GATE 2019 Application Form – Candidates who have registered for GATE 2019 have to complete the application form submission and fee submission by October 03, 2018. However, no new registrations are allowed now. Thus, after today no application form submission or fee submission will be allowed. Apart from that, candidates who have submitted their application forms will be notified to any correction in their GATE 2019 Application Form if any by the GATE authorities. Such candidates have to make corrections in the form starting from September 27, 2018. To access the GATE 2019 online application form, candidates have to access the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) which is hosted at GATE 2019 official website gate.iitm.ac.in. Read this article to know how to fill the GATE Application Form 2019, important documents needed to fill out the form, application form correction process etc.
GATE 2019 Application Form
GATE 2019 Registrations are now closed. Those candidates who will submit their application forms by today will be able to download their Admit Card/Hall Ticket for the GATE 2019 Exam at GOAPS.
|GATE 2019 Application Form||Dates|
|Commencement of application form submission at GOAPS|
|Last date for application form submission|
|Application Form correction window opens from|
|Last date for submitting the application form with late fee||01 Oct 2018|
|Last date for submitting the application form with late fee only for registered candidates||03 Oct 2018|
|GATE 2019 exam date||02, 03, 09, 10 Feb 2019|
Apply Online / GOAPS Registration: Click Here to complete the application form submission and fee submission (only for registered candidates)
Right now, the received application forms are being scrutinised. Thus if you see your application status as “under scrutiny” you need not worry. The authorities are checking the application forms. Those candidates whose application forms will require corrections will be contacted via email and SMS and also they will see a button for correction in their GOAPS account. Click the link in the quick link section to make corrections in your forms.
GATE 2019 Application Fees
The application fee of GATE 2019 is mentioned in the table below.
Mode of Payment: Online only (Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card)
|For exam cities in India|
|Female candidates||Rs 750|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 750|
|For exam cities in foreign countries|
|In Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu||USD 50|
|In Dubai, Singapore||USD 100|
Late Fees to be paid: If you submit your application form after the last date which is September 22, 2018, you have to pay the following amount. A late fee of Rs. 500/- will be added to the original amount.
|For exam cities in India|
|Female candidates||Rs 1250|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs 1250|
|For exam cities in foreign countries|
|In Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu||USD 70|
|In Dubai, Singapore||USD 120|
Important Documents For GATE 2019 Application Form
Below are the important documents that you will need to keep handy and also upload scanned copy of some of them while filling the GATE 2019 application form. Without these documents, you will not be able to successfully apply for GATE 2019. Thus, make sure you keep all the below mentioned documents ready.
Scanned documents for uploading
- Eligibility Certificate
- Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable)
Documents for reference
- Qualifying degree certificate (or) the certificate issued by the Head of the Department to fill Personal information and Eligibility degree details
- A valid Identity Document (Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card for fee payment
Specifications Of Photograph and Signature To Be Uploaded in GATE 2019 Application Form
Instructions for uploading scanned photographs:
- A passport size (3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height) photograph of the face of the candidate
is required for the application form. No selfies will be valid.
- File size should be between 2KB and 200KB.
- Only JPEG format of the scanned image will be valid.
- The photograph must be in colour and taken after 01 August 2018.
- Photographs taken using a mobile phone and other self-composed portraits may result in rejection of the application.
- Background of the photograph must be white or a light colour.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by the hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow.
- Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible. The photograph must match with your appearance on the day of the examination.
Instructions for uploading scanned Signatures:
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) on an A4 white paper.
- Inside this box, sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- The signature with all capital letters, or in any other colour (other than black and blue) will not be accepted.
- Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned by using a professional scanner.
- Crop it to the border of the box.
- File size should be between 2KB and 150KB.
- Only JPEG image format will be accepted.
GATE 2019 Application Form Correction
As per the notice made available by IIT Madras, candidates will be able to make rhe following corrections as and when the application form correction window opens:
- Date Of Birth
- Details of Parents / Guardian / Correspondence address
- College name and location
- Roll No.
- Registration No.
