Gujarat PGCET 2019 Result – The Admission Committee of Technical Courses of Gujarat in the form of PGCET 2019 Result directly first releases a rank and then releases the merit lists for various ME/M. Tech engineering courses in various Government, Grant-In-Aid and Self Financed colleges in the State of Gujarat. Candidates will only be able to view Gujarat PGCET 2019 Result after having submitted his/her application forms. A separate merit list will be released for candidates applying through GPAT/GATE marks and candidates applying through Gujarat PGCET 2019 merit marks. Note that, the University will give the first preference to the GPAT/GATE qualified candidates. The Gujarat PGCET 2019 authorities prepare this merit lists on the basis of marks secured in the offline entrance test conducted. Curious to know the further admission rounds and its details? Keep Reading!
Gujarat PGCET 2019 Result
In the Gujarat PGCET 2019 Result or merit list, ACPC mentions the colleges where the GATE qualified candidates will be taken and where Non- GATE qualified candidates will be considered for admissions. Other details like the category, qualifying rank set by the college, course, board, etc. will also be mentioned on it. And if the rank set by some college matches to the individual rank of a candidate, he/she will be considered eligible. But for everything to fall in the correct place, we must keep pace with events and the dates relating to the Gujarat PGCET 2019 Result. Check the date from the table mentioned below.
|Gujarat PGCET 2019 Result||Important Dates|
|Merit List Declaration Date||Important Dates|
|Exam Date||2nd week of Jul 2019|
View: Every selected candidate will be able to check the Gujarat PGCET 2019 Merit lists from here.
How is the Gujarat PGCET 2019 Merit List Prepared?
As said earlier, the ACPC prepares and publishes two different merit lists for the candidates who have filled and submitted their application forms on time.
- The first type of merit list will include the selected candidates who had applied through their GATE/GPAT score.
- The second type of merit list will be prepared for those candidates who had applied with their CET (Common Entrance Test) marks.
- The third type of merit list will be prepared for the candidates applying through the reserved category policy.
What happens when two persons end up getting the same marks?
At times it happens that, two candidates end up getting the same merit score or marks. In such a situation two other criteria will be taken into consideration in this sequence:
- Percentage of marks secured by a candidate at his/her qualifying examination.
- Date of Birth ( An elder candidate will be given the primary preference when such a circumstance arises.
Seat Reservation Policy Under Gujarat PGCET 2019
ACPC reserves some seats for the candidates originally belonging to the State of Gujarat and for candidates belonging to the some of the below-mentioned categories for the purpose of admission. Under all these categories, candidates will be required to provide a proof which needs to be duly signed, issued and authenticated by the Government of Gujarat, for seeking admissions. If unable to submit the same, the candidature of the applicant will be canceled on these grounds.
- Scheduled Castes: 7%
- Scheduled Tribes: 15%
- Socially and Educationally Backward: 27%
- For Physically Disabled Candidates, 5% of all the seats under each and every category will be reserved.
- For Defence and Ex-Servicemen personnel, 1% of the seat will be reserved.
- The rest of the seats available are to be treated as unreserved ones. And these will further be divided into the following:
- Government Seats – 95% of the seats will be reserved for those candidates who have passed his/her schooling or graduation from a Government school or college, situated in the state of Gujarat. And 5% of the seats will be reserved for those candidates who have done his/her diploma from any government colleges in Gujarat.
- Management Seats – 25% of the seats are reserved for the candidates who fall under this category.
- Supernumerary Seats – Some seats will be filled under the provisions specified by the MHRD, Government of India.
Once the merit lists are published on the official website, the Admission Committee of ACPC further invites selected candidates for an online counseling round. The official notification regarding this round will be available online and also will be printed as an advertisement in some of the popular newspapers. For this round, candidates will be necessarily required to furnish a copy of the information letter and bank fee receipt copy from their application portal.
The Admission Committee of PGCET will allot the seats on the basis of the merit and only after the document verification has been done. In case of any vacancy, another bunch of candidates will be called for the second round of counseling. If a candidate clears this round, he/she will be requested to pay off the admission fee of the college or institute assigned to him or her. All candidates must make sure that after submitting the fee, he or she collects the fee receipt from the college/ institutes Bank.
Documents Needed For Counseling Round
A list of original as well as a copy of each of these documents will be required for the counseling round for the document verification purposes, and those are:
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Diploma In Engineering Exam
- Marksheet of the Qualifying Exam
- Degree Certificate
- GATE or GPAT Score
- Transfer or Scool Leaving Certificate
- Caste Certificate( if applicable)
- Disability Certificate( if applicable)
- Category Certificate( if applicable)
- Sponsorship Letter( if applicable)