COMEDK 2019 – The online COMEDK 2019 exam will be held on May 12, 2019. The application form to apply for the Undergraduate Entrance Test (UGET) 2019 will be available from the third week of January 2019. The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) will conduct UGET, a national level engineering entrance exam, via which admission is made in the participating institutes of COMEDK in BE courses. More than 75,000 candidates appear in the exam. There are 197 BE course offering institutes from the state of Karnataka that participate in COMEDK. Recently only the exam date and the eligibility criteria to appear in COMEDK UGET 2019 is made available. However, it is expected that the application form to apply for the exam will be available from the second week of January 2019. To know all about COMEDK 2019 like application form, eligibility, admit card, result and counselling keep reading below.
COMEDK UGET 2019
Last year in COMEDK UGET exam, the total number of candidates registered for the test were 76,414. Although out of which 62,306 have appeared for the test. The highest score that was achieved then was 168 out of 180. Via COMEDK 2019 admission will be granted in almost 20000 engineering seats. After the COMEDK UGET exam counselling rounds conducted to allocate seats to the qualifying candidates.
COMEDK 2019 Exam Date
Important dates regarding the COMEDK 2019 exam are as follows:
|COMEDK 2019||Important Dates|
|The registration for COMEDK UGET 2019 starts on||2nd week of Jan 2019|
|Last date for submission of online application form||03rd week of Apr 2019|
|The mock test will be available from||01st week of Feb 2019|
|Issuance of COMEDK 2019 Hall Ticket||01st week of May 2019|
|COMEDK UGET 2019 exam date||12 May 2019|
|Answer Key will be published on||03rd week of May 2019|
|The last date to submit objections of Answer Key||04th week of May 2019|
|Final Answer Key shall be published by||04th week of May 2019|
|Declaration of COMEDK 2019 Result||Last week of May 2019|
COMEDK 2019 Latest Notice
As per the latest announcement, the exam date for the next academic session is now available. As per the circular, the exam is being conducted on Sunday i.e. on May 12, 2019. The eligibility criteria have been specified in the circular too. Read the entire notice below:
Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK UGET 2019
The aspirants who wish to apply for COMEDK 2019 must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions as laid down by COMEDK. The eligibility criteria to apply for the exam is as follows:
For Engineering Courses
- The candidates should have passed second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidate should have secured not less than 45% aggregate marks (40% in case of SC/ ST/ OBC categories of Karnataka state) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also should have passed individually in these subjects.
- The candidates who possess a Degree shall not be eligible to apply for Engineering Courses.
For Architecture Courses
- The applicant should have passed second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Those who possess a Diploma recognized by Central / State Government are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- The candidate should have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) in 10+2 or Diploma.
- The candidates must have qualified NATA or its equivalent examination.
What is the Domicile Criteria to be considered into Karnataka Category?
The candidates will be considered under Karnataka Category, only if the following rules of domicile are the following:
- If the candidate belongs to Karnataka state by birth/ is domicile and have schooling for a minimum period of 07 academic years commencing from 01st standard to II PUC / 12th Standard as on 01st July of the year of entrance exam. The candidate should have passed either SSLC / 10th Standard or 2nd PUC / 12th Standard or equivalent qualifying examination from Karnataka State. In case of the candidate who had taken more than one year to pass a class or standard, the years of academic study is counted as one year only.
- Candidates who have studied and passed both 1st and 2nd year PUC or 11th and 12th standard examination within the State of Karnataka from an Educational Institution run or recognized by the State Government and either of the candidate’s parents should have studied in an educational institution of Karnataka for a minimum period of 07 years. In this case, such candidates have to produce certificates issued by the competent authority to show that either the candidate or their parents (Father / Mother) has been a resident of Karnataka State and study certificate/s against their claim at the time of counseling.
COMEDK 2019 Application Form
The application form for COMEDK UGET 2019 will be available online at its official website, comedk.org. To apply for the exam, the aspirants first need to register online by entering basic information such as their Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number. Only after the registrations is done, the aspirants can proceed to fill in other required details in the online application form. In the COMEDK Application Form, the applicants need to upload scanned images of their Photograph, Photo Id proof, Signature of the candidate and of Father or Guardian. The final step is to pay the requisite amount for the application fee be online mode.
It is expected that the candidates who wish to apply for COMEDK 2019 shall have to pay the following amount for the application fee:
|Exam||Application Fee Charges|
|COMEDK UGET only||Rs. 1300|
|Uni-GAUGE Only||Rs 1600|
|Both COMEDK AND Uni-GAUGE||Rs. 2100|
Mode of Payment: The application fee shall be payable by online mode via the following modes:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
Test Centers for COMEDK 2019
The entrance exam for COMEDK shall be held at the following test centers:
|Guntur||Bokaro Steel City||Aurangabad||Gandhinagar|
|Bhilai And Durg||Tumakuru(Tumkur)||Khammam||Thiruvananthapuram|
COMEDK 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
The applicants who will successfully register for the exam will be issued the admit card. Such candidates will be able to download the admit card online at COMEDK website, by entering details such as Application Sequence Number/ User ID, Password. The COMEDK UGET Admit Card consist of the basic information about the exam such as exam date, timings, and address of the test venue. The candidate needs to bring along a print out of the admit card and a valid photo id proof as selected at the time of registering online. The COMEDK 2019 Admit Card is an important document and it must be preserved and produced at the time of Counseling /Admission.
Exam Pattern for COMEDK UGET 2019
COMEDK UGET 2019 is a mandatory entrance for candidates who wish to seek admission in the 120 Member Institutions of COMEDK. The exam pattern to be followed for COMEDK 2019 shall be the same as last year and is given below.
- Mode of the examination: The entrance test will be a computer-based test.
