IIT Madras has released the official notification that specifies the detailed GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria for the exam. Qualifying GATE 2019 is necessary to take admissions to M.E/M.Tech and PhD programmes offered by IITs, IISc, NITs and other universities of India. The application process for GATE 2019 will take place through online mode. After the release of official notification, conducting body will host all the GATE 2019 pre-exam, main exam, and post-exam. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a postgraduate level entrance exam for engineering. IIT Madras will conduct GATE 2019 on 2, 3, 9 and 10 February 2019.
The candidates must ensure that they meet with the GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria specified by the administrative body. Thereafter, they should apply for the same. With the help of this article, candidates can get the detailed information regarding the GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
GATE 2019 will have 24 papers. Out of which the candidates are allowed to appear in only one paper of their preference. Every year more than 9 lakhs aspirants participate in GATE 2019. The scorecard of the GATE 2019 will be valid till 3 years after the declaration of Result. The candidates can check the tentative schedule of GATE 2019 from the table mentioned below.
|GATE 2019||Important Dates|
|The online application begins from||01 Sep 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||21 Sep 2018|
|Issuing of Admit Card||04 Jan 2019|
|GATE 2019 Exam date||2, 3, 9 and 10 Feb 2019|
GATE is a very important exam for the PG engineering aspirants. In order to take this exam, first of all, candidates must check whether they are eligible for this exam or not. Here, the GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria are listed below.
There is no such age limit in case of GATE. The candidate should be from engineering or science background and can take this test as long as they qualify by said year.
Qualifying degree for GATE 2019
|Qualifying degree||Currently in year / completed||Year of qualification not later than|
|B.E / B.Tech / B.Pharm||Final or completed||2019|
|B.Arch||Final or completed||2019|
|B.Sc (Research) / BS||4th or completed||2019|
|M.Sc / MA / MCA||Final or completed||2019|
|Integrated M.E / M.Tech (post BSc)||2nd / 3rd / 4th or completed||2021|
|Integrated M.E / M.Tech or Dual degree (after diploma or 10+2)||4th / 5th or completed||2020|
|Integrated M.Sc /Integrated BS-MS||Final or completed||2019|
|Professional society exam equivalent to B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch||Completed section A or equivalent of such a course||NA|
At the time of examination, conducting body will not check the eligibility of the candidate. At the time of admission if a candidate is ineligible then he/she will not get admission to any university.
Documents required for GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
There are some eligibility documents mentioned below that are necessary for the support of the eligibility of the candidate.
- If a candidate has already completed (in 2018 or earlier) any of the above-mentioned qualifying examinations, they required to submit the degree or provisional certificate of the same.
- In case aspirants are expecting to complete the on of the qualifying examination, they must submit the Certificate from the head of the Department/Institute.
Note: The aspirants will have to submit these eligible documents by uploading at the time of application process, not to be submitted via post.
Take care of the following things at the time of Application Process
- Firstly, read all the eligibilities carefully and then proceed to the application process.
- Scan the images of the documents required to fill in the application form.
- Fill in the details in the form that as per your Matriculation certificate.
- It is mandatory to fill in all the details in your application form.
- Pay the application fee by online mode only.
Documents required to fill in the Application Form
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned signature
- Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Caste certificate (Reserved categories)
- Medical certificate (PwD candidates)