COMEDK 2020 Preparation – If you are an engineering aspirant and interested in pursuing admissions at Karnataka colleges, COMEDK would be the examination you interested in. Appearing in COMEDK 2020 will enable the engineering aspirants to apply for undergraduate engineering programmes in over 100 colleges across the state. But mere appearing in the exam would not suffice, qualifying the COMEDK 2020 will. The candidates will need to prepare for COMEDK 2020 for qualifying the exam. This advisory article on COMEDK preparation would help the aspirants like you to know the exam pattern, understand the syllabus even as aware of the important books and expert tips needed to qualify COMEDK UGET 2020 for B.Tech admissions.
COMEDK 2020 Preparation
COMEDK UGET 2020 is a state-level examination conducted to offer admissions in various undergraduate and post – graduate engineering programmes. Read below to know how to prepare for COMEDK UGET 2020.
COMEDK 2020 Preparation: Exam Pattern
There is an important strategy which candidates follow for every exam and this includes analyzing the exam pattern carefully. After knowing the exam pattern, candidates can know the name of the subjects from which questions will be formed, the marking scheme, number of questions etc. Knowing the exam pattern is like moving on the first step of the ladder.
The exam pattern for COMEDK 2020 is given below:
- Mode: Computer – Based Test (Online)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Total Marks: 180
- Marking Scheme: +1 marks for the correct answer. There is no negative marking
- Distribution of Questions: Check the table given below to know about the number of questions in each section.
|Subjects||No . of questions|
COMEDK 2020 Syllabus
Besides knowing the exam pattern, it is important to be aware of the syllabus for the exam. The syllabus is published over the official website of the exam conducting body. It provides the important chapters and units of the various subjects that will be coming in the examination. In COMEDK, mathematics, physics and chemistry are the subjects from which the questions will be framed. Th syllabus is based on the topics studied in 11th and 12th in the above – mentioned core subjects.
The syllabus for COMEDK can be checked from the following section (As per the brochure of previous year)
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laes of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Oscillations and Waves
- Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Electronic Devices
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Communication Systems
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Principles of Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Binomial Theorem
- Linear and Quadratic Inequalities
- Straight Lines
- Conic Section
- Introduction to 3D Geometry
- Limits and Continuity
- Sequences and Series
- Permutation and Combination
- Structure of atom
- Chemical bonding
- States of matter – Gases and Liquids
- Redox reactions
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen and oxygen
- s & p-Block elements
- d and f-block elements
- Haloalkanes, Hydrocarbons and Haloarenes
- Environmental chemistry
- Relations and Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Adjoint and Inverse of a Matrix
- Applications of Derivatives
- Definite and Indefinite Integrals
- Application of the Integrals
- Differential Equations
- 3D Geometry
COMEDK 2020 Mock Test
Candidates are going to get a chance to practice the mock test which will be available on the official website of COMEDK. This is an opportunity for the candidates to get familiarize with the test in advance. Candidates can sign in to give the mock test. This is basically the practice session which could be taken up before the final examination.
COMEDK 2020 Preparation: Important Books
There are many books available in the market for the preparation of engineering entrance exams. However, it is important to pick the best of the lot. Books play a vital role in the preparation of any exam. Here are the list of some sorted books which can be referred for the preparation of COMEDK.
|Physics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK Paperback – 2010||Buy Here|
|Physics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK Paperback – 2010|
By MTG Editorial Board
|10 Years COMEDK Chapterwise Solutions 2015|
By MTG Editorial Board
|Karnataka CET/COMEDK-UGET And NEET UG Previous exam papers solved|
|MTG COMEDK Chapterwise Solutions (11 Yrs 2015-2005) (Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Mathematics) (English)||Buy Here|
|NCERT Solutions Physics 12th|
By Nidhi Goel
|NCERT Solutions Chemistry 12th|
By Geeta Rastogi
|Mathematics for Class 12 by R D Sharma (Set of 2 Volume) (2019-2020 Session)|
By R.D Sharma
COMEDK 2020 Preparation: Important Tips
Candidates must know that to prepare for any exam, it is important that you follow certain tips and techniques wholeheartedly if your goal is to qualify the exam. The tips can be followed to reach the top of the ladder i.e. if you follow the tips, you can score well in the examination. Check the preparation tips given below for COMEDK 2020:
- Proper Time Management: Managing time well is the most important step when you are about to start preparing for some examination. So, take up those sections first which you find the most difficult. Jot down the difficult topic somewhere and revise two or more concepts form it daily.
- Give more time to the weaker sections: Start preparing with the sections from which you are scared. This might take a lot of time but it is important to do those topics first and then devote the remaining time to other topics.
- Check the syllabus carefully: Make sure you are thorough with the syllabus before you start with the preparation. Write down days and dates on which these topics have to be covered. Gove yourself a deadline and try to complete those tasks as per the deadline.
- Solve the mock tests and practice the sample papers: The official authority published the mock test for the aspirants over its official website. Use those mock tests as the golden opportunity. Also, side by side, keep solving the sample papers to increase your speed and efficiency.
- Make notes: It is advised to make sticky notes for important equations, formulas, rules, laws etc. In this way, you can learn the conecpts in less time.
- Do not memorize the steps: It is advised that one should not memorize some particular steps to solve a sum or equation. First, understand the questions, try to recall the concept behind it and then solve the sum.
- Revise: Do not forget to revise. Give time to revision on a regular basis as without doing revision you will not be able to attain good marks in the examination.
Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka is an autonomous institutions who conducts COMEDK. Till last year, more than 75,000 candidates appeared for the exam. The exam conducting body also gives the chance to give the mock tests so that, they are aware of the exam pattern in advance. The exam is a computer – based test and is conducted at the state level. In the exam questions are covered from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.