GATE 2019 Syllabus for AR – Architecture and Planning is an essential part of GATE 2019. The candidates can check the syllabus for Architecture and Planning (AR) on the official website www.gate.iitg.ac.in. GATE 2019 Architecture and Planning (AR) Syllabus will help the candidates to prepare good and score well in GATE 2019. GATE 2019 will be held in the month of Feb 2019. So you will have enough time to do a better preparation. To crack the exam, hard work will be required. So start your preparation according to the syllabus. First, cover all the syllabus of GATE 2019 and then go for the advanced topics. GATE 2019 Architecture and Planning (AR) Syllabus has contained all the important topics that the candidate should prepare. For more details regarding GATE 2019 Architecture and Planning (AR) Syllabus, you can go through the entire page.
GATE 2019 Syllabus For AR
GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technologies. These seven institutes are at Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai (Madras) and Bombay. GATE is a computer-based exam. There will be two types of questions, Multiple Choice Questions, and Numerical answer type questions. So to secure good score, you must follow the GATE 2019 Syllabus For AR for the preparation.
- Click Here to check GATE 2019 Architecture and Planning (AR) Syllabus.
How to Prepare for GATE 2019
Last year approximate 9,22,167 Candidates applied for GATE. Among them, 85% candidates ( almost 7,87,148) appeared for the exam. In which the qualifying candidates were only 16% of the candidates appeared ie. approx 1,29,149. So it is obvious that GATE 2019 is a very tough exam to crack. So it is very important for the candidates that they should start preparing for the exam. The general instructions for the candidates regarding the preparation are given below.
- You should make a plan or strategy to do the preparation because the syllabus for GATE is very vast.
- Try to follow the given syllabus and do the preparation accordingly.
- Give the mock tests as many as you can. It will improve your understanding of the exam pattern and the questions being asked.
- Solve the previous year’s question papers.
- Be focused and do not be distracted.
- Try to learn from those books which are highly recommended.
Apart from these common points here are some important factors which should be considered. GATE 2019 will be held in the month of February 2019. So you have a lot of time to prepare. You are advised to start the preparation from now but in case you will have less time and you want to score well in GATE, you can follow the points given below.
Study Plan for October: In case you will start the preparation from October month then the schedule for preparation should be as:
- Start with the topics that you think have more weightage and are tough according to you.
- Get any “GATE Architecture and Planning – Question Bank” available online and practice the questions that can be asked.
- Go through just 1 last year’s question paper in one day. Make sure that you learn and practice all the questions in that question paper.
- At the time of solving the last year’s question paper, you will get to know the repetitive questions that had been asked. Try to note down those questions for the revision.
Study Plan for November: In the month of November, you should do:
- Learn the basic formulas and solve the questions accordingly.
- Do the revision of all the not down questions.
- Prepare the important untouched topics.
Study Plan for December: For this month you should do:
- Concentrate on Structures subject an spend half a day to solve those questions.
- Rest of the half day, cover the general architecture topics you might miss.
Study Plan for January: As you know, this will be the last month to do the preparation, do only revision in this month. Do not try to learn any new topic. Just revise the already learned topics.
Recommended Books for GATE 2019 Architecture and Planning (AR)
You can check the most popular books for GATE 2019 from the table below. You are advised that start your preparation from the best book.
|Book Name||Author||Buy Here|
|Building Construction 20th Edition||Sushil Kumar||Buy Now|
|Sir Banister Fletcher’s: History of Architecture||Fletcher||Buy Now|
|The Great Ages Of World Architecture 20th Edition 22nd Edition||G. K. Hirasakar||Buy Now|
|Urban Transport: Planning And Management||Buy Now|
|Environmental Studies: From Crisis to Cure||R. Rajagopalan||Buy Now|
GATE 2019 Syllabus For Other Subjects
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Physics||PH|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
FAQs Related to GATE 2019
The candidates can also check the frequently asked questions regarding GATE 2019 from below.
- I had passed my B.Tech successfully. I am pursuing M.Tech, can I apply for GATE 2019?
Ans. Yes, you can surely apply for GATE 2019 but you will have to upload your degree certificate while filling the application form.
2. I have completed my B.Tech with 50%. Am I eligible for GATE 2019?
Ans. There is no any specific percentage criteria for GATE 2019. During M.Tech admissions at some IIT’s the percentage, marks can be 60% but some IITs don’t ask for the percentage.
3. How many times can I appear for GATE? What is the age limit?
Ans. There is no specific number of attempts and there is no age limit also. So you can apply for GATE as many times as you can.
4. What should I carry with the Admit Card?
Ans. You will have to carry a photo identity proof along with the admit card at the time of appearing for the exam.
5. I am a Postgraduate. Can I appear for GATE 2019? What are the documents I need to upload while applying?
Ans. In this case, you will need to upload the documents related to relevant qualifying degree while filling the application form.