GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) – Candidates appearing in GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) must know exam pattern, syllabus, books for GATE Chemistry (Compulsory) exam. Complete details regarding GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) is given here so that you can have all the required information in one place and simply focus on preparation.
The exam pattern and syllabus of Chemistry (Compulsory) GATE exam are officially prescribed by the Indian Institutes of Technology. In order to study and gain practice, it is important to use the most recommended GATE 2019 Books for Chemistry (Compulsory) . Check them all here. Best of luck for exam!
GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) Syllabus
Here is the complete syllabus of GATE Chemistry (Compulsory) exam. Candidates should study all topics mentioned in it. Questions may come on any of these topics, in any weightage order.
Download GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) Syllabus from here.
GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) Books
Now that you know the syllabus, don’t you want to know where to study them from?
Well first of all, you should be thorough with the basics, which need to have happened primarily during your college time. Since you are attempting GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) , you must have a similar background (check GATE 2019 eligibility criteria). During your engineering graduation, you must have studied topics which will now help you in clearing GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) entrance exam.
However, some specific books are also there in the market. Their sole aim is to make you prepare for GATE Chemistry (Compulsory) . Most recommended and popular books are given below.
GATE Chemistry: Previous Years’ Papers (Latest)
Chemical Sciences CSIR- NET & GATE Topicwise Complete Solution
Gate Paper Chemistry 2019 (Previous Papers 2000-2018)
Chapterwise Solved Papers Chemistry GATE 2000-2017
If you know of any other books, which you would like to recommend, please comment below.
GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) Exam Pattern
If you are well versed with the theory and have practice of MCQs, then you are ready to face any postgraduate engineering entrance exam. However, knowing the GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) Entrance Exam Pattern will make better prepared to face the paper. Also, if you practice mock tests on same lines, you will have really good accuracy and time management during exam. So therefore, the complete GATE Chemistry (Compulsory) Exam Pattern is given here for you.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to select (mark) the correct answer.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. For these questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered by the candidate using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor (keyboard of the computer will be disabled). No choices will be shown for these type of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 or -10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals) or -10.001 (three decimals). These questions will be mentioned with, up to which decimal places, the candidates need to make an answer. Also, an appropriate range will be considered while evaluating the numerical answer type questions so that the candidate is not penalized due to the usual round-off errors. Wherever required and possible, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places.
Negative Marking for Wrong Answers:
- For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in NAT questions.
Tips To Prepare For GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory)
Whether you are appearing in GATE 2019 for the purpose of studying M.Tech or PhD, or to get recruitment in PSU, you need a good score. That’s your aim. Right?
And to get a good score, you need to be really prepped up.
There is only one formula for success in GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) , which is
- Be informed of all details – exam pattern, syllabus, books.
- Study hard from day 1.
- Practice a ton of MCQs.
- Do. Not. Give. Up.
Sounds simple, is difficult. But I am sure you will do it. 😊
Best of luck for GATE 2019 Chemistry (Compulsory) .