JEE Advanced 2018 is the Joint Entrance Exam for the admission into the undergraduate courses leading to a Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor Master’s Dual Degree in Engineering. This year IIT Kanpur was the organising this examination. And the examination was conducted on May 20, 2018. Now the official answer key of the examination is available. Using the same candidates can check their estimated scores. But candidates must also wait for the official result announcement, as marks obtained while checking the official answer key is just the estimated scores. After the result of JEE Advanced 2018, candidates need to appear for the counseling rounds.
For the first time, JEE Advanced will be held in the online mode. Admission to 10,998 seats will be based on the candidate’s performance in this examination. 23 IITs will intake admission after the counselling rounds. Know all details about JEE Advanced 2018 from this page below.
JEE Advanced 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 is basically an entrance exam for the admission in IITs (Indian Institute of Technology). All the qualified candidates of JEE Main 2018 can now check the schedule for JEE Advanced 2018 from the table below:
|JEE Advanced 2018||Important Dates|
|Online Application Form begins||02 May 2018|
|Last Date of Application Form||07 May 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||08 May 2018|
|Date of Admit Card||14 May 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test
|| 20 May 2018
|Date of Result||10 Jun 2018|
Read the application process given below, and press the “Apply Online Now” to start the application process.
Admit card of JEE Advanced 2018
Admit Card of JEE advanced is available only to those who have successfully registered themselves for Advanced. The admit card is available online on the official website www.jeeadv.ac.in. displaying your name, Enrollment number of JEE Advanced, photograph, the signature of yours, date of birth, the address of correspondence and your category.
It is strongly recommended to you to examine all your details mentioned over admit card. In case of any discrepancy in your admit card, you must contact the Chairman of JEE Advanced. Click the button below to get your JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card.
Application Form of JEE Advanced 2018
An application of JEE advanced for the academic year 2018-20 may consist of the steps which we are going to discuss in the below content.
Step1: On the first step no registration is needed, just sign in using your jee main 2018 roll number and password.
Step2: After successful login provides your basic information and the preferences of the cities for the day of examination.
Step3: Now, you need to upload the requisite documents as per mentioned above.
Step4: After successful uploading documents you need to make payment online according to which category you belong to.
The application fee for this year may vary. But in order to have an idea about it take a look at the table as shown below:
|For Indian Nationals (Including PIO / OCI) at the Examination centres in India|
|Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 300|
|SC / ST / PwD candidates||INR 1300|
|All other candidates||INR 2600|
|For Foreign Nationals (Including PIO / OCI) at the examination centres in India|
|Candidates from SAARC Countries||USD 160|
|candidates From Non- SAARC Countries||USD 300|
|For Indian Nationals (Including PIO / OCI) at the Examination centres in Foreign countries|
|All Indian Nationals||USD 160|
|For Foreign Nationals (Including PIO / OCI) at the examination centres in Foreign Countries|
|Candidates From SAARC Countries||USD 160|
|Candidates From Non-SAARC Countries||USD 300|
Eligibility Criteria of JEE Advanced 2018
Individuals belonging to Indian Nationals and Foreign Nationals can check their eligibility criteria from the following.
For Indian Nationals (Including PIO/OCI)
- Performance In JEE Mains- For appearing in JEE advanced 2018 you must be among the 2,24,000 after JEE Mains (Paper 1). However, a certain percentage must be set for different categories such as 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and the remaining 50.5% is OPEN for all. Also, 5% horizontal reservation is available for
- Age Limit- You must be born on or after October 1, 1993. But for Sc/ST five year relaxation is given to them means that they must be born on or after October 1, 1998.
- Number of Attempts- You will be allowed to appear for JEE advanced 2018 for Maximum two times in two consecutive years.
- Appearance in Class 12th or Equivalent- You must appear for 12th examination or equivalent for the first time in 2018 / 2018.
- Admission in IITs Earlier- If in any case, you accepted an admission in either IIT earlier then you are not eligible to appear in an entrance test.
For Foreign Nationals
- Nationality- You will consider under the category of foreign Nationals only if you are NOT citizens of India (by birth or naturalized), do not belong to OCI/PIO category, and your parents are not citizens of India and do not come under OCI/PIO category at the time of registering for JEE (Advanced) 2018.
- Reservation Of Seats- Foreign nationals are outside the extent of reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD(Persons with Disability) categories as mandated by Govt. of India.
