CG PET 2020 – Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board or CG Vyapamis responsible for conducting CG PET every year. CG PET is conducted for the UG admission in various branches of engineering. Candidates qualifying the Pre-engineering Test 2020 will be eligible to take admission in Private or Government colleges of Chhattisgarh using the CG PET score. Chhattisgarh PET 2020 will be conducted on May 08, 2020. CG PET is held in various test centers across the Chhattisgarh state. CPEB releases the exam notification now. Aspirants of CG PET 2020 can have a look at this page about CG PET 2020 to know the complete details about this exam such as the CG PET 2020 Application form, eligibility criteria, important books and other relevant details about it.
Latest: The notice for the exam date has been announced on the official website. Scroll down to get the detailed information.
CG PET 2020
Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board is conducting Chhattisgarh PET 2020. All the eligible candidates interested for admission in Chhattisgarh state need to fill the application form as per the schedule. Candidates who are unable to fill the Application form or unable to download the CG PET 2020 Admit card are not able to appear for the examination. Thus, it is important to get aware of the expected dates regarding PET 2020 from the table below:
|Application Forms Start||17 Mar 2020|
|Application Forms End Date||12 Apr 2020|
|Admit Card for Eligible Candidates||04th week of April 2020|
|Examination Date||08 May 2020|
CG PET 2020 Exam Date Notification
The exam date and the application form date has been released. Candidates can check the official notification regarding the CG PET 2020.
CG PET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Students who desire to take this entrance examination to secure admissions to the above-mentioned courses must check the eligibility requirement for the exam. It is important to do so because if the student does not check the criteria and fills the application form, the application is liable to be rejected if found ineligible. Take a look at the expected eligibility criteria for CG PET 2020.
Nationality: Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
Domicile Candidates should hold the domicile of Chattisgarh – State of India.
- They should have studied 10+2 from Chattisgarh Board or any other recognized board such as CBSE, ICSE or Chattisgarh Open School Examination, etc.
- Subjects studied by the candidate should compulsorily include Physics & Mathematics along with one of the subjects as Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational.
- Minimum marks scored by the candidates should be 45% in total in case of Unreserved category, and 40% in total in case of SC/ST Candidates.
CG PET 2020 Application Form
Candidates need to fill the CG PET Application form as the first step of the Application Procedure. Along with the application form, the student has to pay the application fee as well. The application form CG PET 2020 shall be filled online on the official website, that is vyapam.cgstate.gov.in Details to be filled in the CG PET Application Form is as follows:
- E-Mail Id
- Phone number
- Educational qualification
- Date of Birth
- Class 10 roll number
- CG Domicile
CG PET Application form also includes a step to upload passport sized photograph, signature, thumb impression and the name of the candidate. All these things are to be uploaded on a single paper in a particular size and format. Read more…
Application Fee: Candidates can check the CG PET 2020 application fee as per the trends of the last year:
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|Other Backward Classes||₹ 150|
Mode of payment of fee: Online (Credit card/ Debit card/ Internet Banking)
Usually the Application fee is not changed every year, however, any change in the same will be updated here.
CG PET 2020 Admit Card
The CG PET 2020 Admit Card is an important document for those who are appearing for the CG PET 2020 Exam. Candidates who submit their application form successfully before the stipulated date are marked eligible in downloading the CG PET 2020 Admit Card. No candidate is allowed to enter the examination hall if he/she is unable to produce the CG PET Admit card on the exam day. The CG PET Admit Card contains details such as name, photo, test day and date, venue of the exam and other important details. Along with the admit card, candidates need to bring a valid Id proof for the verification of the candidate.
How to Prepare for PET?
CG PET 2020 is not a difficult exam to crack. If the students are clear with their basics in all the subjects and know how to apply those in solving the questions, then they can surely sail through this exam with great marks. Still, they can have a look at some of the preparation tips which we have compiled for the students who are preparing for CG PET 2020 so that they ace this exam with great marks.
- Make your concepts clear. Questions in this exam are asked from basic class 11 and class 12 NCERT Books. If the students have read these, they will be able to solve the questions very easily.
- The next important thing to do is to make short notes. It includes writing all the important formulas, things to remember and other such things. This way, you will have all the things in place and you will also be able to revise from those at the very last moment.
