MHT CET 2019 Exam is Maharashtra Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by Government of Maharashtra for admission to the 4-year undergraduate courses in Engineering and Technology. This exam is a gateway to some of the best colleges of state of Maharashtra. Those who want to appear for this exam should prepare for it sincerely since this exam is highly competitive with around 1.2 lakh students appearing for this examination.
Those who are planning to prepare for MHT CET 2018 Exam should read the article for tips to crack this exam, what are the best books to prepare from, pattern of the exam, syllabus of the exam and some preparation tips to score well in MHT CET 2019.
MHT CET 2019
Preparing for any competitive exam demands that the student is aware of the pattern and the syllabus. We are providing here the complete syllabus and pattern of MHT CET so that the students have an idea of what is the exam all about. Also, we will provide preparation tips for this exam and what books, the candidate must refer to for it.
MHT CET 2019 Exam Pattern
The MHT CET 2019 will be a pen and paper based examination. The candidate has to circle the correct answer on the OMR sheet. The answers will be coloured with the help of a black ballpoint pen only. Only one option will be correct out of the 4 options available. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
The exam will consist of 3 papers of Multiple Choice Type. Each will be of 100 marks each. The questions will be from the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
Approximately 20% weightage will be given to Std. XI curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to Std. XII curriculum while setting the question paper. The difficulty level will be at par with the JEE for subjects Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
Note: It is compulsory to appear for the Paper 1 and Paper 2 if the candidate wants to appear for the Engineering and Technology.
Nature of the Questions
The questions which will come in MHT CET will be from the whole class XII syllabus and the syllabus of class XI. The authority has given the syllabus of class XI from which the questions are likely to appear. Check the syllabus given below.
Language of the Paper
The language of the paper is according to the subject of the paper. It means that the for some subjects, questions in multiple languages will be there. For some paper, only one language will be there. Have a look at the subjects and their languages.
|Subject||Language of the Paper|
|Physics, Chemistry and Biology||English/Marathi/Urdu|
MHT CET 2019 Previous Year Papers
Practising previous year papers is a great way of preparing for any competitive exam. MHT CET is no different. Here we are providing you list of the previous year papers of MHT CET. Aspirants are advised to practice from these papers in a test environment so that they can adjust themselves to the exam environment.
|2017||Physics and Chemistry with code 11||Click Here|
|2017||Mathematics with code 11||Click Here|
|2016||Mathematics with code 22||Click Here|
|2016||Physics and Chemistry with code 11||Click Here|
|2015||Physics and Chemistry with code 11||Click Here|
MHT CET 2019 Books to Prepare
MHT CET 2019 demands an extensive and deep understanding of the concepts and the ability to apply those concepts in practical application. Such an exam also calls for preparation from some of the best books. Here we are providing a list of some good books for MHT CET 2019. Candidates are advised that they refer to these books for an extensive preparation.
|MHT CET Books||Link To Buy|
|24 Practice Sets MHT CET Engineering 2018||Click Here|
|MHT-CET Engineering Entrance Solved Papers 2018||Click Here|
|MHT CET Mathematics Prep Guide||Click Here|
|MHT CET Physics Prep Guide||Click Here|
|MHT CET Chemistry Prep Guide||Click Here|
MHT CET 2019 Preparation Tips
Any competitive exam demands devotion and dedication towards its preparation. MHT CET, being one of them, is no different from the rest. Here we are providing some tips for an overall preparation so that the students can score high marks in this exam.
- Students preparing for this exam should have a deep understanding of various concepts. For this, they must clear their concepts from the standard textbooks of HSC 12th State Board.
- They should make notes on the topics of the exam. All the formulas should be written in a separate notebook. Flash Cards can also be used.
- Revision and daily practice of the exam is an important aspect of preparation. Those who are appearing for this exam must do the daily revision of the lessons.
- Practice sample papers and previous year papers of MHT CET. The papers give the candidate an idea about the type of questions they can expect in the paper and how they should prepare the lessons from which these questions are coming up.
- Toppers of various competitive exams stress upon taking the mocks. Taking the mocks gives the candidate an idea of the exam. Taking the mocks is a great way of adjusting to the exam environment as well. Ideally, they should take the mock in a similar situation so as to increase their endurance and confidence.