Candidates who are aspiring for KCET 2019 should start their exam preparation as soon as possible. The results are always the consequences of good preparation and planned learning process. KEA will conduct KCET entrance test for all the candidates who are eligible and interested in the 3rd week of Apr 2019 most probably. One question must be striking all the aspirant’s minds that How to Prepare for KCET 2019? You can get this answer by reading the article.
Preparation for KCET 2019
Smart work is also important along with hard work to yield good results. You should be aware of all the small and big tricks and tips to crack the competitive exams. You should know the pattern of previous years questions, the weightage of marks, the marking schemes, etc. to execute proper preparation before the exam. Students applying for B.E./B.Tech will have to appear for PCM subjects and for those candidates who will apply for B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Techno), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), they have to appear for PCMB subjects. Some important topics related to the subjects mentioned are as follows:
- Mathematics will be easy, provided you achieve a good command of calculus and differentiation.
- In Chemistry, give more importance to thermodynamics, p block elements, hydrocarbons, equilibrium.
- Important topics for Biology are human and plant physiology, morphology, and anatomy of plants, animal and plant classification.
- Physics can be enhanced by giving more stress to force, oscillations, waves, work, rotational motion, gravitation.
Exam Pattern of KCET 2019
The aspirants who will apply for KCET 2019 must be aware of the exam pattern to yield better results. The pattern of the examination is listed below:
- All the four subjects (PCMB) will be conducted for 60 marks each.
- For each correct answer, 1 Mark will be awarded.
- The duration of the test will be 80 mins.
- Four choices for each question will be there.
- No negative marking is applicable.
Best Tips for Cracking KCET 2019
The following tips will surely help you to gain very good marks in the entrance test KCET 2019. Following a strategy, syllabus and schedule is the foremost step towards all the entrance exams. Some more basic tips are as follows:
- All the formula should be at your fingertips. Start making notes of each and every formula that you come across so that at the time of revision, you have a good collection of information and consequently, your time will also be saved.
- NCERT/PUC textbook is very important and they more than enough to clear KCET. Read each and every line of this book properly. No need to deviate into multiple books.
- Start appearing for more and more practice papers and mock tests. These sessions are very important for self-evaluation. You will get to know that where you are actually standing and how much more you have to do.
- Make your basics and concepts clear for targetting tougher and bigger problems.
- During the exam, focus on the questions which are more easier for you rather than wasting the time for the uncleared topics of yours.
- Make a proper timetable, give time to all the subjects according to your own level and stick to it till the last day of preparation to yield maximum output.
Syllabus for KCET 2019
The syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology for PUC I & II are listed below:
|I PUC||II PUC|
|Sets and functions||Relations and functions|
|Calculus||Vectors and 3-D geometry|
|Mathematical reasoning||Linear programming|
|Statistics and probability||Probability|
|I PUC||II PUC|
|Some basic concepts of chemistry||Solid state|
|Structure of atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter- Gases and Liquids||Surface chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Redox reactions||d and f block elements|
|s-block elements||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-block elements||Alcohols, Phenols, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic acids and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry – Some basic principles & Techniques||Biomolecules and polymers|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Environmental chemistry||Chemistry in everyday life|
|I PUC||II PUC|
|Physical world||Electric charges and fields|
|Units and Measurement||Electrostatic potential and capacitance|
|Motion in a straight line||Current electricity|
|Motion in a plane||Moving charges and magnetism|
|Laws of motion||Magnetism and matter|
|Work, energy, and power||Electromagnetic induction|
|System of particles and rotational motion||Alternating current|
|Mechanical properties of solids||Ray optics and optical instruments|
|Mechanical properties of fluids||Wave optics|
|Thermal properties of matter||Dual nature of radiation and matter|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and nuclei|
|Kinetic theory||Semiconductor electronics|
|Oscillations and waves||Communication systems|
|I PUC||II PUC|
|Diversity in the living world||Reproduction|
|Cell structure and function||Genetics and evolution|
|Plant physiology||Biology in human welfare|
|Human physiology||Biotechnology and ecology|
Best Books to Prepare for KCET 2019
To study and learn from the best book also plays a major role in determining the results of the competitive examinations.
Follow ncert and puc textbooks!!
Some of the best and recommended books for KCET 2019 preparation are listed below:
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Buying Link|
|A Textbook of Mathematics for I PUC||Dr. P G Umarani||Buy Here|
|A Textbook of Chemistry for I PUC||Prof Somashekara Prasad||Buy Here|
|A Textbook of Physics for I year PUC||A S Govind||Buy Here|
|A Textbook of Biology for I PUC||Dr. T A Balakrishna||Buy Here|
|K–CET Engineering Entrance Exam Solved Papers||Editorial Compilation||Buy Here|
|K-CET CHAPTERWISE PREVIOUS QUESTIONS WITH SOLUTIONS||Annapurna Experts||Buy Here|
Official Website: kea.kar.nic.in