IPU Admission 2019 – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University offers various programs at different levels namely at Undergraduate level, Post- Graduate level. It also provides Integrated and Doctoral Programmes. Indraprastha University has 15 schools and 2 centres. Some of them are University School of Architecture & Planning, University School of Humanities & Social Sciences, University School of Engineering & Technology etc. To take admission into this reputed institution specifically in the B.Tech and M.Tech courses, candidates will have to appear for IPU CET.
The University has been ranked 74 among Indian Universities by NIRF in the year 2018. The University School of Engineering & Technology was ranked 85 by NIRF Engineering Ranking.
IPU Admission 2019 – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)
- Establishment: It was established on March 28, 1998 by the Government of Delhi.
- Type: It is a public university.
- Location & Area: It is situated in Dwarka Sector 16, Delhi, India. It has an area of 60 acres.
- Facilities: GGSIPU provides hostel accommodation to both girls and boys. It has a wide variety of books in the Library. The university allows students to take part in extracurricular activities such as taking part in cultural festivals like Anugoonj, Nirvana etc. It also provides sports facilities for students.
Courses Offered at GGSIPU
Dual Degree Programmes
B.Tech/ M.Tech Dual Degree
|Programmes||Schools in which Programmes are offered|
|B.Tech/ M.Tech (Information Technology)||University School of Information & Communication Technology|
|B.Tech/ M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)|
|B.Tech/ M.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)|
|B.Tech/ M.Tech (Bio- Technology)||University School of Biotechnology|
|B.Tech/ M.Tech (Chemical Engineering)||University School of Chemical Technology|
Post- Graduate Weekend Programs
|Programmes||Schools in which Programmes are offered|
|M.Tech (Information Technology)||University School of Information & Communication Technology|
|M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)|
|M.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)|
Post- Graduate Regular Programs
|Programmes||Schools in which Programs are offered|
|M.Tech (Information Technology)||USICT
|M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)||USICT
|M.Tech (Digital Communication)||USICT
|M.Tech (Signal Processing)||AIARICT|
|M.Tech (RF & Microwave Engineering)||AIARICT|
|M.Tech (Information Security)||AIARICT|
|M.Tech (VLSI)||CDAC, Noida|
|M.Tech (Chemical Engineering)||USCT|
|M.Tech (Food Technology)||USBT|
|M.Tech (Engineering Physics)||USBAS|
|M.Tech (Nano Science & Technology)||USBAS|
Admission Process of GGSIPU
For Undergraduate Programmes
In order to take admission in B.Tech course, candidates will have to match certain eligibility criteria. The details about eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Candidates should have passed 12th with minimum 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics .
- Candidates will be required to pass the above mentioned subjects separately.
- Another thing which is important is that candidates need to pass English as a subject in the qualifying exam(core/ elective/ functional).
For Post- Graduate Programmes
Candidates need to check the eligibility criteria first in order to take admission in any of the M.Tech course. The eligibility criteria for the same is mentioned below:
Age Limit: A candidate who wants to take admission in M.Tech should not be more than 35 years of age as on August 1, 2019.
Upper Age Limit: Candidates will be given relaxation in some cases. The upper age limit can be relaxed up to 5 years, if specified by the Admission Officer.
Minimum Marks Requirement: In order to take admission in M.Tech Courses, candidates need to fulfil the following points. The detailed eligibility criteria for M.Tech courses are given below:
Fee Structure of GGSIPU
|Programme||Free Seat per annum||Payment Seat per annum||NRI Seat per annum||Examination Fee per annum||Enrollment Fee payable once at the time of admission||Security Deposit|
|B.Tech (Information Technology, Computer Science & Engg., Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering)||Rs 15,000||Rs 58,000||US $3500||Rs 2,500||Rs 500||Rs 5,000|
Scholarships provided at GGSIPU
There are few scholarships which are offered to the students. Candidates can check the data given below for the same. However, candidates should keep in mind that the scholarships schemes provided below are based on the schemes decided by the governing authority for the students of the year 2017-18.
- Post- Matric Scholarships for Minorities
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses
- Post- Matric Scholarships for students with Disabilities
- Post- Matric Scheme for Award of Scholarships under Cine Workers Welfare Funds
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
Fun Fact: The University was officially named as Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University after the 10th Sikh guru, Guru Gobind Singh.
Placement Record of GGSIPU
The list of recruiters who visit the campus every year to provide the job opportunities is given below:
- Click Labs
- E&Y India
- Media Tek
- NIIT Limited
- Opera Solutions
Placement Statistics of University School of Information & Technology (2017-18)
Candidates can have a look at the highest package offered by various companies to the students from the information provided below:
IPUCET M.Tech Participating Colleges
The colleges which provide M.Tech under GGSIPU are mentioned below:
- Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies & Research, Geeta Colony, Delhi
- C-DAC, Noida (formerly known as Electronics Research & Development Centre of India) Govt. of India, Noida
- Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase 2, Delhi – 20
- University School of Chemical Technology (USCT), Delhi
Official Website: www.ipu.ac.in