CIEAT 2020 – B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology (erstwhile B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent University) will conduct Crescent Institute Admission Entrance Test (CIAET) by the third week of April 2020. Candidates who wish to pursue undergraduate engineering programmes on offer in the the institute need to appear for CIEAT 2020 for which the application form will be announced in January. CIEAT, a university-level engineering entrance examination will be held online. The B.Tech aspirants can scroll below to read in detail about CIEAT 2020 including notification, application, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and preparation.
A three-month application window will be provided to the CIEAT 2020 applicants. Candidates will need to book their examination slots for appearing in the online paper of CIEAT. Find schedule of events and CIEAT 2020 dates in the table given below.
CIEAT 2020 Schedule
|Availability of Application Form||Jan 2020|
|Last date to submit the form||1st week of Mar 2020|
|Commencement of slot booking||2nd week of Apr 2020|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of Apr 2020|
|CIEAT 2020||3rd/4th week of Apr 2020|
|Announcement of result||1st week of May 2020|
Admissions into courses on offer through CIEAT 2020
There are numerous courses offered by B.S. Abdur Crescent Institute of Science & Technology under the B.Tech Programme. Check the list of courses on offer through CIEAT 2020.
- Civil Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Polymer Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
CIEAT 2020 Preparation Tips
All the candidates who are willing to appear for the Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test, they are required to follow some tips in order to score well in the examination. Candidates can refer the tips given below to see what can be the possible techniques to qualify the exam.
- Go through the exam pattern thoroughly: Candidates must see what is the duration of the exam, how many questions will come etc and this can be done by analyzing the exam pattern carefully. Before starting with the preparation of the exam, make sure to check everything related to exam.
- Do the preparation section wise: Make it a habit to go chronologically and pick the sections one by one. Star with section you find the most difficult and then move on to the easier one.
- Practice the Previous Year Question Papers: Find the previous year question papers and start practicing. Practicing the previous year question papers will help you to know the questions which have been coming over the years. Also, it helps you to increase your speed and efficiency to solve the questions.
- Understand the logic: Try to get the logic behind every concept and then solve the questions. Without understanding the logic behind certain concept, you will not be able to move forward with other numericals.
- Refer the Youtube tutorials: If any concept is not clear to you so try and search a youtube video tutorial for it and then understand the topic fully.
- Revise: Do not forget to revise whatever you study until the examination. Do not mug up the concepts.
CIEAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
All the eligible candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria if they have to apply for Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test. The eligibility criteria for CIEAT 2020 is given below.
The candidates must be born on or after January 01, 1997.
- Candidates must have passed 12th class from the State / ICSE / CBSE or equivalent examination.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
CIEAT 2020 Application Form
The eligible candidates can apply for CIEAT by visiting the official website of the exam conducting body. Candidates are required to first register and then fill the application form. In the application form, candidates are required to fill the basic details, contact details and academic details. After entering all the details, candidates are required to then upload the documents.
As the last step, candidates need to pay the application fee and take a printout of the filled in application form.
Application Form: Candidates are can pay Rs 1000 via debit card / credit card / net banking or Demand Draft or cash.
CIEAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card for Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test from the official website of the exam conducting body. CIEAT 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded by entering the application number and password. It is to be remembered that the hall ticket is an important document which has to be carried at the time of examination. If anyone who does not have the admit cards has to pay a fine of Rs 200. The hall ticket consists of the information like name and address of the candidate, exam date, duration of the exam, address of the exam centre etc.
CIEAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern to see what is the duration of the exam, how many questions will be coming in the exam. It is essential for the candidates to be aware of the exam pattern as they can prepare in a better way and can make a preparation strategy.
- Mode: Online
- Sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple- Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Total no. of questions: 100
Check the table given below to know about the distribution of questions as per different sections in the exam.
|Sections||No. of questions|
CIEAT 2020 Result
The candidates can check their respective results from the official website of B.S. Abdur Crescent Institute of Science and Technology. All the test – takers need to enter their login crdentials like application number and date of birth in order to check CIEAT 2020 Result. After the announcement of results, a merit list is prepared for the qualified candidates. The candidates whose name is there in the merit list are required to appear for the counselling for further admission process.
The candidates whose score is above 100 in JEE Main, they do not need to appear for Crescent Institute Engineering Admission Test, they can straightaway appear for the counselling.
CIEAT 2020 Fee Structure
(upon scoring 180 and above)
(upon scoring 160-179)
(upon scoring 100-159)
|Civil Engineering||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|Mechanical Engineering||Rs 25,000||Rs 60,000||1,00,000|
|Polymer Engineering||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|Aeronautical Engineering||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Rs 30,000||Rs 60,000||Rs 1,00,000|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Rs 30,000||Rs 60,000||Rs 1,00,000|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||Rs 25,000||Rs 25,000||Rs 75,000|
|Information Technology||Rs 25,000||Rs 50,000||Rs 75,000|
|Automobile Engineering||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|
|Biotechnology||Rs 25,000||Rs 45,000||Rs 75,000|