JEE Advance 2019 Result is expected to be declared in the 1st week of June 2019. JEE Advanced 2019 Results will be highly anticipated by the candidates who have appeared in the JEE Advanced 2019 Examination. And why not? The result of most prestigious and challenging exam in the country is obvious to be highly anticipated across the nation. The Answer Key will be available for the estimation of the scores, but the official result that will include the individual Rank Card and Rank List will be available as per schedule. From this article, you can get all the important details about the JEE Advanced 2019 Result, read below.
JEE Advanced 2019 Result
The JEE Advanced 2019 Result will be published in two forms: Rank Card and Rank List (AIR). The Rank Card is individual score details and the Rank List or AIR is the list of all the candidates arranged in accordance with the aggregate marks that they score in the JEE Advanced 2019 Examination. The below table indicates the expected schedule of JEE Advanced 2019 Result:
|JEE Advanced 2019 Examination||2nd week of May 2019|
|JEE Advanced 2019 Result||1st week of Jun 2019|
Result: JEE Advanced 2019 Result will be avilable at www.jeeadv.ac.in.
How to check JEE Advanced 2019 Result
You will be notified about the announcement of the JEE Advanced 2019 Result via SMS on your registered mobile number. But you will not be sent individual Rank Cards via mail. Thus keep a trcak of the result declaration on this page or on the official website.
The steps to check the results are given below:
- Visit the official webiste jeeadv.ac.in or access the link that we will provide above on this page as per the schedule.
- On the open window enter your Registration Number and your Date of Birth in the specified field.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your Rank Card will appear on the screen. Download the same and print it for future references.
JEE Advanced 2019 Rank List
Rank List of JEE Advanced 2019 will be made available on the official portal. The rank lists will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates. Followinf points describe the preparation of JEE Advanced 2019 Rank Lists:
- Only candidates who appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be considered for ranking.
- The marks obtained by a candidate in Physics in JEE Advanced 2019 will be the sum of the marks scored in Physics part of Paper 1 plus the marks scored in Physics part of Paper 2. Marks obtained in Chemistry and Mathematics will be calculated in the same way.
- The aggregate marks means the total marks in all the 3 subjects: Physics, chemistry and Mathematics.
- Rank Lists will be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks.
- Their will be a tie breaking policy, if the aggregate marks of any candidate is same.
- There will be no wait list.
- Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each subject and in aggregate will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks varies with the category.
Minimum Aggregate Marks Required in JEE Advanced 2019
Following table indicates the minimum aggreagate marks that is needed to be scored by any candidate to be included in the Rank Lists. The minimum aggregate marks is different for all the categories. Refer to the table below:
|Rank List||Minimum Percentage of Marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common PWD rank list(CRL -PwD)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC- PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST- PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75|
Tie Breaking policy of JEE Advanced 2019
If the aggregate marks of any candidates is found same a tie breaking policy will be followed to award the ranks. The policy is described in the points below:
- Candidates having higher positive marks will be awarded higher rank. If the step 1 is not applicable or fails then step 2 will be applied.
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics. If this does not break the tie, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Physics. If there is a tie even after this, candidates will be assigned the same rank.
After JEE Advanced 2019 Result
After the results are out, the qualifying candidates will have to register for JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) Counselling. The JoSAA couselling dates will be announced in the 2nd week of June. You will have to register online, go through choice filling process where you will have to choose the programme and the IIT that you woud like take admission into. After the couselling process is over, the admission process is concluded.
Candidates will be able to choose among the following courses offered by the IITs across the nation:
- Bachelors (4 year)- B.Tech, B.S., B.Pharma
- Bachelors (5 year)- B.Arch
- Dual Degree (5 year)- B.Tech- M.Tech, B.S. – M.S.
- Integrated Masters (5 year)- M.Tech, M.Sc., M.Pharm Dual Degree