IISER, Pune Admission – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research has seven branches with Pune being one of its branches. Situated in the suburban city of Pashan, IISER Pune offers some offbeat courses like BS-MS Programme at UG level, and Integrated Ph.D. and Ph.D.in Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Climate Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Humanities & Social Sciences and inter-disciplinary areas of research. And the admissions to any of these branches are done on the basis of the eligibility criteria as laid by the IISER authorities. For PG level programmes, a candidate needs to apply with CSIR-UGC NET or GATE or JEST or NBHM or JGEEBILS, depending on the course a candidate wishes to apply for. And in order to pursue BS-MS programme, a candidate can apply through any of the following three channels – Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel, Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) channel and State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel. To know more admission related details on IISER, Pune Admission, candidates can keep reading this article!
IISER, Pune Admission
- Established: In the year 2006
- Type: An autonomous institute under MHRD.
- Area: IISER, Pune campus covers a land of 98 acres.
- Student- Faculty Ratio: 6:1
- Campus: IISER has 7 campuses across India, situated in Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananathapuram and Tirupati.
- Location: IIST, Pune has been established in the northwestern part of the city. Nearest airport to IIST, Pune is located at Lohegaon. It is also very close to National Chemical Laboratory. Also, Pune Municipal Corporation buses ply just opposite the main gate of the campus. If a candidate wishes to reach the campus by rail, he or she can deboard the train at Pune junction, which is nearly 10 km away from IISER, Pune campus, which could be easily covered with an auto rickshaw.
- Facilities: From providing first class infrastructural facilities to various research oriented, computing facilities, hostel, daycare, women’s lounge, sports and recreational facilities, etc., IISER, Pune leaves no stones unturned in providing all that facilities, a candidate requires.
IISER, Pune Admission Courses & Seat Intake
At Undergraduate or Ph.D. level, IISER, Pune has got to offer a special course designed for its engineering aspirants. Have a look from below.
|BS-MS Degree Programme||5 years|
|Integrated Ph.D. Programme( in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics)||2 years|
|Ph Programme (in Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Climate Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Humanities & Social Sciences and inter-disciplinary areas of research)||2 years|
|International Ph.D. programme||2 years|
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research, Pune offers 200 seats under its BS-MS Degree programme, every year.
IISER, Pune Admission Process
Candidates applying through SCB channel needs to appear and qualify for the IISER Aptitude Test in order to pursue the BS-MS Degree programme from any of the IISER campuses. For admission to the BS-MS Degree Programme, a candidate needs to apply by any of the following channels and needs to fulfill these eligibility criteria:
- JEE Advanced Channel – Candidates need to secure at least 60% in his or her Class 12 level examination and should also have the minimum JEE Advanced score as specified by the University. All those candidates belonging to General category and scoring within 10000 in the Common Rank List are eligible to apply.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana(KVPY) Channel – Candidate having a valid KVPY fellowship is eligible for admission to this course.
- State and Central Boards(SCB) Channel – Candidates applying through this channel needs to apply with the minimum cut off marks as specified by the University for different boards in science stream. For Kashmiri Migrants, SCs or STs the cut off marks has been specified as 55%, irrespective of whichever State or Central Board they are applying from.
For admission to Ph.D. programmes, candidates need to have a Masters degree in Science / Mathematics or a four-year Bachelor degree with at least 60% marks (aggregate) are eligible to apply to IISER, Pune’s Ph.D. programmes.
IISER, Pune Admission Fee Structure
Below, we have listed the fee structure of the undergraduate level BS-MS Degree programme, semester wise that Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research, Pune offers.
Candidates can click here to check the fee structure of various other courses offered at IISER, Pune.
IISER, Pune Admission Scholarship
IISER, Pune like its other campuses offers scholarships to various students, every year. Scholarships are made available to KVPY scholars in the form of fellowships as per KVPY norms. INSPIRE scholarships, on the other hand, are made available for all those meritorious candidates who are admitted via JEE Advanced and SCB as per norms DST INSPIRE scheme.
Image And Data Source: www.inspire-dst.gov.in
IISER, Pune Admission Placement
The final year students can appear in various on-campus placement drives. For that, candidates need to get themselves registered with the Campus Development Center of the IISER, Pune. The Campus Development Center of the IISER, Pune makes it explicit the “one student, one job-acceptance policy”. All candidates appearing for various placement drives must carry their identity cards on the day of the interview & screening test. Have a look at the placement drive rounds for various on campus( public or private firms) placement drives
Placement Record As Sent To NIRF:
Recruiters: Some of the renowned recruiters keeps visiting the IISER, Pune campus, year after year. And those areas mentioned below:
Image and Data Source: www.iiserpune.ac.in
Contact Details: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
Pashan, Pune 411 008
Reception: +91 (20) 2590 8000
Fax: +91 (20) 2025 1566