GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering (C)– Candidates appearing in GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering must know exam pattern, syllabus, books for GATE Materials Science Engineering exam. Complete details regarding GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineeringis given here so that you can have all the required information in one place and simply focus on preparation.
The exam pattern and syllabus of Materials Science Engineering GATE exam are officially prescribed by the Indian Institutes of Technology. In order to study and gain practice, it is important to use the most recommended GATE 2019 Books for Materials Science Engineering (C). Check them all here. Best of luck for exam!
GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering Syllabus
Here is the complete syllabusof GATE Materials Science Engineering exam. Candidates should study all topics mentioned in it. Questions may come on any of these topics, in any weightage order.
Download GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering Syllabus from here.
GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering Books
Now that you know the syllabus, don’t you want to know where to study them from?
Well first of all, you should be thorough with the basics, which need to have happened primarily during your college time. Since you are attempting GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering, you must have a similar background (check GATE 2019 eligibility criteria). During your engineering graduation, you must have studied topics which will now help you in clearing GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering entrance exam.
However, some specific books are also there in the market. Their sole aim is to make you prepare for GATE Materials ScienceEngineering. Most recommended and popular books are given below.
|LINEAR ALGEBRA||Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S.Grewal|
|CALCULUS||Intermediate Mathematics by B.V. Sastry and K. Venkateswarlu (S.Chand publications).|
|DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS:||Advanced Engineering Mathematics – Grewal|
|NUMERICAL METHODS||Introductory methods of numerical analysis by SS Sastry|
|FLIGHT MECHANICS||Basic Flight Mechanics by Ashish Tiwari|
|AIRPLANE PERFORMANCE||Aircraft performance and Design by John D.Anderson|
|STATIC STABILITY||Introduction to Aircraft Stability and Control By David A. Caughey –Download PDF by Cornell University|
|DYNAMIC STABILITY||Introduction to Aircraft Stability and Control By David A. Caughey|
|SPACE DYNAMICS||Rocket Propulsion and space Dynamics by J. W. Cornelisse, H. F. R. Schöyer, K. F. Wakker.|
|AERODYNAMICS||Aerodynamics for Engineering Student|
|Basic Materials Science||Introduction to flight by Anderson.|
|AIRFOILS AND WINGS||Introduction to flight by Anderson.|
|VISCOUS FLOWS||Viscous flow by F M white|
|COMPRESSIBLE FLOWS||Modern Compressible flow by Anderson.|
|WIND TUNNEL TESTING||Tunnel Fire Testing and Modelling|
Structures by J.E.Gordan
|STRESS AND STRAIN||Analysis of Aircraft Structures: An Introduction By Donaldson|
|FLIGHT VEHICLE STRUCTURES||Aircraft structures for engineering students – T.H.G. Megson.|
|STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS||Theory of vibration By Meirovitch.|
|PROPULSION||Aircraft Propulsion by Saeed Farokhi.|
|AEROTHERMODYNAMICS OF NON ROTATING PROPULSION COMPONENTS||Mechanics and Thermodynamics of Propulsion -Hill and Peterson.|
GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering Exam Pattern
If you are well versed with the theory and have practice of MCQs, then you are ready to face any postgraduate engineering entrance exam. However, knowing the GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering Entrance Exam Pattern will make better prepared to face the paper. Also, if you practice mock tests on same lines, you will have really good accuracy and time management during exam. So therefore, the complete GATE Materials Science Engineering Exam Pattern is given here for you.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to select (mark) the correct answer.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. For these questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered by the candidate using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor (keyboard of the computer will be disabled). No choices will be shown for these type of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 or -10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals) or -10.001 (three decimals). These questions will be mentioned with, up to which decimal places, the candidates need to make an answer. Also, an appropriate range will be considered while evaluating the numerical answer type questions so that the candidate is not penalized due to the usual round-off errors. Wherever required and possible, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places.
Negative Marking for Wrong Answers:
- For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in NAT questions.
Tips To Prepare For GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering
Whether you are appearing in GATE 2019 for the purpose of studying M.Tech or PhD, or to get recruitment in PSU, you need a good score. That’s your aim. Right?
And to get a good score, you need to be really prepped up.
There is only one formula for success in GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering, which is
- Be informed of all details – exam pattern, syllabus, books.
- Study hard from day 1.
- Practice a ton of MCQs.
- Do. Not. Give. Up.
Sounds simple, is difficult. But I am sure you will do it. ????
Best of luck for GATE 2019 Materials Science Engineering.