GCET 2019 – The Application form of Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) 2019 has been announced. GCET 2019 will be held on May 07-08, 2019 in offline mode. On the first day of the exam, candidates have to appear in Physics and Chemistry paper and on the second day for Mathematics paper. Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa is the conducting body. All the aspirants who will pass this entrance test will be able to get admission in various Government, Government-aided and un-aided colleges in Goa offering B.E. courses. You will get here all the information regarding GCET 2019.
Candidates are advised to read the information brochure carefully before filling the application form. Any mistakes in filling the form will lead to the rejection of the forms. Also, the candidates should fill the form on or before the last date so that the form can be processed smoothly. The schedule of important dates regarding GCET 2019 is as follows:
|Start of receiving of application forms for GCET-19 at Application Reception Centre||25 Mar 2019|
|Last date for receiving forms for GCET-19 at Application Reception Centre & Collecting Admit Cards||30 Mar 2019|
|Last date for receiving of GCET-2019 at DTE and collecting Admit Cards (with late fees)||26 Apr 2019|
|Dates of GCET-19||07 & 08 May 2019|
|Result of GCET-19 (Expected)||15 May 2019|
|Start of receiving of application forms for Admission (FORM A/B/C) at notified location||17 May 2019|
|Last date for receiving forms for Admission (FORM A/B/C) at the notified location||24 May 2019|
|Display of Eligibility List for GCET based courses at Admission Centre||06 Jun 2019|
|Last date for compliance with deficiencies in GCET based eligibility list||10 Jun 2019|
|Display of Provisional Merit List of GCET based courses at Admission Centre||12 Jun 2019|
|Display of Final Merit List of GCET based courses at Admission Centre||14 Jun 2019|
|First Round of Admission to ENGG.,PHARM courses||17 to 21 Jun 2019|
|Second Round of Admission to ENGG., PHARM courses||15 to 17 Jul 2019|
|Third Round of Admission to ENGG., PHARM courses||08 to 13 Aug 2019|
GCET 2019 Application Form
GCET 2019 Application Form is available from Mar 25, 2019. All the interested candidates are advised that they should first read the information brochure, verify their eligibility criteria and then apply for GCET 2019 on or before the last date. The application form is available in offline mode. Either it can be downloaded from the official website or can be obtained from the application reception center. Also, you can get it through the prospectus. The details should be entered in the form very carefully. This Form should be accompanied by Demand draft for Rs. 2000/- payable at Panaji, in favor of “Director of Technical Education” drawn on any Scheduled Bank.
Below is the list of various courses offered on clearing GCET 2019.
GCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
to appear for GCET 2019, candidates need to follow certain norms related to eligibility. Thus, read the below points to know the GCET 2019 eligibility criteria:
- All Indian Nationals can apply for GCET 2019.
- NRI candidates holding Indian Passport can also apply.
- Also, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are also considered eligible to apply.
- There is no Age limit for admissions in Engineering courses.
- An applicant must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Goa Board or an examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or any other examination, which in scope and standard, is deemed to be equivalent to the H.S.S.C. examination of Goa Board.
Minimum Marks in Qualifying Examination:
- The minimum marks required in the qualifying examination to take admission in the B.E. courses is minimum 45% and for SC/ST candidates is minimum 40%.
- The minimum marks required must be the aggregate marks of Physics, Mathematics and anyone from Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology.
GCET 2019 Exam Pattern
The GCET 2019 Exam Pattern is as follows:
- There will be 3 papers (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- 2 Hours is the duration of each paper.
- MCQ type questions will be asked.
- +1 mark will be awarded to the candidates for the correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The mode of the examination will be Offline.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
GCET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for GCET 2019 is as follows:
|Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current|
|Atoms and Nuclei|
|General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|d and f – Block elements|
|Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Relations and Functions|
|Vector and 3D Geometry|
GCET 2019 Preparation
Candidates aspiring for GCET 2019 should start their preparation and the first step towards their preparation should be to make themselves aware about the complete exam pattern and syllabus of the entrance test. Then make a proper time table which you can follow daily. Devote the time according to your needs. Give more time to tough topics. Make notes so that you can revise easily. Solve the sample papers and previous years papers to get the idea of the questions which are most likely to come. Give mock test and stay focussed.
GCET 2019 Admit Card
All the candidates who will successfully fill the application form for GCET 2019 will be able to obtain their hall tickets from the application reception center. Candidates should note that the admit card will not be available in online mode for downloading. It is mandatory to bring the admit card on the exam day at the test center for the purpose of verifying the candidate. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the entrance test if he/she doesn’t have a valid admit card.
GCET 2019 Result
The GCET 2019 Result will be available on the official website and on the notice board at DTE. No individual scorecard will be sent to the candidates. The Candidates will have to check their results online or in the notice board only. The Rank List will also be prepared and it will also be available on the official website on the specified date and it will also be there on the notice board. According to this list, the candidates will have to attend the counselling. All the candidates who will be called for the counseling process will have to bring the “Form-A” on the admission day (counseling day) along with all the required attached self-attested xerox copies. The documents whose xerox copies have to be attached are as follows:
- Photograph on the form
- Statement of marks/Certificate/provisional certificate of passing HSSC
- Certificate in support of residence
- Documents for relaxation in the period of residence, if any
- Certificate for reserved category claimed
- Certificate of date of birth
- School/college leaving certificate
- Eligibility Certificate from Goa University (for applicants other than Goa Board)
- Income Certificate (for fee concession)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Acknowledgment card with photograph
- Candidate Copy of GCET Admit Card
GCET 2019 Seat Intake
The duration of the below courses is of 4 years and the seat intake for each course is given below:
GCET 2019 Participating Colleges
The colleges which are participating in the admission process through GCTE 2019 are as follows:
- Goa Medical College
- Goa College of Engineering
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engg. and Info Tech.
- Agnel Institute of Technology and Design
- P.E. S. Rajaram and Tarabai Badekar College of Pharmacy
- Shri Kamaxidevi Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital
- Institute of Nursing Education
- Goa Dental College and Hospital
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
- Don Bosco College of Engineering
- Goa College of Pharmacy
- Goa College of Architecture
- Gomantakl Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya and Research Centre
- Vrundavan Institute of Nursing Education, Colvale
Official Website: www.dte.goa.gov.in
For more information download here the GCET 2019 Information Bulletin.