qualifying degree, the candidates should have passed and secured at least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for OC/OB, whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates. The above-mentioned CGPA/Percentage should be awarded by a recognized University/Institute.
- In case, the result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a student subject to meeting above minimum qualifying degree requirements latest by September 15, 2018. In these cases, all exams should have been completed by July 15, 2018. A documentary proof to that effect and Marksheet/Grade card till pre-final semester should be submitted to the Reporting Centre during document verification.
- For every programme, eligibility will be defined based on certain combinations of degree- disciplines and GATE paper.
- For certain programmes in few participating Institutes, special eligibility criteria will be applicable.
College wise CCMT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who will be registering for CCMT 2018 can read below the document for Eligibility criteria for the colleges;
CCMT 2018 Application Process
Aspiring candidates must apply online for CCMT 2018. The application process will be online only and no offline mode will be available for the same. CCMT 2018 application process is described in the steps below, but you must ensure that you are eligible to apply for CCMT 2018. Read the application process in the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of CCMT 2018 or access the link. Or click on the apply online button given below.
Step 2: Fill up the online application form. Here, you have to fill in your programme and institute choices and lock them before the last date.
- The procedure for exercising choices and seeking pertinent information will be guided by appropriate messages and tabs on the computer screen.
- As per the eligibility of the candidate, available programmes related to Institute and Department will be displayed.
- It would be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that she/he fulfils all the necessary eligibility conditions including Special eligibility Conditions of the M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan./M.Des. programme before choice filling.
- Candidate can fill in as many choices in the order of preference as she/he wishes from the list of available programmes.
- If a candidate does not fill even a single choice before the last date of registration, she/he will not be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
Step 3: Submit the online application form along with the application fee before the last date.
- For Open Category (OC)/Other Backward Classes (OB) with valid Non-Creamy layer certificate: Rs. 2200/-
- For SC/ST/PwD: Rs. 1700/-
Mode of Application fee payment: The application fee can be submitted through online or offline available medium. The exact medium to apply will be announced soon.
CCMT 2018 Admission Process
After the application process concludes, the admission process for CCMT 2018 will begin. The admission process of CCMT 2018 takes place in various steps and is a bit difficult to understand. Hence, we have explained it in a simplified manner below.
Fees to be paid during CCMT 2018 Admission Process:
The following fees are to be paid at different stages of the CMT 2018 admission process:
- Application fee: Rs. 2200 (OC/OB) and Rs. 1700 (SC/St/PwD).
- Seat Acceptance Fees: Rs. 20,000 (for all categories).
- Seat Confirmation Fees: Rs. 10,000(for all categories).
All the above-mentioned fees can be submitted online, or through the available offline mode. The details will be updated here about the payment mode, as soon as it is officially announced.
The admission process includes the following steps:
Online Registration, Choice Filling, and Locking of Choices.
- Online Seat Allotment.
- Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee.
- Reporting at the Reporting Centres (RC).
- Payment of Seat Confirmation Fee
- Report at the allotted Institute and pay the Institute balance fee as per the details on CCMT website.
Online registration, choice filling and locking the choice:
The admission process starts as soon as the candidates fill the CCMT 2018 application form. During the application process, you have to submit basic detail and choices for programmes and institutes. You will be able to submit as many choices as you want but do enter it in the order of preference. You must fill and lock your choices before the last date.
Online Seat Allotment
Candidates who will be allotted seats must report to the RCs for the seat allotment rounds. There will be 3 seat allotment rounds. The seat allotment process is explained in the image below.
During the various rounds of seat allotment process, you will be offered the choice of willingness. The willingness choices are explained in the image below:
Now, after you have understood the willingness choices, refer to the image below to understand the seat allotment rounds.
Seat Allotment Rounds of CCMT 2018:
Candidates remaining with the Sliding willingness after all three rounds of seat allotment process will be going through the 2 Internal sliding rounds by physically reporting to the Reporting Centre. The vacancy, if remains after that too, NSR round will be conducted.
Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee
Before appearing in the seat allotment round the candidates have to pay the seat acceptance fee of Rs. 20,000 (for all categories). They will then report to their respective RCs with their seat acceptance proof for the seat allotment process.
Reporting at the Reporting Centres (RC)
The Candidates will have to be physically present with all the important documents for their seat allotment process. The seat allotment process will be done at the various participating institutes. The alloted centres are called the Reporting centres (RCs). If you are not present at the RCs at any of the seat allotment rounds, your admission stands to be cancelled.
Important Documents to be carried at the RCs
Candidates must produce the following documents in original and also self-attested copies of the same while appearing for various rounds of seat allotment at the RCs:
- Printout of the Registration form and locked choices.
- Provisional seat allotment letter.
- Self attested copy of GATE scorecard.
- Photo ID proofs, birth certificate, educational certificates.
- Original Category Certificates, if applicable.
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment.
Payment of Seat Confirmation Fee
If a candidate chooses the Freezing option at any point of the seat allottment process then they have to pay the Seat Confirmation Fees: Rs. 10,000(for all categories). This fee finalises their seat.
Report at the allotted Institute and pay the Institute balance fee
The students who have payed the confirmation fee, will now have to report to their allotted institutes and pay the Institute balance fee before the last date. The details of the balance fee will be uploaded on the website. If a candidate fails to do the same their admission is subjected to be cancelled.
For more detailed information, candidates can download the information brochure of CCMT 2018.
Official website of CCMT 2018 is ccmt.nic.in