IMU CET 2020 Exam Pattern – Indian Maritime University (IMU) will be conducting Common Entrance Test (CET) 2020 all over India, for admission into various Marine courses including B.E Marine Engineering Course. The exam is conducted in online mode for all the courses. Candidates aspiring to appear in IMU CET 2020 must get familiar with the IMU CET 2020 exam pattern. Aspirants must know that all the questions asked in this exam are as per what taught to the students in their 12th class. Multiple choice questions are asked in this exam. For more detailed information on IMU CET 2020 exam pattern, scroll down the article.
IMU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
IMU All-India Common Entrance Tests (CETs) is conducted every year 2 times, usually in the month of November and May. The exam will be common to all UG programmes including B.Tech. Candidates aspiring for IMU CET 2020 must go through the article for more details.
IMU CET 2020 Question Paper Pattern
The multiple choice questions will be set from the following topics: Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at Plus 2 level (CBSE, ISE, State Boards). Following is the exam pattern details.
- Mode of examination – Online
- Total number of questions – 200
- Total Duration – 180 minutes/ Three hours
- Marking scheme : There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Subjects- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, General Knowledge, English and Aptitude.
Distribution of questions in IMU CET
|Sections||No. of questions|
IMU CET 2020 Test Cities
The Online CET will be held simultaneously in the following 36 cities (Test Centers) across India:
Note : A given city or Test Center may have one or more Test Venues depending on the number of candidates opting for the city. Candidate should give 3 preferences for the cities where he wishes to take the CET while registering online.
IMU CET 2020 Syllabus
The IMU CET 2020 syllabus for UG courses including B.Tech will be consisting of English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at Plus 2 level. Following is bthe syllabus for IMU CET 2020.
- Gravitation Electromagnetic Induction and A.C.
- Electrons and Photons
- Heat Radiation
- Wave Motion and Sound
- Fluids, S.H.M.
- Rotational Motion of a Rigid Body
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Current Electricity
- Ray Optics
- Wave Theory
- Nuclear and Radio Chemistry
- Halogen Derivatives of Alkanes and organic hydroxy Compounds
- Chemistry of Transition and Inner Transition Elements
- Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetic
- Nature of Chemical Bond II
- Adsorption and Colloids
- Proteins and Fats
- Chemical Kinetics,
- Coordination Chemistry
- Boolean algebra
- Linear in equations
- Limits and continuity
- Vector and 3-d geometry
- Statics & dynamics
- Indefinite integrals
- Definite integrals & its application
- Differential equations
IMU CET 2020 Preparation Tips
After knowing the pattern and syllabus for the exam, candidates need to know how to start the preparation. Preparing for IMU CET is a difficult task as this is a competitive exam where the candidate aspiring the career in Maritime appear for the same.
- Go through the prescribed syllabus for IMU CET 2020 by IMU. Note down all the important topics.
- Go through as many sample papers as you can. They are the key to achieve success in the exam. These question papers will help you to get better insight about the paper.
- Do not forget to go through NCERT books. Yes, mostly students skip the basic NCERT and try solving difficult level.
- Pay attention on speed and accuracy. The best way to get an edge over your competition is through sheer practice. You’ll not only have more confidence, which is really helpful during an exam, but also know the exam in and out.
- When in exam, attempt all questions. When unsure, eliminate options. If you have absolutely no idea, take a wild guess. Remember: there are NO negative marks
- Reading the newspaper goes a long way! You’re not only up-to-date with the latest news, but also get to practice your English skills. Both GK and English are given significant weight-age in the exam, and is one area where you can score a big competitive advantage over others.
Indian Maritime University offers education for the candidates aspiring for career in the field of Maritime. The University has been set up through an act of parliament in 2008, also the day the university eas established is celebrated as the ‘IMU Day’. For the admission into IMU, candidates need to appear for an entrance exam namely IMU CET. Candidates can apply and appear for the exam online.