- Appearance in JEE Mains- If you fall into the category of foreign national then you will not be required to write JEE (Main) 2018 and may register for JEE (Advanced) 2018 directly subject to fulfilment of other eligibility criteria.
- Identity Proof- Identity proof of both yours and your parents are required in the form of citizenship certificate/Passport.
Examination pattern of JEE Advanced 2018
In this section, we are going to discuss the pattern of the question paper of JEE Advanced 2018.
- Question Papers: JEE advanced consists of two papers- Paper1 and Paper 2. As per the rule both the paper are equally important and compulsory to attempt.
- Sections: The question paper of JEE Advanced 2018 consists of basically 3 sections namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Type of Questions: JEE advanced may consist of the multiple choice type questions in order to test your reasoning, analytical ability and many more.
- Mode of Examination: JEE Advanced 2018 entrance exam may be CBT that is Computer Based Test.
- Duration of Examination: 3 hours or 180 minutes are provided for the completion of the examination.
- Marking Scheme: There is a negative marking in JEE Advanced 2018 examination as per the instructions mentioned at the time of Examination.
Services of Scribe: The services of a scribe are available only to those PwD candidates who are visually impaired OR dyslexic OR have a disability in the upper limbs or have lost fingers/hands. PwD candidates have given the permission that who so ever use the services of a scribe will get one-hour compensatory time for the examination.
Syllabus Of JEE Advanced 2018
As we have already mentioned JEE advanced 2018 question paper consists of mainly 3 sections such as- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Now, we are going to see what topics are covered under each section.
The chemistry section is basically divided into the three parts- physical chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry- General topics, Gaseous and Liquid states, Atomic Structure and Chemical bonding, Energetics, Chemical Equibrilium, Electro Chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Solid state, Solutions, surface Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry.
- Inorganic chemistry- Isolation/Preparation and properties of Non-Metals, Preparation and properties of Compounds, Transition Elements, Preparation and properties of oxides and chlorides, ores and minerals, Extractive metallurgy, principles of qualitative analysis.
- Organic Chemistry- Main Concept, Preparation Properties and Reaction of Alkanes, Preparation Properties and Reaction of Alkenes and Alkynes, Reactions of Benzene, Phenols, Characteristics reactions of Alkyl Halides and Carboxylic acids, Carbohydrates, Amino Acids and peptides, Properties and uses of some polymers, practical organic chemistry.
The mathematics syllabus covers the topics which we listed below. You can check all the topics from the list below.
- Analytical Geometry
- differential calculus
- Integral calculus and vectors.
Following are the topics in the section of physics which must be prepared before appearing in the examination.
- General Mechanics
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics.
Result of JEE Advanced 2018
A result of JEE Advanced 2018 will be displayed online on its official website. The result of JEE Advanced will display the all India rank in accordance with the category you belong to. The Notification of the declaration of result will be notified to you through Email or Sms. You can download your result by visiting the official website. A window will open. You need to enter your application number and your date of birth same as you provided while filling up an application form. As you log in your result will appear displaying your All India Rank.
Rank List of JEE Advanced 2018
JEE Advanced rank list is prepared on the basis of the scores secured in an entrance test. There is a tie situation if the aggregate marks scored by two or more candidates are same. Tiebreak will be done on the basis of the higher positive marks awarded. If it continues then higher marks in mathematics considered and still if it continues then higher marks in physics is considered. And if there is still tie then the equal rank will be awarded to both. There will be no waiting list for ranking.Reservation of Seats of JEE Advanced 2018JEE Advanced 2018 admitted reservation of seats for the Indian Nationals only in accordance with the rule of the Government of India.
JEE Advanced 2018 Answer Key
Once you attempt both the papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2 your responses will be recorded. You will be notified through the electronic mail sent to your registered mail id. The answer key of both the papers will be displayed online on its official website. You have given an opportunity to submit your feedback against it at the specified period of time.
JEE Advanced 2018 cut off
The cut-off for JEE Advanced 2018 is the minimum marks set by a respective conducting body. For attaining admission in the desired IITs you must satisfy the cut-off. All those who are having marks equal to or above than the cut-off are only eligible for an admission through JEE advanced. The list of cut-off will displayed comprising different minimum marks for different categories. Merit list of JEE Advanced will be prepared as per the decided cut-off.
Official website: jeeadv.ac.in