IIIT Allahabad Admission 2019 – To educate various engineering aspirants in the field of Information Technology and Allied Sciences, IIIT Allahabad along with other IIIT branches were opened across different states of India. Started in the year 1999, with its aim to train and educate at various certificate, undergraduate, diploma and postgraduate level, this Institute has made it to the list of Top Institutes of India.
As per NIRF Ranking 2018, IIIT Allahabad has been ranked 90th among all the other engineering colleges in India.
IIIT Allahabad Admission 2019
- Established – In the year 1999
- Type – Deemed University
- Area – IIIT Allahabad covers an area of 25,000 sq. ft., plus an area of 50,000 sq. ft. which is used as a parking lot, lawn and sports field.
- Campuses – There are 23 IIITs in number.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kottayam
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jhalwa, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati, Assam
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kota, Rajasthan
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Sri City, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Una, Himachal Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Kalyani, West Bengal
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Kilohrad, Sonepat, Haryana
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Srirangam, Tiruchirapalli
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Manipur Mantripukhri, Imphal
- Indian Institute of Information Technology Dharwad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Surat
- Where – Located in the Peepalgoan Road in Jhalwa, Allahabad, it is approximately 7 km from the railway station of Allahabad. A candidate will easily get an auto rickshaw, plying till the IIT, Allahabad campus. Also, a candidate can do an OLA cab to reach the campus from Platform Number 1. From Bhamrauli Airport, the campus seems to be nearly 7 km away.
- Facilities – It provides 3 computer labs, 5 lecture halls, newly built auditorium, an electronic library, hostel facility, conference hall, cafeteria, parking lot, sports facility and lawns and many other facilities which are still under development.
Ranked 5th among the top 10 government engineering colleges in India, as per India Today Ranking.
IIIT Allahabad Admission Courses Offered
IIIT, Allahabad offers a list of B.Tech and M.Tech engineering courses, along with some other MBA, Integrated M.Tech and Ph.D. programmes.
B. Tech Courses Include:
- B.Tech IT
- B.Tech ECE
- B.Tech – M.Tech Dual Degree
M.Tech Courses Include:
- M.Tech Information Technology – 100 seats
- M.Tech ECE – 24 seats
- M.Tech BI – 16 seats
IIIT Allahabad Admission Process
To pursue any of the following B.Tech, a candidate will be given admission either via Central Seat Allocation Board(CSAB) or Direct Admission of Students Abroad(DASA). And for pursuing dual degree course, a candidate needs to apply as per the norms of the CSAB. And for admissions to any of the M.Tech courses, a candidate needs to appear for Centralised Counseling for M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan./M.Des.(CCMT) admissions i.e basically conducted for many institutes like that of NITs and all the IIITs.
For B.Tech courses, a candidate necessarily needs to appear and have met the minimum cut off JEE Main rank or marks set by the IIIT, Allahabad. Along with fulfilling the eligibility norms of the JEE Main, a candidate needs to have appeared and secured a minimum of 75% in his or her Class 12 level examination. And for admission to M.Tech courses, GATE scores are required for admissions to this Insitute.
Ranked 21th, as per Times Now Engineering ranking 2018 among the other top 150 engineering institutes in the country.
IIIT Allahabad Admission Fee Structure
This is the fee structure for candidates belonging to different categories in Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jhalwa, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. Below, we have mentioned the fee structure for various B.Tech and M.Tech specialization.
Image and Data Source: www.iiita.ac.in
IIIT Allahabad Admission Scholarship
IIIT, Allahabad offers various scholarship schemes to its students, belonging to various categories and to motivate its meritorious candidates. The Institute follows the norms laid by the Ministry Of Human Resource Development while granting and designing various scholarship schemes for its students. Only one scholarship scheme could be availed per person. Also, in order to avail of any of the scholarship schemes, a candidate necessarily needs to possess Aadhar card.
To know about various available scholarship schemes, Click here.
Placements @IIIT Allahabad
IIIT, Allahabad is extremely lucky to have some amazing recruiters paying a visit to the campus, every year in search for suitable candidates. As per the placement records available over the official website of IIIT, Allahabad, these are some of the details we found that would surely guide you to consider this institute over others.
- Highest Package – 65 LPA
- Average Package – 6.6 lpa
- Number of Companies Visited – 69
- Total Number Of Students Placed In the year 2015-16( Out of 370 Students) – 362
- Top 7 Recruiters – Amazon, Google, Adobe, Direct I, InMobi, Microsoft, and OFSS.
Other Recruiters –
- American Express
- Goldman Sachs
- HT Media
Prominent Alumni – Most of the alumni are currently working with various reputed firms in India and abroad. But, if we talk about prominent alumni and not talk about Harsha Suryanarayanan, probably this heading would be incomplete. India’s one of the best coder was an IIIT, Allahabad Alumni. He was one of the finest coder that India had ever produced! From being the only Red Coder of the country to owning 3 startups, this man had conquered from the virtual world to the business world as well. But, unfortunately, we lost him to an accident on June 15, 2014. To know more, candidates can click here.
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
Allahabad – 211012
Phone : + 91 – 532 – 2922000, 2922025