IIIT Hyderabad Admission 2019 – International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad is located in the capital city of the Telangana state. It is an autonomous university, founded as a not-for-profit public private partnership (N-PPP) in 1998, and is the first IIIT in India. This institute right now has 1800 students and 80 Faculty. The campus size of this institute is around 66 acres. Apart from being a mecca of education, the facilities for students here is neverending from hostels to placement opportunities, IIIT Hyderabad is one of the ideal Institutes in the nation for higher education. IIIT Hyderabad provides B.Tech courses. M.Tech courses, Dual Degree programmes, P.hd. programmes, M.Phil programmes, Part-time programmes, M.S. by Research and other flexible courses. To know more about IIIT Hyderabad Admission keep reading below.
IIIT Hyderabad Admission 2019
- Establishment: Founded in 1998
- Type: Autonomous University
- Area: 66 Acres
- Location: Main Gachibowli road (also called the Old Bombay highway), Hyderabad, Telangana. The institute is 16km from Nampally railway station. From the railway station, one can take an auto or APSRTC bus (Nos: 216 & 217) to reach IIIT-H.
IIIT Hyderabad Admission 2019 Courses Available
The following B.Tech Courses are available at IIIT-H
- B.Tech in CSE
- B.Tech in ECE
The following M.Tech Courses are available at IIIT-H
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Security
- Computer Aided Structural Engineering
For details on other courses please click here.
IIIT Hyderabad Admission Process 2019
Below is the admission process for the Undergraduate programmes:
It is to be noted that admission in UG programmes at IIIT Hyderabad is done via 3 channels. These channels and their eligibility criteria are given below:
Candidates should have passed class 12th or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 60% marks in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates should have passed class 12th/ equivalent examination with science stream.
- They should have also qualified National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)-Level 2/ Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KYPY).
The special channel of admission is for the students who have been qualified for CBSE Udaan or Integrated 6 year 12th+ B.Tech Program after 10th class. The admission to students will be granted to students on the basis of the test followed by the interview.
For admission via Olympiads:
The candidates who were selected for IOI, IOL/ PLO, Science Olympiad or Mathematics Olympiad will be given admission in IIIT-H on the basis of the interview.
For admission via the DASA channel:
Direct Admission is only open for foreign students. They will get admission via Direct Admission for Students Abroad (DASA).
Below is the admission process for the Postgraduate programmes:
To take admission in the postgraduate engineering courses, candidates have to, first of all, fit into the following eligibility criteria:
Candidate must have a B.E. or B.Tech. degree (any branch including CSE or ECE or EEE or Civil or Biotechnology), B.Arch. In short, a candidate with an Engineering or Science degree in any field/area can seek admission to these M.Tech programmes other than the one in which they have completed their basic degree.
Channel of Admission: IIITH – PGEE
IIIT Hyderabad Admission 2019 – Fee Structure
Tuition Fee for B.Tech courses are as follows:
- For JEE mode: Rs.97,500 for the first semester
- For DASA mode: USD 6000 for the first semester
Tuition Fee for M.Tech courses are as follows:
|Tuition Fee Details for M.Tech|
|Program Name||Tuition Fee per Semester|
|M.Tech (CSE)||Rs 1,25,000 per semester|
|M.Tech (CSIS)||Rs 1,25,000 per semester|
IIIT Hyderabad Scholarships
- Pratibha scholarship There are merit-cum-means scholarships offered by the State Governments such as Pratibha Scholarship by the AP Government. These are available to IIIT students who come from AP and whose parent’s annual income is within one lakh.
- IIIT-H special financial assistance scheme (ISFAS) is available for needy students. Please note this fund is made possible due to the generosity of our alumni which is still very young and hence is NOT to be viewed as an easier option (than a bank loan) for meeting your financial needs.
IIIT Hyderabad Placement Records
- In Placement 2010, IIIT-H has recorded in India the highest average compensation of Rs.9 lac for the undergraduate students.
- IIIT-H’s Placement 2009 was ranked Top 2, and ahead of six IITs, with 100% placement and an average compensation of Rs.6.1 lac, the highest among all technology schools in the country, by Mint-Cfore carried out Best Engineering Colleges’ Survey 2009.
- In 2008, IIIT-H’s placement was ranked Top 2, ahead of six IITs, with an average compensation of Rs.7.2 lac, which was the second highest in the country, just behind IIT-Kharagpur’s Rs.7.4 lac. (Outlook-Synovate’s Top Engineering Colleges Survey 2008)
Below the placement data for the academic year, 2017-18 is available.