Preparation in a planned way is very important to crack the competitive exams. Students who are aspiring for KEAM 2019 should start their preparations as early as possible to get maximum marks in the entrance test. KEAM 2019 exam will be conducted most probably in the last week of April 2019. Depending on the level of preparation, students will achieve the ranks in the entrance test. All the candidates who are wishing for KEAM 2019 must be wanting to know How to Prepare for KEAM 2019 Engineering. The answer is given in this article. Candidates can read the article by scrolling down the page.
KEAM 2019 Preparation
Preparation is not a one-day process. It needs to be done on a regular basis with full dedication and devotion to achieve something different from others. To crack the competitive exams, you need to know all the important topics of the syllabus, the questions that are most likely to come this year, best books that are recommended and many more things. Some important tips for getting good marks in KEAM 2019 are as follows:
- Make a proper plan and schedule and then start your learning process and try to maintain this schedule till the last day of preparation.
- Try to make notes of each and every formula that you come across to save your time during revision.
- Solve as many practice sets and sample papers as possible. Give mock test to know your level of preparation so that you can change the direction of your learning process accordingly.
- Study from the recommended and best books to avoid errors.
Exam Pattern for KEAM 2019
KEAM 2019 exam pattern is as follows:
- The relative weightage of subjects will be 5:3:2 in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry respectively.
- 2 papers will be conducted namely paper I for Physics and Chemistry and paper II for Maths.
- The candidate has to appear in both papers for being considered in the Engineering rank list.
- The question paper will be based on MCQ type questions where 5 options will be available for each question. You have to mark a single response.
- Both the papers will contain 120 questions which are to be answered in 150 minutes.
- 4 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- For each wrong response, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- The standard KEAM 2019 will be that of Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations.
Syllabus for KEAM 2019
Maths, Physics, and Chemistry syllabus for KEAM 2019 is mentioned below:
|Algebra||Introduction and measurement||Basic concepts and atomic structure|
|Trigonometry||Description of motion in one dimension||Bonding and molecular structure|
|Geometry||Description of motion in two & three dimension||States of matter|
|Statistics||Laws of motion||Periodic properties of elements and hydrogen|
|Calculus||Work, energy, and power||s-block elements and principles of metallurgy|
|–||Motion of system of particles & rigid body rotation||p, d, f block elements|
|–||Mechanics of solids and fluids||Chemical equilibrium|
|–||Heat and thermodynamics||Solutions|
|–||Oscillations and waves||Redox reactions and electrochemistry|
|–||Current electricity||Surface chemistry|
|–||Magnetic effect of current and magnetism||Co-ordination compounds and organometallics|
|–||Electromagnetics induction and alternating current||Basic principles, purification and characterization of organic compounds|
|–||Optics||Organic reaction mechanism|
|–||Dual nature of matter and radiation||Stereochemistry|
|–||Atomic nucleus||Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens, oxygen, and nitrogen|
|–||Solids and semiconductor devices||Polymers and biomolecules|
|–||Principles of communication||Environmental chemistry & chemistry in everyday life|
Best Books for KEAM 2019 Preparation
Here is a list of some important and recommended books for KEAM 2019 preparation. Candidates are advised to seek help and guidance from these books to get more good results and outcomes.
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author||Buying Link|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics for Engineering Entrances||BL Sharma||Buy Here|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers Chemistry for Engineering Entrances||Purnima Sharma||Buy Here|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers Physics for Engineering Entrances||Vikas Jain||Buy Here|
Official website: www.cee-kerala.org