Are you seeking GATE 2019 Syllabus for ME – Mechanical Engineering? So, to start preparing for an entrance exam take a look at our page. It is a mandatory requirement for the admissions in Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science. It is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, and Roorkee). It may be a computer-based test conducted across India, in the month of February. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss the GATE 2019 syllabus of Mechanical in the examination.
GATE 2019 Syllabus for ME – Mechanical Engineering
GATE is basically an entrance examination for admission in Postgraduate engineering and technology. Candidates planning to get a job in Public Sector Undertaking also appear for the exam. In total, there are 23 papers in GATE and Mechanical in one of the most sought.
- Click here to check the GATE ME Syllabus and prepare well for the exam.
How To Prepare for GATE 2019 ME
In order to prepare well for an examination you can take the help of the following tips:
Know About the Examination Pattern:
- GATE exam is an online examination and the duration of it is 3 hours. There may be total 65 questions consists of total 100 marks.
- In the question paper, you will see the two types of questions: (i) Multiple Choice Questions. (ii) Numerical Answer Type.
- MCQ: MCQ type questions Carrying 1 or 2 marks each and there will be negative marking also deducted 2/3 marks against any wrong answer.
- NAT: This type questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each and there will be no negative marking.
Know the Weightage and Syllabus of each section:
- As there are many topics covered under the mechanical subject, it is important to know about all the topics that may cover maximum marks.
- According to syllabus work on your weaker sections and plan your own strategy.
- Get the idea of weight of each section from the previous year question papers.
Books and Materials for GATE ME Preparation
- For Preparation, you can take reference from the books you have studied in your graduation.
- At the initial stage of preparation selection of books is very important. So, work on it very carefully.
- One or two books are sufficient to practice the concepts for each section.
Revise GATE Syllabus
- Working on your concepts is not so enough, you also need to revise all the things you have done in the previous months.
- Give at least 1 month to your revision before your examination.
- Start revise those topics you find difficulty while solving questions.
How to make a strategy for GATE ME
- Make your schedule according to your convenience.
- 4- 8 months preparation will be fruitful to you.
- Try to give equal preparation to all the sections.
- Your schedule must include the practice tests and questions from the previous year question paper.
Practice Mock Tests
- As you know GATE exam may be a computer-based test. So, practice questions with pen and paper are not so efficient.
- You need to work on your accuracy and speed.
- At the same time make yourself adaptable to the test pattern.
- Analyse your result and work over your mistakes.
Important Books for GATE ME
As you have already studied this subject during your graduation period. So, first begin with that very books and work on your concepts well. If you are still interested in knowing the books names then you can refer to the following list:
|Maths||B.S Grewal||Buy Here|
|Theory of Machines||S S Ratan||Buy Here|
|Machine Design||V B Bhandari||Buy Here|
|Thermal Engg / Thermodynamics||PK Nag||Buy Here|
|Fluid Mechanics||Som & Biswas||Buy Here|
|Operations Research||PK Gupta||Buy Here|
GATE 2019 syllabus For Other Subjects
|GATE Paper||Code/syllabus||GATE Paper||Code/syllabus|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mathematics||MA|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL|
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the most common frequently asked questions regarding the exam have been discussed below.
- What is the difficulty level of GATE ME examination?
Ans. In all the level of difficulty is moderate. The aptitude section is quite easy although the technical section contains questions of some standard.
- What are the benefits of appearing for GATE?
Ans. By qualifying GATE you are eligible for taking admissions in the Master’s programme as well as Doctoral’s Programme.
- For how many years GATE score is valid?
Ans. Your GATE score will valid for the next 3 years.
- What is the minimum rank required for GATE?
Ans. For appearing for the examination you will be required at least 60+ marks.
- What is the criteria of different IITs to select the students for an M.Tech after the gate?
Ans. You should have the minimum marks to eligible for the selection process depending to which department you are applying and in which IIT.