- Practice a lot of questions. It must involve doing questions from all the subjects which shall come up in the paper. By doing this, you will become better at handling the questions in the main examination.
- Search for previous year CG PET papers. Through this, they will have an idea of which type of questions have come up in the examination and what they can expect in the upcoming exam.
- Take proper rest and food. It is necessary for an active mind a few days before the examination and on the day of the exam as well.
CG PET 2020 Exam Pattern
Aspirants preparing for CG PET 2020 must have the knowledge of what is the exam pattern. They should have the knowledge of how many sections are there, what all subjects are there from which the questions shall be asked in the exam. Take a look at the expected exam pattern of CG PET 2020. Candidates can expect the exam pattern to remain the same.
- Mode of Examination: Pen and Paper Based Test
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Total Number of Questions: 150
- Distribution of Questions: The questions shall be distributed as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The marking scheme will come in handy when the candidate wants to compare their responses with the CG PET answer Key. The marking scheme for CG PET is as follows:
- Marks for Correct Answer: 1 mark
- Marks for Wrong Answer: 0 mark
There is no negative marking in the exam. Hence it is advised to attempt all the questions
CG PET 2020 Syllabus
CG PET 2020 Syllabus is an important thing which the aspirants of this exam must have with them. It is necessary to have the syllabus for this important exam with them. It will help them prepare in a much better manner for the exam and hence clear the exam in the very first attempt. Check the expected exam syllabus for CG PET 2020. It is expected to remain the same for this year as well.
Click here to download the syllabus in the PDF format.
Important Books for CG PET
Having the required books for the preparation of CG PET 2020 is necessary for the students who are applying for this exam. Good preparation books will help the students get their concepts cleared if they have any and hence score the best marks possible in the exam. Take a look at some of the books which the CG PET 2020 Aspirants must have with them while they are preparing for this crucial exam.
|Name of the Book||Link to Buy|
|Solved Paper (2004-2016) Chattisgarh PET Pre-Engineering Parvesh Pariksha (Hindi) Paperback – 2016||Click Here to Buy|
|Previous Year Solved Papers Chattisgarh PET Pre-Engineering Test. Arihant Latest Edition Paperback – 2018||Click Here to Buy|
|Topic wise Solved papers for Engineering Entrance 2nd Edition (Kerala CEE/ JEE Main/ JEE Advanced) Paperback – 2015||Click Here to Buy|
|14 Years Solved Papers UPTU UP SEE Paperback – 2017||Click Here to Buy|
CG PET 2020 Test Centers
During the application process of CG PET, the students have to choose the test where they would like to appear for the Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test. Take a look at the expected CG PET Test Centers where the exams are to be conducted.
CG PET 2020 Answer Key
CG PET 2020 Answer Key is released after the examination has been conducted successfully. First, a model answer key is released. If the students feel that there is some mistake in this answer key, they can raise the objections against the same. To raise the objections, the student has to submit some valid proofs for the objections through an email. After the final submission of challenges has been done, the final CG PET 2020 Answer Key is declared. On the basis of this Final Answer Key, CG PET Result is declared.
CG PET 2020 Result
The candidates who appear in the Pre-Engineering Test are able to check the CG PET 2020 Result. CPEB releases the result after the Final Answer Key has been released. Students will have to log in to the official portal and enter the login details to check their individual result. Also, a merit list will be released. On the basis of this list, the students are called for the counselling rounds in order of their rank obtained.
There might be a possibility that two students may have scored the same marks in the entrance examination. In that case, the result shall be determined as per the tie-breaking criteria for CG PET 2020. We have provided here the Tie-breaking criteria for CG PET below:
- The candidate who scores higher in Mathematics shall be given preference in the merit list.
- In case, the candidate has the same marks in Mathematics, then the candidate with a higher score in Physics is considered.
- If in case the tie still prevails the student will be awarded the merit on the basis of the marks obtained in Chemistry subject.
- If the tie is not concluded, a candidate who is elder will be given the preference.
CG PET 2020 Counselling
CG PET 2020 Counselling shall be conducted on the basis of the merit list of CG PET which shall be prepared on the basis of CG PET Result. The counselling shall be conducted for admissions to the colleges based on the ranks obtained by the candidate in the merit list. The qualified candidates will have to report to the allotted college for the verification purpose. They also might need to bring some documents as well with them for the counselling purpose.