IISER Admission 2019 – Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) intakes admission each year via three channels – KVPY channel, JEE Advanced channel and via SCB channel. IISER Admission 2019 Seat Allotment Result has been released. IISER provides admission to a 5-year long dual degree programme, BS-MS. The first two years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the third and fourth years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the fifth year includes a research project. The BS-MS dual degree is the flagship program of all the five IISERs.
Latest: IISER 2019 list of eligible candidates for IISER Vacant Seats Allotment has been released, scroll down to check the same.
IISER Admission 2019
Candidates aspiring to take admission in the institute have to apply online via one of the available channels i.e. KVPY, JEE Advanced, and SCB. There are 7 IISERs in India – in Mohali, Bhopal, Kolkata, Pune, Tirupati, Thiruvananthapuram, and Berhampur. We have described the process of admission via all the 3 channels on this page below. But before diving into those details, let us check the tentative dates for the admission process.
|IISER Admission||KVYP Channel||JEE-Advanced Channel||SCB Channel|
|Application Portal Opens||27 May 2019||15 Jun 2019||31 Mar 2019|
|Application Portal closes||20 Jun 2019||20 Jun 2019||06 May 2019|
|Download Of Hall Tickets||—||—|
|IISER Aptitude Test||—||—|
KVPY scholars admitted to IISERs will draw fellowship as per KVPY norms. In addition, a limited number of “INSPIRE” scholarships of Rs.5000/- per month to candidates admitted through JEE and SCB channels, upon fulfilling the criteria. Students admitted to the BS-MS program in Engineering Science or to the BS program in Economic Sciences are not entitled to fellowship.
IISER 2019 Counselling and Seat Allotment
The candidates who will get minimum qualifying marks in SCB will be able to appear in the counselling process. The candidates will get the seats in IISER Institutes according to their score in SCB. The seat allocation process will start in the month of July 2019. The candidates will have to appear for the counseling to get admission in IISER. Seat will also be allotted to the candidates both through KVPY channel and JEE Channel.
- Click Here to check the details regarding IISER Vacant Seats Allotment
- Click Here to check the list of eligible candidates for IISER Vacant Seats Allotment
- Click here for Special Round of Seat Allotment Counselling.
- Click Here to check the Final offers for JEE and KVPY channel using Counselling Portal.
- Click Here to check the Seat Allotment through JEE channel.
- Click Here to check the Seat Allotment through KVPY channel.
IISER 2019 Advertisement
IISER 2019 Admission Process
The admission process of IISER may seem a bit complicated. Thus, we have drawn a flowchart below to help you understand the process in a simpler way.
Thus, as clear from the above process candidates have to appear for IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) 2019, if they are taking admission via the SCB channel. Although to be able to apply via any of the channel candidates have to fill the online application form. Also, make sure you read and understand the eligibility norms.
Highlights of IISER Admission 2019:
Admission will be via any of the following channels:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
Candidates can apply through more than one channel. But for each channel candidates have to fill a separate application form.
Candidates applying via KVPY or JEE Advanced channel, will not have to appear in any Test. Whereas candidates appearing via SCB channel have to appear in Aptitude Test by IISER.
IISER Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
There are different eligibility norms for each of the 3 channels. Thus make sure you check the eligibility criteria for the channel you will be applying through:
For KVPY Channel:
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2019-20 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. However, additional cut-off criteria may be applicable.
For JEE Advanced Channel:
Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2018 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to reserved category (OBCNC, SC, ST, PD), their category rank should be within 10000.
For SCB Channel:
- Students who have passed (10+2) level with science stream in 2018 or 2019 with marks equal to or above the cutoff percentage in their respective boards as given in the table below are eligible to apply.
|Name of Board||Cut-off percentage||Name of Board||Cut-off percentage|
|AMU Board||81.4||Andhra Pradesh||95.4|
|Himachal Pradesh||79.7||Jammu Kashmir||84.4|
- For the candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories, there is a 5% relaxation.
- The cut-off percentage for the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates is 55% in (10+2) level for all boards.
Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test which will be conducted at various centers across the country.
IISER Admission 2019 Application Form
- Candidates have to fill the online application form and make payment in the online mode only.
- If you are eligible then you can apply by visiting “apply now” page.
- Select your channel.
- If you choose more than one channel make sure to fill a different application form for each of them.
- Please follow the instruction for filling the application form and other relevant details on the website.
- Fill the application form.
- Submit the application fee
Application Fee: The application fee is non-refundable. The candidates can check the application fee category wise is:
- For General/OBC-NCL Candidates – Rs. 2000/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/Kashmiri Migrants – Rs. 1000/-
Mode of Payment: The candidates can only make the payment online. There will be no other way to pay the application fee.
IISER 2019 SCB Exam Pattern
The candidates can check the exam pattern of IISER SCB 2019 aptitude test below.
- The SCB Aptitude Test will be a multiple choice paper.
- The test will include four subjects, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics with the equal weightage.
- There will be total 15 questions in each subject.
- The total number of questions will be 60.
- The time duration of the questions will be 180 minutes.
- 3 marks will be given for every correct answer.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark on each wrong answer.
- If the candidate will not attempt any question then there will be no penalty.
The exam pattern can be seen in the table form given below.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Time-Duration|
IISER 2019 SCB Aptitude Test Preparation
Yo crack the aptitude test candidates must know the preparation resources, the exam pattern has been provided above. Now, it is important that the candidates are well aware of the other important elements of preparations like important books, syllabus, sample question papers and a preparation strategy. Thus, here are the important IISER 2019 Aptitude Test preparation resources.
Syllabus: The syllabus generally follows the NCERT syllabus for classes XI and XII.
Sample Papers: The SCB Aptitude Test will be a multiple choice paper. The test will include four subjects, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
Important Books: The books for preparation will include NCERT textbooks and then reference books for practice.
Preparation Strategy/Study Timetable: A plan of action will be helpful in preparing in the best possible way. Thus, strategising a timetable for preparation will give a push to the preparations.
IISER 2019 Admit Card for Aptitude Test
Candidates who are appearing in the Aptitude Test can collect their admit card for the test now. The admit card of IISER 2019 Admit Card has been made available in the online mode only. Thus, candidates must go to the website and download the admit card. For this candidates have to login by entering the details email id, password, and captcha. Candidates will need the admit card until the admission process is over. Thus make sure to keep it safe.
Also, the admit card will have the details of the IISER 2019 aptitude test time and venue. In addition to that, there will be your name, roll number, date of birth, exam center, photo, sign etc on the admit card.
IISER Admission 2019 Result
IISER 2019 Admission Result basically means selection list of the candidates for seat allotment via KVPY and JEE Advanced Channels. The result of IAT 2019 will be also available online.
Aptitude Test Result: To check the IAT 2019 Result candidates have to enter the roll number and registration id to login. Thus, candidates will be able to check the result of the aptitude test SCB. The candidates who will score minimum qualifying marks will get their result. Thus, those candidates will be able to get admission in IISER.
Result for JEE Advanced Channel: For JEE Advanced the result will be announced for the three subjects combined. The JEE Advanced rank will be based on the marks obtained in JEE.
Result for KVPY Channel: The KVPY result and cut-off will be released similarly online. The cut-off will be made according to the minimum qualifying marks obtained by the candidates.
IISER Admission Seat Matrix
The combined total number of seats available in all IISERs for BS-MS degree programme is 1300. The number of seats available in each IISER is as follows:
Official Website: www.iiseradmission.in