VITEEE 2019 will be held in the month of April 2019. Thus let us help you with How To Prepare For VITEEE 2019. Many say that VITEEE is not as difficult as BITSAT or JEE Examination. But the truth is, it all depends on the preparation. If you prepare well no examination is going to stop your way. To get into Vellore Institute of Technology, you will have to pass the VITEEE 2019. We lay down some simple tips and techniques on How To Prepare For VITEEE 2019, note them down and if you practice them regularly, you are halfway through getting into VIT.
How to Prepare for VITEEE 2019
VITEEE is a national level entrance examination for engineering aspirants conducted by prestigious VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology). VIT University aims to assess candidates on the basis of speed, time-management and decision-making power besides their academic knowledge. Your preparation should thus be up to the mark.
You should make sure you know the examination pattern of VITEEE 2019 before jumping into the preparation. Refer below to know the examination pattern. Also if you are not aware of the VITEEE 2019 Syllabus, get it here.
VITEEE 2019 Exam Pattern
The VITEEE 2019 Exam Pattern is given below. Take note of it so that you are well prepared for the number of questions asked and the time duration of the exam.
- Type of Question: MCQ
- Parts in Question Papers: 4 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English)
- Total Questions: 125 (Each part 30 Questions and 5 English Questions)
- Total Marks: 125
- Duration: 2.5 Hours
- Language: English only
- Marking Scheme: Each Question will carry 1 mark and no negative markings
Preparation Tips For VITEEE 2019
To start any preparation you must know what you are dealing with. VITEEE 2019 examination like any other engineering exam will require your 100% effort and dedication. Start with the tips below and make sure you adhere to them. Knowing and understanding the pattern of the examination and types of questions is an indispensable part of your preparation.
- Know the Important Chapters, hard work must be mixed with some smart work too. Make sure you know the important chapters and dedicate most of your time to them.
- Before starting with VITEEE preparation, a proper analysis of the exam must be done by the candidates viz. its sections, important topics, weightage etc. Also, the type of questions and the pattern of the exam must be noticed. Click Here to know the important chapters of VITEEE 2019.
- Prepare a timetable as per the time left for the examination and your convenience. Stick to your schedule and have a balance of reading and practising both.
- Candidates applying for VITEEE 2019 must keep in mind that to be able to solve the questions in less time and with confidence should be the aim. Thus make sure you have all the shortcut formulas at your fingertips.
- One of the major parts of VITEEE Preparation is to solve as many VITEEE sample papers and last year question papers as possible. One must first try to solve these questions section wise. You can also record the time and a mock test on your own.
- Stick to the prescribed syllabus. You will be wasting your time and energy if you go beyond the syllabus. The prescribed syllabus is enough to cover the preparation for VITEEE 2019.
Preparing a VITEEE 2019 Timetable (Month-wise)
VITEEE 2019will be held in the month of April 2019. Thus aspiring candidates have plenty of time to start with their preparations. Lets us guide you how you can prepare a timetable that will be in sync with your school examinations too. Here is a month wise timetable that will let you complete your VITEEE 2019 syllabus by the month of December.
Calculating the number of months left we are having in hand almost a year to complete the syllabus and it is more than enough if you follow the timetable. Here is a blueprint of how you can plan your timetable month-wise:
March 2018 to May 2018: Dedicate theses months to all the important chapters. Divide your time between each subject and read the NCERT book thoroughly. During these months cover the following important chapters:
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acid and its Derivatives
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
June 2018 to August 2018: Start with the other chapters and analyse which chapters you are weak in or you find difficult. Dedicate this period in practising more of such chapters. Make sure you stick to the syllabus and do not go beyond it. Solve each problem more than once and keep making notes of important points. If you make notes you will remember them for a longer period of time.
September 2018 to November 2018: Let us dedicate this period mostly in solving previous years’ question papers, Sample Papers and Mock Tests. Collect the previous years’ papers of VITEEE and solve them. This will make familiar with the examination pattern and the type of questions asked. Take Mock Tests. You can prepare your own Mock Tests and analyse yourself. This exercise will increase your speed and accuracy.
December 2018: By the end of the year will have covered the important chapters as well as the whole chapters of the VITEEE syllabus. Dedicate this month to Revision and more Practice. Thus you will notice before your class 12 board examinations you have covered your VITEEE syllabus and also you have time left for your Board Exam preparations. There will be no clashes and both the preparations have been almost completed.
Tips from the Topper
Let us take a look what the toppers did to make their VITEEE examination a success.
Ashish Waikar: VITEEE 2017 Topper
“I would like to advise the future aspirants to practise as many questions as possible. This will help them to increase their speed while solving the questions in the examination hall.”
It is thus very clear, there is no shortcut to success. You will have to dedicate yourself to practice and hard work. Stay focused and avoid distractions and please do not panic thinking about the result. Do your best, the result will fall into place in the best possible way.
Important Books for VITEEE 2019 Preparations
Here are some highly recommended books for VITEEE 2019 preparations. These books have been recommended over the years and are very useful for the aspiring candidates. We are listing them below with their buying links.
|Name of the Book||Author||Buying Link|
|Arihant Series||DC Pandey||Buy Here|
|Concepts of Physics (Vol 1 and Vol 2)||HC Verma||Buy Here|
|Physics MCQ Multiple Choice Question Bank||D Mukherjee||Buy Here|
|Physics Class Class 12 (part 1 and part 2)||NCERT||Buy Here|
|Conceptual Problems in Organic Chemistry||DK Singh||Buy Here|
|Essential Organic Chemistry||Ranjeet Shahi||Buy Here|
|Chemistry Class 12 (part 1 and part 2)||NCERT||Buy Here|
|Objective Mathematics Part 1 and Part 2||RD Sharma||Buy Here|
|Problems in Calculus of one Variable||IA Maron||Buy Here|
|VITEEE Solved Papers and Mock Tests||Disha Experts||Buy Here|
All the best to all the aspiring Candidates!!