Candidates who will be appearing for GCET 2018, must have with them the GCET 2018 Syllabus and important books. The study materials are the basic needs while preparing for any examination and hence it is necessary that you know what to study and from where to study. The Goa CET 2018 Syllabus for engineering will be based on the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education for class 12th (Science) examination for the current year in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. On this page, get the important books, important chapters, preparation tips and the GCET 2018 Syllabus PDF.
GCET 2018 Syllabus
Below is the list of topics subject wise that one must cover for GCEt 2018. These are the topics from which the questions will be asked in Goa CET 2018 Examination. Make sure you have covered all these chapters to qualify GCET 2018 with flying colours.
|GCET 2018 Syllabus for Physics|
|Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current|
|Atoms and Nuclei|
|GCET 2018 Syllabus for Chemistry|
|General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|d and f – Block elements|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|GCET 2018 Syllabus for Mathematics|
|Relations and Functions|
|Vector and 3D Geometry|
View the detailed syllabus here:
You must stick to the syllabus mentioned above. The topics, if covered entirely, are enough to help you crack the Goa CET 2018. Make sure you prepare from the best books for CET and mark the important chapters for preparation. The GCET 2018 Exam will be held on April 08 and April 09, 2018. Thus with only a few days left, make sure you are ready to work hard and also work smart.
GCET 2018 Important Books
Before you dive into the preparation part, know what are the important books that will help you prepare for GCET 2018. These books are appropriate for preparation of GCET 2018 and will help solve all those tricky questions that are asked in the examination.
|Mathematics for Class 12 (Set of 2 Volume)||R D Sharma||Buy Here|
|Concepts of Physics||H C Verma||Buy Here|
|Advanced Problems in Organic Chemistry||M S Chouhan||Buy Here|
|A Textbook of Inorganic Chemistry for JEE||O P Tandon||Buy Here|
It is advised to stick to the Text Books prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Education. But get into the habit of solving tricky questions and practise a variety of problems, you can refer to the above-mentioned books.
GCET 2018 Important Chapters
Below are some of the important chapters that candidates must not avoid under any circumstances. These are the do or die chapters for GCET 2018 preparations.
Important Chapters for Physics
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Current Electricity
- Heat and Thermodynamics
Important Chapters for Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- d and f block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Important Chapters for Mathematics
- Vector and 3D Geometry
- Matrices and Determinants
GCET 2018 Exam Pattern
Know the Goa CET 2018 Exam Pattern to get familiar with the examination schedule and marks distribution so that you plan out a proper plan of preparation for GCET 2018.
Number of Papers: 3 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
Duration of Each Paper: 2 Hours
Marking Scheme: +1 for the correct answer, no negative marking
Type of Question: MCQ
Mode of Examination: Offline (Pen and Paper based)
How to Prepare for GCET 2018
Now since we have all the study materials and the syllabus with us it now time to use them by figuring out a proper plan of preparation. Counting the number of days left, we have almost 20 days in hand. Thus we will need a plan that will help us get through the last minute preparations. Here is what we need to do:
- Work Smart: You can never ignore hard work. But at this point, we need to work smart. Thus get your hands on some previous year question papers, important topics and important books as mentioned above. Concentrate on them only. These are the topics that contain maximum wieghtage in the Goa CET 2018. Make sure you complete al;l these chapters and questions from those topics.
- Practice: Gather all the sample papers and previous year question paper and practice them on a daily basis. This will help improve the speed and accuracy of solving the questions and get you into the habit of the examination pattern.
- Know your strength: Find out which are your strong chapters and. Rather than wasting time on the weaknesses, concentrate on the strength. Make sure you know each and every question from these chapters and they will help you score well in the examination.
- Take Mock Tests: Prepare yourself as per the examination pattern of GCET 2018. Create your own mock tests with the help of the sample papers and the previous year’s question papers. You will become comfortable with the exam pattern and this will help you in the examination.