Indian Maritime University Admission 2019 – The Indian Maritime University (IMU) is headquartered at Chennai. Other than that it has campuses at Kochi, Kolkata, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai Port, and Visakhapatnam. It is said that the “The birth of Indian Maritime University is a long cherished dream of the maritime community of India.” This university is a Central University established on November 14, 2008. The objective of this University is to facilitate and promote maritime studies, training, research and extension work. IMU offers 2 B.Tech courses and 4 M.Tech courses. Apart from engineering courses, IMU also has other courses to offer too. Read below to know more.
Indian Maritime University Admission 2019
IMU has 4 schools of studies they are – School of Nautical Studies, School of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, School of Marine Engineering & Technology, School of Maritime Management. Let us check the profile of the University before going into the admission process and courses intake.
- Established: November 14, 2008
- Type: Central University
- Area: The main campus of IMU is located in Chennai, that has a 20-acre scenic beachfront property on the outskirts of Chennai,
- Campuses: Kolkata, Kochi, Chennai, Mumbai Port, Navi Mumbai, Visakhapatnam
- Location: A 25 km drive along the East Coast Road at Uthandi, Chennai.
Indian Maritime University Admission 2019 Courses
The following courses are offered at IMU:
- 4-Year B.Tech (Marine Engineering)
- 4-Year B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
- 2-Year M.Tech (Marine Engineering & Management)
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
- 1 Year PGDME (Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering)
Other than the above engineering courses, other courses ate also offered at IMU, to know all about them, click here.
Seat Intakes in the following courses are given below:
|Kolkata – Marine Engineering (M.E)||246|
|Mumbai Port Campus – Marine Engineering (M.E)||40|
|Chennai – Marine Engineering (M.E)||80|
|Visakhapatnam – Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering||40|
|Cochin – Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering – Lateral Entry||20|
|Kolkata – Marine Engineering and Management||20|
|Visakhapatnam – Dredging & Harbour Engineering||20|
Institutes Affiliated To IMU And Their Seat Intake
|College or Institute Name||Seat Intake|
|Coimbatore Marine College, Coimbatore – B.Tech (M.E)||80|
|Euro Tech Maritime Academy, Cochin – B.Tech (M.E)||80|
|HIMT College, Chennai – B.Tech (M.E)||80|
|International Maritime Institute, New Delhi – B.Tech (M.E)||40|
|Park Maritime Academy, Coimbatore – B.Tech (M.E)||40|
|RL Institute of Nautical Sciences, Madurai – B.Tech (M.E)||120|
|Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Mumbai – B.Tech (M.E)||40|
|Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune – B.Tech (M.E)||240|
Indian Maritime University Admission Process
To take admission in IMU, candidates have to first be eligible and appear in the University’s entrance test known as IMU Common Entrance Test (IMU CET).
- For 4 year B.Tech Engineering Courses – For PCM candidates – 60% of which a minimum of 50% in English in class 10th and 12th. For B.Tech Lateral Entry Programme, an overall of 60% is required
- For 2-year M.Tech Courses – BE/B.Tech in Marine Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Naval Architecture with at least 60% marks from a recognized or any equivalent University.
Note that, 5% of relaxation will be given to candidates belonging to SC/STs category.
Admission Channel: IMU CET
Indian Maritime University 2019 Fee structure
below is the course wise annual fee structure:
- B.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering) -2,25,000/-
- M.Tech (Marine Engineering and Management) – Residential – 2,25,000/-
- M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering) – 2,25,000/-
- M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering) – 2,25,000/-
Indian Maritime University Placements
IMU provides a host of training programmes and industry level interactions. The University conducts the training program under two divisions – Marine and Port.
- The Marine division conducts pre-sea and post-sea training programmes for merchant navy personnel, working both on deck and engineering side.
- Under the Port division, courses are offered for officials of major ports, Maritime Boards, non-major ports and organizations connected with transport trade. These include short-term training courses, seminars and workshops, certificate courses, orientation courses, and induction courses.
Indian Maritime University – Chennai Campus
East Coast Road, Uthandi
Chennai 600 119.
Tel : (044) 2453 0343 / 345