GATE 2019 Response Sheet – Candidates can check their responses in the GATE 2019 Exam. GATE 2019 Response Sheet is now available for the exams. The GATE 2019 Response Sheet is in a downloadable format. One can log in into GOAPS and download their response sheet and know their exact responses in the exam. The response sheet has the questions asked in the exam and the response selected or given by the candidate to all the questions. To know how to check the GATE 2019 Response Sheet, how to download it and its importance, keep reading below.
GATE 2019 Response Sheet
The GATE 2019 Response Sheet allows you to know what answers you have marked, thereafter when IIT Madras will release the answer keys, one can use their response sheet and the answer key to cross-check the answers and get an estimated raw score in the GATE 2019 exam.
|GATE 2019 Answer Key||Dates|
|Release Of Response Sheets For exam held on Feb 02 & 03, 2019||07 Feb 2019|
|Release of GATE 2019 Official Answer Key||19 Feb 2019|
|Challenging the answer key||3rd week of Feb 2019|
Response Sheet: Click Here to get your GATE 2019 response sheet.
Sample Of GATE 2019 Response Sheet
Below is the sample of GATE 2019 Response Sheet of Mechanical Engineering (ME). Candidates have to log in to get their own response sheet. the below document is for reference only.
Important Documents To Keep Ready To Check the GATE 2019 Response Sheet
To be able to check the GATE 2019 Response Sheet the candidates need to have the following information ready:
- Enrollment ID / Email Address
Using these details the candidates can easily check their GATE 2019 Responses. If you have forgotten your enrollment Id or password, you can retrieve it too by clicking the “Forgot enrollment ID or password” button as shown below:
How To Download The GATE 2019 Response Sheet
Candidates can download the GATE 2019 Response Sheet easily using the steps below:
- Click on the direct link on this page above as the response sheets release.
- Next, the login window will open, therein the candidates will need to enter their login details.
- Enter the GATE 2019 enrollment ID/email ID and password.
- On the next window, the button will appear to check the response sheet as shown below:
- On clicking the response sheet will appear on the screen. Check the same.
- You can download the response sheet using the print button as shown below:
- Check your responses or better download the same for future uses.
Uses Of GATE 2019 Response Sheet
The GATE 2019 Response sheet has one very important use. We all know it is a sheet with your recorded responses in the GATE 2019 online examination. Thus it contains the responses that you have marked in the exam.
When IIT Madras releases the GATE 2019 Answer Key that contains all the correct answers to the questions asked in the GATE 2019 Exam, one can use their GATE Response Sheet to crosscheck from the Answer key that how many answers are correct and how many are wrong and thus get an estimated score.
Using The GATE 2019 Response Sheet To Calculate Estimated Marks
After the release of the answer keys, the candidates can get their estimated scores in the exam. Here is how. Check the instructions below:
- Open the downloaded response sheet.
- Open the answer key to your subject paper.
- Now crosscheck how many answers are correct in your response sheet using the answer key.
- Also, note down the number of wrong answers.
- Now count the number of wrong and correct answers.
- As per the marking scheme of your subject paper calculate your estimated score of the GATE exam.
Marking Scheme To Calculate GATE 2019 Marks:
There are 2 types of questions in GATE 2019 – NAT and MCQs. Now, also there are questions that carry 2 marks and 1 marks. Below is how you need to calculate your marks:
- To calculate the marks in MCQs = Add 1 or 2 marks for correct answers and for wrong answers deduct -1/3 for 1 marks questions or -2/3 for the 2 marks questions.
- To calculate marks in NATs = Add 1 or 2 marks for correct answers and for wrong answers deduct 0 marks. (There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in NAT questions.)
Thus the candidates must be well aware of the marking scheme that has been used in their subject to calculate the score.
GATE 2019 Answer Key
The GATE 2019 Answer Key will have the correct answers to all the questions asked in the GATE 2019 Exam. The GATE Answer Keys are available for all the 24 subjects. Candidates need to download the answer key of their respective subject paper and start calculating the marks as per the method described above.
- GATE 2019 Unofficial Answer Key: The unofficial answer keys are those that are released by the coaching centers right after the exam is over. The centers like GATEForum, GATE Academy, Made Easy etc, release the GATE 2019 Answer Key. These are the memory based answer keys and can be used as the temporary source until the official answer keys are released.
- GATE 2019 Official Answer Key: IIT Madras releases, the GATE 2019 Answer Keys over the website officially. These are the keys that are the official source of checking the answers for the GATE exam. The candidates can download these answer keys and know their estimated scores.
In addition to that, if a candidate finds any answer to be incorrect, they can challenge the answer key by paying a certain amount. If the challenges are accepted the final answer key is released.
GATE 2019 Result
Based on the GATE 2019 Final Answer Key, the result of GATE 2019 is declared. The GATE result has the normalised scores for the multi-session papers and raw scores for the single session papers. However, later the GATE scorecard is released where the GATE score is made available. The scorecard is in downloadable format. The scorecard is to be used to while taking admission at the IITs. The GATE score forms the basis of admission.
Candidates must note that the GATE 2019 normalised marks in the result and the GATE score in the Scorecard are calculated using different formulas and are not the same: Know how the GATE scorecard and GATE result is computed