IPU CET M.Tech 2019 – To get into one of the most reputable semi-government institutions like Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, candidates need to appear for an entrance. Every year for admission to various engineering postgraduate courses, IPU conducts Common Entrance Test(CET). IPU CET M.Tech 2019 will be conducted in only offline mode( i.e on OMR sheets) across Delhi. Application form for IPU CET 2019 is now available from March 22, 2019. For the weekend M.Tech programmes and M.Tech Biotechnology discipline, no CET will be conducted. Rather, their selection will be done on the basis of the marks secured in the qualifying degree. To get all the detailed information on the IPU CET M.Tech 2019 important dates, application form, admit cards, exam pattern, syllabus, results, keep following this page.
Fact: Did you know that? Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, recognized under UGC also has weekend batches for only two of its M.Tech engineering disciplines. Those are – M.tech(Computer Science Engineering) and M.tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering). Check the admission related details for the weekend courses from this page.
IPU CET M.Tech 2019
Indraprastha University will conduct further counseling rounds for the selected candidates and on this basis, a candidate will be allotted an M.Tech seat. Note that, the admission procedure will be a little different for the candidates applying through a valid GATE score. IPU believes in providing scholarships to the candidates and keeps them motivated. But note that, no scholarships will be given to the applicants belonging to the sponsored category or candidates applying for weekend programmes.
Candidates can apply for different M.tech courses with the following CET Code:
- Computer Science Group (CSE, IT, IS) – CET CODE 139
- Electronics Group (ECE/DC/SP/RF & M / VLSI) – CET CODE 140
- Tool Engineering – CET CODE 147
- Bio-Technology – CET CODE 148
- Nano Science and Technology – CET CODE 149
- Engineering Physics – CET CODE 150
- Chemical Engineering – CET CODE 152
- Robotics and Automation – CET CODE 156
- Computer Science & Engg. (Weekend) – CET CODE 182
- Electronics & Communication Engg. (Weekend) – CET CODE 183
But hold on! Before we keep moving on to the other discussions, let’s have a look at the various important dates relating to IPU CET M.Tech 2019.
|IPU CET M.Tech 2019 Events||Important Events|
|Availability Of the Application Forms||22 Mar 2019|
|Last date to apply for IPU CET 2019||22 Apr 2019 (Tool Engineering)|
|22 Apr 2019 (Robotics and Automation)|
|29 Apr 2019 (Nano Sc. & Technology)|
|29 Apr 2019 (Engineering Physics)|
|29 Apr 2019 (IT/CSE/IS)|
|29 Apr 2019 (ECE/DC/SP/RF &
|29 Apr 2019 (Chemical Engineering)|
|20 May 2019 (Bio-Technology)|
|20 May 2019 (CSE)- Weekend|
|20 May 2019 (ECE)- Weekend|
|Date Of Admit Card Release||5 days before the date of the CET|
|Date of Examination||05 May 2019 (Tool Engineering)|
|05 May 2019 (Robotics and Automation)|
|13 May 2019 (IT/CSE/IS)|
|26 May 2019 (ECE/DC/SP/RF &
|26 May 2019 (Chemical Engineering)|
|02 Jun 2019 (Nano Sc. & Technology)|
|02 Jun 2019 (Engineering Physics)|
|Date of Result||17 May 2019 (Tool Engineering)|
|17 May 2019 (Robotics and Automation)|
|24 May 2019 (IT/CSE/IS)|
|10 Jun 2019 (Nano Sc. & Technology)|
|10 Jun 2019 (Engineering Physics)|
|07 Jun 2019 (ECE/DC/SP/RF &
|07 Jun 2019 (Chemical Engineering)|
|Display of 1st Merit list||03 Jul 2019|
|1st Counseling Date||09 Jul 2019|
|Academic Session Begins||01 Aug 2019|
|Display of 2nd Merit list||05 Aug 2019|
|2nd Counseling Date||09 Aug 2019|
|Open Counselling||14 Aug 2019|
|Display of Merit Lists (GATE qualified candidates)||14 May 2019|
|Document Verification Round For GATE qualified candidates||03 Jun 2019|
|Final Merit List For GATE qualified candidates||18 Jun 2019|
After we know the important dates relating to the IPU CET M.Tech 2019 Events, let’s start discussing the admission procedure in detail.
M.Tech Engineering Courses Offered Under IPU CET 2019
- M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Information Technology) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Information Security) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Digital Communication) (Regular)
- M.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (VLSI Design) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Signal Processing) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (RF & Microwave Engg.) (Regular)
- M.Tech (Tool Engineering) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Biotechnology) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Nano Science and Technology) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Engineering Physics) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Robotics and Automation) (Regular)
- M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engg.) (Weekend)
- M.Tech. (Electronics & Communications Engg.) (Weekend)
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Admission Procedure
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
Before filling up the online applications, one must go through the eligibility norms prescribed by the IPU. As the eligibility criteria for each course differs. If any candidate not found eligible and still have applied for an M.Tech course, his/her candidature will be canceled by the University. Below, we have mentioned some eligibility criteria for candidates applying through general or open category for various specialization.
Age Limit: A candidate who wants to appear for IPU CET 2019 M.Tech shouldn’t be more than 35 years of age as on August 1, 2019.