- Type of Questions: The exam will consist of Objective type MCQ questions
- Medium of the Test: The entrance examination for COMEDK will be in English Language only.
- Total Marks: The test shall be of a total of 180 marks.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
The marking scheme to be followed for COMEDK 2019 shall be as follows:
- For every correct answer, 01 marks will be given.
- There shall be no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
Syllabus for COMEDK 2019
The entrance test, COMEDK UGET 2019 will be on the basis of the Class 12th/ 2nd PUC syllabi. The syllabus for each subject is as follows:
|Subjects||Class 11th||Class 12th|
- For Physics – Click Here to download the complete syllabus for COMEDK 2019 UGET
- For Chemistry – Click Here to download the complete syllabus for COMEDK 2019 UGET
- For Mathematics – Click Here to download the complete syllabus for COMEDK 2019 UGET
COMEDK 2019 Answer Key
After the exam is held the exam conducting body will publish answer key at its official website. The Provisional Answer Key, which is usually available a day or two after the exam is held successfully at all the test centers. The candidates can cross-check their answer and calculate their probable score with the help of Answer Key. Also, it helps to estimate the chances of qualifying the entrance examination. The calculation of marks is to be done as per the marking scheme prescribed by COMEDK. Then, it will release a Final Answer Key which is released on the basis of objections raised by the candidate in the Provisional Answer Key. To submit an objection in the Answer Key, the candidate shall to pay an amount of Rs. 500 per objection by online mode.
COMEDK 2019 Result
The result for COMEDK 2019 will be published online at the official website of the University. The candidates will be able to check their result by entering their login credentials such as Application Sequence Number/ Roll Number, Password. Along with the result, the University will also publish a rank card. The candidates who will be selected for COMEDK 2019 Counselling should download and take a print out of the Rank Card. The final merit/rank will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance examination.
Validity for COMEDK UGET 2019 Score
The scores obtained in COMEDK 2019 will be valid only up to the current academic session and can not be taken further for admission in next year.
COMEDK 2019 Counselling
The candidates whose name appears in the merit list will be eligible to appear for COMEDK UGET 2019 Counselling. The COMEDK will conduct centralised online counselling for admission to Undergraduate engineering programs. To appear for counselling, the selected candidates need to first register online and pay the requisite amount. As per last year’s information, the applicant shall have to pay part of the Tuition fee of Rs 5000 to participate in counselling. Option Entry facility will be available only to candidates who have registered and paid the counselling fee. Then, the applicants need to fill in their choices of colleges and courses for admission. After the entry of options is completed, mock allotment will be carried out and the allotment status will be made available. On the basis of the mock allotment, the candidate can change/ edit/ update their choices. The allotment of seat will be done online based on the ranking of the applicant in the entrance examination and his/her preference of seats and the availability of seats.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have tried to answer as many queries as we could. However, if you do not find your question, tell your query in the comment section below.
Is COMEDK UGET 2019 open only for Karnataka Students?
No, this test is open for all the eligible students in the country.
I belong to SC category but I am from Delhi. So, will I get the benefit of the lower eligibility marks in the qualifying examination?
No, only the SC/ST and OBC candidates belonging to Karnataka are eligible to get the benefit of lower eligible qualifying marks.
I have completed degree course. Can I apply for COMEDK?
Candidates who possess a degree course are not eligible to apply for COMEDK UGET.
How many times can I register for COMEDK exam?
You can register as many times as you want. However, the email to be provided at the time of registration must be different each time. Also, there are high chances that multiple applications might be rejected so it is advised to be extremely cautious while applying.
Can I upload a black and white photograph in the COMEDK Application Form?
No, the applicants need to upload a passport size colored photograph which should not be more than 3 months old.
I want to apply for both COMEDK UGET and Uni-Gauge E Exam. So, would I have to register separately and how many exams do I need to attend?
The registration for both the exam can be done through a single application form, There is no need to apply separately for both the exam. Also, the exam for COMEDK UGET and Uni-Gauge E Exam will be held on the same day.
What is the difference in COMEDK UGET and Uni-Gauge E Exam?
The basic difference between these two exams are as follows:
|Components||COMEDK UGET 2019||Uni-GAUGE E 2019|
|Exam Date||Both shall be held on the same day|
|Application form and Test Admission Ticket (TAT)||The same application form is to be submitted for both|
|Scorecard/ Rank||Separate Score Card is issued for COMEDK consisting of rank in the entrance examination||The separate Scorecard is published for candidates who opt for Uni-GAUGE|
|Counseling||Separate Counselling is conducted by COMEDK.||In this, the candidates need to apply separately with their scorecard to individual Member Universities of ERA Foundation. The counselling is held separately by individual Universities.|
|Tie Breaker Criteria||The rules for resolving the tie in eligibility or marks in entrance examination is managed by COMEDK||The rules of tie-breaker are managed by individual Member Universities who accept Uni-GAUGE scorecard.|
|Institutions/University||B.E / B.Tech there are more than 120 Institutions||There are more than 14 Institutions|
Which Universities accept the Uni-GAUGE Scores?
The list of Universities accepting Uni-Gauge Scores for BE/ B.Tech Admission is as follows:
- M.S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka
- SCSVMV University, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
- Manav Rachna International University, Faridabad, Delhi
- Saveetha University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
- REVA University, Bangalore, Karnataka
- K L University, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
- Karpagam University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Kaziranga University, Jorhat, Assam
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University, Pune
- Dayananda Sagar University, Bangalore
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology ADT, Pune, Maharashtra
- Mewar University, Chittorgarh, Rajasthan
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- CMR University, Bangalore, Karnataka
Official website of COMEDK 2019 is comedk.org