- Exam Paper
- PwD Status
- Status of Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities
For all the above fields the correction window will be open for a certain period of time. The corrections are to be made within the open window. After the window closes no corrections will be accepted. Read more…
How To Fill The GATE 2019 Application Form?
Without registering in GOAPS candidates will not be able to fill the application form of GATE 2019. Thus, it is important to register first. Follow the steps below:
#1 Register in GOAPS
- A candidate must first register by providing Full Name (as per the qualifying degree certificate), a valid e-mail address, mobile number and by choosing a password.
- Upon registration, an e-mail containing the GOAPS Enrollment ID will be sent to the candidate. Candidates must note this enrollment ID without fail.
Thus, using the enrollment ID and password selected, candidates have to login into the GOAPS portal and fill the GATE 2019 Application Form.
#2 Filling the GATE 2019 Application Form
Now, after logging in, candidates will have to fill the online application form. Here are the details that candidates have to fill in the appropriate field in the application form:
- GATE 2018 Exam Details:
- Please choose the paper you wish to appear in GATE 2018
- Choice of Examination Country
- Choice of Examination City 1
- Choice of Examination City 2
- Choice of Examination City 3
- Applicant’s Personal Details:
- Enrollment ID (Auto mention)
- Name of the Candidate (Auto mention)
- E-mail Address (Auto mention)
- Mobile Number (Auto mention)
- Date of Birth
- PwD Status
- Dyslexic Candidate (yes or no)
- Country of Permanent Residence
- State/Union Territory of Permanent Residence
- ID Proof
- ID Proof Number
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Country of Residence of Parent/Guardian
- Mobile number of Parent/Guardian
- Correspondence Address:
- Address line 1
- Address line 2 (Optional)
- Address line 3 (Optional)
- City / Town
- Pincode / Zipcode
- State/Union Territory
- Qualifying Degree Details:
- Choose qualifying degree or the degree pursuing.
- Discipline of Qualifying DegreeChoose the discipline closest to the ones given, if not in the list.
- Have you Graduated in the above Degree?
- You must upload duly signed certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute in the given format
- Year of Qualifying Degree
- Country of College / University
- State/Union Territory
- If the country is other than India, the State/Union Territory will appear as “Other”.
- College/University NameAs you start typing the college name, you will see a list of colleges.
- Please select your college if it appears in the list. Otherwise, type the name completely without any special characters (Note: Length should not exceed 100 characters).
- PIN Code
- Upload Documents:
- Photograph (File size should be between 2KB and 200KB)
- Signature (File size should be between 2KB and 150KB)
- Upload Certificate from the HOD / Institute (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Caste Certificate, if applicable (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- PwD Certificate, if applicable (File size should be between 10KB and 300KB)
- Where did you first come to know about GATE 2018?
- Sign Deceleration
#3 Payment of GATE 2019 Application Fee
- The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to you, and you will have to confirm the payment by paying the requisite amount.
- Once you confirm and the payment is successful, you will be redirected back to the GOAPS website, from where you will be able to download the pdf copy of application form by clicking “Download Application Form” button.
#4 Download and Print The Application Form
- Once your payment is successful, you will be able to download the filled in application form in PDF format.
- Download it and take a print out
- You don’t have to send the application form to the GATE authorities, keep it for your own reference.
Important Instructions on GATE 2019 Application Form
Please do read the below instructions carefully before uploading the documents and filling the GATE 2019 Application Form online.
- The entire process of filling up of the application form and uploading of certificates/documents, etc. is in online mode only. The candidates should not send any hard copy of his/her application form/documents etc. to IIT Madras or any of the zonal GATE offices.
- Candidates who will submit their application forms will get the GATE 2019 Admit Card at GOAPS. Candidates can download their Admit Card from GOAPS website. No printed copy of the Admit Cards will be posted to the candidates.
Know About GOAPS
GOAPS provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the GATE administration. With this interface, a candidate can:
- Apply for the examination.
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like qualifying degree certificate/ Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute and category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate as applicable.
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes.
- Check the Status of the application form: Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit Card ready for download, etc.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your answers, marks and GATE score.
- Download GATE scorecard.