Upper Age Limit: In some exceptional cases, the upper age limit can be relaxed up to a maximum 5 years, if specified by the Admission Officer( except in MBBS OR BDS CET). but the candidate has to satisfy the merit to be able to avail of this relaxation.
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Application Form
The Indraprastha University invites all the candidates to apply online in order to pursue any of the postgraduate level engineering courses. The online application form for various M.Tech disciplines will be available at www.ipu.ac.in. For form filling purpose, candidates will be first required to register themselves in the online admission portal opened for the academic session commencing from 2019 onward. Candidates will be needing to submit their applications in a stipulated period of time, along with the specified application form fee. No notification has yet been released stating the exact application fee and its various modes of payment available to a candidate. It will be updated on this page as soon as the official notification is released regarding the same.
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Admit Cards
After one has successfully submitted his/her application form on the official website www.ipu.ac.in, a candidate will be able to download his/her admit cards for the entrance. Candidates need to log in as per the dates mentioned by the University and retrieve their admit cards. One must download sufficient copies of it before the link expires. Your IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Admit Cards would contain some details like the applicant’s name, category, exam date, time, venue, paper code, center code, courses applied for, photography, signature,etc., which makes it an important document. Like any other University, IPU too specifies that a candidate will be prohibited to enter the exam premises without a valid IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Admit Card.
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Exam Pattern
As you have a year in hand to appear for IPU CET 2019 M.Tech, you can start using this time, to prepare accordingly. To know the examination pattern of the entrance who would be appearing for eases your preparations like a pro! The same applies to clear IPU CET 2019 M.Tech. Check the total number of questions that will be asked and prepare yourself mentally to time it. Check the exam pattern details from below.
- Mode of Exam – Offline (OMR Response Sheets will be provided at every designated center)
- Medium Of Language – English
- Duration – 2.5 Hours
- Number Of Questions To Be Attempted – 150 questions
- Type Of Questions – 150 questions
- Maximum Marks – 600 marks
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Prescribed Syllabus
Candidates need to start preparing as per the official syllabus released by the University. All the questions that will be asked in the exam will be coming from this syllabus. So, it is advised to prepare a preparation strategy so that you are able to cover all the important topics listed in the prescribed syllabus.
- For M.Tech in Computer Science, Electronics and Communications, Chemical Engineering and Tool Engineering( Production & Industrial Engineering), the University prescribes to prepare the GATE syllabus.
- For M.Tech in Nano Science & Technology, Engineering Physics and Robotics & Automation and Engineering Physics candidates will be able to view the detailed syllabus from the link provided below.
How To Prepare For IPU CET 2019 M.Tech
Every candidate will be advised to focus on the core subjects( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology) of the M.Tech specialization, one is appearing for. One should also have the knowledge of his/her graduation level study. Remember, smart work along with hard work will help you achieve some great scores in the exam. Don’t go for rot learning always, try to understand some of the concepts. These are some other preparation tips that we feel would surely help you:
- Prepare from authentic books only. Don’t waste your time searching for other local books.
- Get into the habit of making notes. It does help with your last minute revision sessions!
- Solve as much as practice papers, mock test papers, previous years papers and sample papers as you can.
- Time and accuracy both should be equally valued to clear this entrance.
- As more than one discipline needs to be mastered in order to clear the entrance, make sure you devote equal time to each. Divide your time throughout the day, accordingly to prepare.
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Answer Key
The University will be releasing the official answer after it is done conducting the entrance across Delhi. With the help of the IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Answer Key, one will be able to estimate the number of correct or wrong responses that one has given in the entrance. And will thereby be able to estimate the chances of qualifying for the further admission rounds. The official IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Answer key will be released as a scanned copy of the OMR response sheet.
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Result/ Seat Allocation Round
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Result IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Result IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Result will be made available on the official website. As per official dates released, the University will be activating a link to check the result. Candidates will be required to log in with their provided credentials in order to view their results. On this basis, merit lists will be prepared and released. One by one, after the merit lists are released, candidates will be called to freeze the seat allotted to them, if he/she is satisfied with it. To freeze a seat, a candidate needs to pay off the admission fee of the course. If a candidate is not been able to freeze the seats in the allotted time period, the seat will be passed on to the next best candidate. Note that, no special notification will be provided individually to a candidate. Candidates need to keep a check on the official page or this page for any updates.
Note that, firstly the seats will be allotted to the GATE qualified candidates, after a round of counseling. In case of any vacancy, it will be further distributed on the basis of merit among the candidates who had appeared for IPU CET 2019 M.Tech.
IPU CET 2019 M.Tech Participating Colleges
Below we have mentioned a list of participating colleges where a candidate will be allotted a seat under a specific M.Tech discipline.
- Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies & Research, Geeta Colony, Delhi
- C-DAC, NOIDA (formerly Electronics Research & Development Centre of India) Govt. of India, NOIDA
- Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase – II, Delhi – 20
- University School of Chemical Technology (USCT), Delhi
If you have any queries or doubts regarding the IPUCET 2019 M.Tech Admissions, feel free to write it to us in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible! 😁
For more details on IPU CET 2019 for M.Tech – Download Information Brochure.
Official Website: www.ipu.ac.in