DTU Admission 2019- Delhi Technological University, New Delhi offers various Undergraduate, Post-Graduate Programmes. It offers Doctoral Degree too. The students can further select their respective Undergraduate and Post- Graduate programmes which they want to pursue. DTU has been ranked in top 10 Engineering Colleges of India, so students who want to take admission in this University to study Engineering specifically, will get good opportunities if they have made a decision to study here. It has various departments such as Humanities, Applied Chemistry, Applied Physics, Delhi School of Management, Civil Engineering, Information Technology etc. Students can check this page to know more about DTU.
DTU Admission 2019
- Establishment: Delhi Technological University came into existence in the year 1941. It was established by Government of NCT of Delhi
- Location & Area: It is situated in New Delhi, India. Earlier, it was situated in Kashmere Gate but now it has been shifted to the Bawana Road, Rohini Delhi-110042. It is spread approximately 164 acres.
- Type: It is a Public University which is under Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- Facilities: DTU has well equipped computer center, it provides hostel accommodation to both boys and girls. It has a knowledge center too, health center and a Gymnasium center too.
Courses Offered in DTU
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Polymer Science & Chemical Technology
- Information Technology
- Bio- Technology
- Software Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Mathematics & Computing
- Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Automative Engineering
Post- Graduate (M.Tech)
|M.Tech Programmes||Sub- Divisions|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||
Availability of seats in DTU B.Tech Programme
Candidates can check the distribution of seats course wise from the table given below:
|Department Name||Total Number of Seats|
|Bio Technology Engineering||31|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||87|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering||176|
|Engineering Physics with majors in Electronics||64|
|Information Technology Engineering||96|
|Mechanical & Automative Engineering||88|
|Mathematics & Computing Engineering||90|
|Polymer Science & Chemical Technology Engineering||44|
|Production & Industrial Engineering||41|
|Department of Design||60|
Availability of seats in Post- Graduate Programme
Post- Graduate Seat Structure
|Department Name||Program Name||Total Number of seats|
|Applied Chemistry||Polymer Technology||01|
|Electronics & Communications Engineering||
DTU Admission Procedure
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
DTU B.Tech will be done through Joint Admission Counselling, Delhi (JAC). Admission in DTU B.Tech will be strictly on the basis of JEE Main Paper 1. Candidates should have secured 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as an additional subject in 10+2.
The candidates should have any one of the following certificates:
- 12th class certificate of Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
- 12th class certificate of Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Any other examination passed certificate recognized as equivalent to 10+2 certificate of CBSE.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech
Candidates should match the following given eligibility criteria in order to take admission in M.Tech Programme:
- Candidates must have 60% aggregate marks in the last degree completed done from a recognized Institute/ University.
- Candidates who have appeared in GATE and have qualified the examination can also apply for M.Tech.
- Candidates having AMIE/ AMIS/ AMIICHE/ Grad IETE/ AMIIM, who possess B.Sc. or Diploma in Engineering can also apply for M.Tech.
- Candidates who are in the final year of Graduation can also apply for M.Tech. However, they have to produce some proof of completing the Graduation later.
Placement Record of DTU
International Package: 52.22 LPA
Domestic Package: 39.2 LPA
There are number of companies that visit the University every year to offer the job opportunities to the brilliant students. Candidates can check the list of recruiters given below:
- Bank of America
- Deutsche Bank
Graphic Representation of DTU Placement Statistics
Candidates can have a look at the information provided below to know about the Placement Statistics of DTU.
DTU Fee Structure
Candidates who want to pursue B.Tech can check the table given below to have a rough idea about the fee structure of DTU.
|Fee to be paid every semester||Amount|
DTU Fee Structure for Post- Graduate Degree (Full- Time)
|Particulars||1st Year (in Rs)||2nd Year (in Rs)|
|Non- Government Component|
|Facilities & Service Charges||25,000||25,000|
|Economically weaker section fund||5,000||5,000|
|Premium Amount for mediclaim of student (Per Annum)||500||500|
DTU Fee Structure for Post- Graduate Degree (Part- Time)
Scholarship for B.Tech Students
Those students who will be pursuing Civil Engineering will get a scholarship of Rs 60,000 per annum. However, it is to be noted that the scholarship will be only provided to students who have scored more than 8 SGPA their parents’ income is less than 5 Lakhs per annum.