Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) has prescribed the IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Syllabus. The syllabus generally follows the NCERT syllabus for classes XI and XII. Also, to get a clear idea of the aptitude test of IISER Admission 2019 via SCB Channel, we have provided sample papers in English and Hindi language on this page below. Although candidates may follow CBSE prescribed syllabus, but why not follow the syllabus prescribed by the Institutes itself for the aptitude test. Thus, it is better to follow the IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Syllabus by IISER itself. The SCB Aptitude Test will be a multiple choice paper. And the test will include four subjects, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics with the equal weightage. Read below to know more about IISER 2019 syllabus for aptitude test, exam pattern, and question papers.
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can check the NCERT syllabus for details. Here are the topics that IISER has prescribed for their aptitude test. There is no test for candidates applying via the KVPY or JEE Advanced channel. This aptitude test is only for candidates applying via SCB channel. To know details about the channels of admission, please click here.
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Syllabus – Mathematics
- Relations and functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry
- Limits and Derivatives
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Application of Derivatives
- Applications of integrals
- Differential equations
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Linear Programming
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Syllabus – Physics
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid body
- Properties of bulk matter
- Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic energy
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Electronic devices
- Communication Systems
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Syllabus – Chemistry
- Some Basic Concept of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Redox Reactions
- The s-block Elements
- The p-block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- The solid state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- The p-block elements
- The d- & f-block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogens
- Chemistry in everyday life
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Syllabus – Biology
- Diversity in the living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
- Cell structure and function
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Genetics and evolution
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its application
- Ecology and environment
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Sample Papers
It is important to understand the nature of the question paper. This is because you will face no surprise on the day of the examination in case of marking schemes, number of questions, and pattern of the papers. Since you will be no stranger to the question paper, you will be able to save some time on the examination day. Also, it is a good idea to practice using the sample pares. You can create a mock test environment using them and thus have an edge over your IISER 2019 Aptitude Test preparations.
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Sample Papers – English (1)
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Sample Papers – English (2)
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Sample Papers – Hindi
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check the exam pattern of IISER SCB 2019 aptitude test below.
- The SCB Aptitude Test will be a multiple choice paper.
- The test will include four subjects, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics with the equal weightage.
- There will be total 15 questions in each subject.
- The total number of questions will be 60.
- The time duration of the questions will be 180 minutes.
- 3 marks will be given for every correct answer.
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark on each wrong answer.
- If the candidate will not attempt any question then there will be no penalty.
The exam pattern can be seen in the table form given below.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Time-Duration|
For any doubts or queries, do comment below.