To prepare for CUSAT CAT 2019, you need a proper plan and schedule since there are a lot of topics and chapters to cover. All the applicants who are wishing to appear for CUSAT CAT entrance exam should start their CUSAT CAT 2019 Preparation. To crack any competitive exam, you need devotion, dedication and along with that a proper preparation to achieve that particular goal. For more details regarding CUSAT CAT 2019 Preparation, candidates can read this article by scrolling down the page.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Preparation
The things which are most important for the preparation is to know about the Exam Pattern, Syllabus, shortcuts, important formula, topics, units & chapters. Aspirants should focus on solving mock tests/previous year question papers and sample papers. Practice the chapters and numerical as much as you can for improving accuracy along with the speed. The important topics in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are as follows:
- For Physics, focus on heat and thermodynamics and wave motion.
- In Chemistry, the important topics include Transition elements (d and f blocks), p-block elements, s-block elements, and organic chemistry.
- Calculus, Probability, vectors, 3D Geometry, Complex Numbers & trigonometry are the most important topics for Mathematics.
CUSAT CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The CUSAT CAT 2019 exam pattern is as follows:
- The mode of the exam will be online only i.e. (CBT).
- There will be 250 questions in total.
- MCQ type questions will be asked.
- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects will be covered.
- The duration of the test will be of 3 hours.
- For each correct answer, you will get 3 marks and for each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
CUSAT CAT 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for CUSAT CAT 2019 will include subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths whose detailed topics are given below:
- Units and Measurements
- Motion in a straight line
- Motion in a plane
- Laws of motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Systems of Particles and Rotational Motion
- Mechanical Properties of solids
- Mechanical Properties of fluids
- Thermal Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Wave Optics
- Electric Charges and Fields
- Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
- Current Electricity
- Moving Charges and Magnetism
- Magnetism and Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices, and Simple Circuits
- Communication Systems
- Atomic Structure
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- States od matters: Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Equilibrium and Acid-Bases
- Hydrogen and its compounds
- The s – Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- p-Block Elements Group 13 (Boron Family)
- p-Block Elements Group 14 (Carbon Family)
- Environmental Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques and Hydrocarbons
- Solid State
- Electrochemistry and Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles of Metallurgy
- p-Block Elements
- d and f block elements and coordination compounds
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Organic compounds containing C, H and O (Alcohols, Phenols, Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids)
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Vector Algebra
- Measures of Dispersions and Probability
- Coordinate Geometry
Best Books for CUSAT CAT 2019
To study and prepare from the recommended and best books is very important to score well in the competitive examinations. All the candidates are advised that they should Try to cover the NCERT books properly first and then focus on the below-mentioned books for reference purpose:
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Buying Link|
|Mathematics Vol. I & II Class – 12||RD Sharma||Buy Here|
|Solutions of Concepts of Physics (H.c. Verma) Vol 1 & 2||HC Verma||Buy Here|
|Concepts Of Organic Chemistry For Jee||OP Tandon||Buy Here|
Official Website: www.cusat.nic.in