IMU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Indian Maritime University (IMU) is conducting Common Entrance Test (CET) 2020 all over India, for admission into various Marine courses including B.E Marine Engineering Course. Candidates aspiring to take admission in the offered courses must appear and qualify IMU CET 2020. Aspirants must make sure to fulfill eligibility criteria for the course they are applying for. Only eligible candidates can register and apply for IMU CET 2020. Thus, to know all about IMU CET 2020 eligibility criteria, scroll down the article.
IMU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must note that they besides fulfilling the eligibility criteria they need to comply with medical standards of D.G Shipping. After fulfilling and complying all the eligibility and medical norms, candidates can register for IMU CET 2020 online on the official website. To know more in detail, follow the below-given article.
IMU CET 2020 Eligibility – Courses offered
Through the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Indian Maritime University, candidates are eligible to apply for a number of programmes. The programmes under the engineering stream from IMU and its affiliated institutes are as follows.
- B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
IMU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Know in Detail!
Before applying for the IMU CET, candidates need to check the eligibility criteria for the examination. Candidates who do not fufill the eligibility norms must not fill the application form as their candidateure will be cancelled at any further stage of the admission process. Candidates can check the detailed eligibility criteria from below.
Educational Qualifications :
- Candidates must have passed or must be appearing for the 10+2 level examination from a recognized Board / University.
- Keeping the above eligibility criteria intact candidates must have studied the Physics, Chemistry and Maths (PCM) as the compulsory subjects, with a minimum of 60% marks in PCM and 50% in English. OR
- Physics as an individual subject in one of the years of B.Sc. in PCM or Electronics with an average of not less than 50% marks from a UGC/DEC recognized university
Age Limit: The IMU has set a ristriction at minimum and maximum age for the candidates aspiring to appear for the examination, this age criteria is to be strictly followed. The age restrictions for the IMU CET are as follows
- Minimum age – 17 years
- Maximum age – 25 Years
Age relaxation of five years (5 yrs.) is applicable for the SC and ST candidates.
Physical Fitness : Candidate for admission to marine courses (DG, Shipping-approved courses) are required to produce certificate for medical fitness by authorities authorized by Director General of Shipping.
Eyesight : In case of candidates joining B. Tech. (Marine Engineering) degree course, glasses may be allowed but eye sight in each eye beyond plus/minus 2.5 will be rejected. Unaided vision should be 6/12 in both eyes minimum or 6/9 in the good eye and 6/12 in the other eye minimum.
IMU CET 2020 Registration
Aspirants after fulfilling the eligibility criteria and norm must register themselves online on the official website. Candidates can register themselves by entering their name, mobile number, email id and choice of course. After successful registration candidates can proceed further and fill the application form. Form will be filled online and candidates have to enter all the details there only. The submission of application form is in offline mode with all the necessary documents.
Registration fee :
- Rs.1000 for General candidates
- Rs.700 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates.
List of Institutes affiliated under IMU
There are a number of institutes affiliated to the Indian Maritime Institute. Using the IMU CET score candidates can apply for admission into any of the following institutes as well.
- Coimbatore Marine College, Tamilnadu
- Euro Tech Maritime Academy, Kerala
- HIMT College (Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training), Tamilnadu
- International Maritime Institute, Uttar Pradesh
- Park Maritime Academy, Tamilnadu
- R L Institute of Nautical Sciences, Tamil Nadu
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Pune
- Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune
IMU CET 2020 Fee Structure
Following is the structure for B.Tech courses.
|Total Fee for an|
|B.Tech (Marine Engineering)||Residential||Rs. 2,25,000|
|B.Tech (Naval Architecture &|
Indian Maritime University has been set up with an act of parliament of India in 2008. Candidates aspiring admissions into maritime courses must surely consider the IMU as an option for further studies. The university has been set up with a number of objectives including promotion of maritime studies, training, research and extension work. Candidates appering for the IMU CET are further eligible for the admissions into the Indian Maritime University. However, they must have sustained all the eligibility criteria for a programme laid by the University.