JEE Advanced 2019 – Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee had released the JEE Advanced 2019 Result. JoSAA the conducting body of the counselling for JEE candidates has now released the seat allotment for Round 1 on the official web portal. Paper 1 for JEE Advanced was held from 09:00 AM to 12:00 noon and Paper 2 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. The exam has been held for the candidates who qualified the JEE Main 2019 exam for admission in Bachelor’s, Integrate Master’s, Dual Degree program that is offered by all the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). Know more details about JEE Advanced from this page.
JEE Advanced 2019
The JEE Advanced 2019 Official Website is jeeadv.ac.in. IIT Roorkee has updated all the information on its website. The details regarding the exam and dates are available below.
|JEE Advanced 2019||Important Dates|
|Online Registration Starts from (foreign nationals)||22 Apr 2019|
|Online Registration Starts from||03 May 2019|
|Last date to register||09 May 2019|
|Last date for fee payment for registered candidates||10 May 2019|
|Last date to register for candidates from Odisha State||14 May 2019|
|Last date for fee payment for registered candidates||10 May – 14 May 2019|
|Admit card availability||20 May – 27 May 2019|
|Copy of candidate responses to be sent to the candidates||29 May – 01 Jun 2019|
|Publishing of Answer Key||04 Jun 2019|
|Submitting objection in the Answer Key||04 – 05 2019|
|Last date to upload certificates||07 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of Results||14 Jun 2019|
|JoSAA Counselling||16 Jun – 23 Jul 2019|
IIT JEE / JoSAA Counselling 2019
Seat Allotment result has been released by JoSAA.All the candidates who have qualified the JEE Advanced 2019 Examination and are eligible for admission have to participate in the joint seat allocation process by filling in their choices of the courses. The detailed instructions for filling-in the choices and the seat allotment procedure has been made available by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) through Seat Allotment Brochure. The Brochure has been uploaded as per the schedule and also available below:
Guidelines & Schedule for JoSAA Counselling
- Click Here to Request the Withdrawal of Allotted Seats.
- Click Here to check the Round 2 Seat Allotment
- Click here to check the Top 20 Percentile Cutoff Marks for NIT and System (Out of 500) as Received from Different Boards/ Councils.
- Click here for JoSAA 2019 Candidate Login.
- Click here to check the top 20 percentile Cut Off Marks category wise for 2018.
JEE Advanced Seat Matrix By JoSAA
- The candidates can download the above Seat Matrix PDF of JoSAA 2019 here – JoSAA 2019 Seat Matrix
- Click Here to check detailed seat matrix released by JoSAA 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019 Rank Card and Rank List
JEE Advanced 2019 Rank Cards and Rank List (AIR) has been published separately online after the successful completion of the JEE Advanced 2019 examination. Following points must be noted by the candidates regarding the result of JEE Advanced 2019:
- The Rank Cards is available online only. It will not be sent to the candidates individually by any other means.
- After the Rank Cards are uploaded, the All India Rank List will be uploaded category-wise.
- However, qualifying in JEE Advanced (2019), filling up choices and/or participating in the joint seat allocation process does not guarantee a candidate to get admission in IITs. Admission will depend on the availability of seats during various rounds of seat allocation.
Tie Breaking Rules:
- The candidate who gets the higher marks in Mathematics is given better rank.
- If the tie is still there, then the candidate with higher marks in Physics is given preference.
- If the tie persists, then the same rank will be awarded.
JEE Advanced Exam Date
The exam date for JEE Advanced has already been announced. Candidates can now check the schedule of the examination from below.
|JEE Advanced 2019||Session||Time||Exam Date|
|Paper 1||I||9:00 am to 12:00 pm||27 May 2019|
|Paper 2||II||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm||27 May 2019|
JEE Advanced Conducting Body / Organizing Institute
Even before official details of the exam are announced, students repeatedly inquire about organizing body of JEE Advanced. Agalsem was the first to predict that IIT Roorkee will conduct JEE Advanced 2019. The prediction was done on the basis of past year analysis and now it has been confirmed that IIT Roorkee is the exam conducting body for JEE Advanced 2019.
As we earlier stated that IIT Roorkee did not conduct the exam more than once, and IIT Delhi has conducted the exam in two consecutive years. Hence, as predicted, IIT Roorkee is the exam conducting body for JEE Advance this year.
|Name of IIT||Conducted JEE Advanced in|
|IIT Kharagpur||2006, 2014|
|IIT Bombay||2007, 2015|
|IIT Roorkee||2008, 2019 (confirmed)|
|IIT Guwahati||2009, 2016|
|IIT Madras||2010, 2017|
|IIT Kanpur||2011, 2018|
|IIT Delhi||2012, 2013|
You are eligible for JEE Advanced 2019 only if you fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should be among the top 2,45,000 (including all categories) in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2019.
- Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1994. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1989.
- A candidate who has already attempted JEE Advanced 2 times is not eligible to apply. The maximum number of attempts is 2.
- A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2018 or 2019.
- A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program OR accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled after joining any IIT are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019 Application Form
To apply for JEE Advanced 2019 it is important that you have cleared the JEE Main Paper 1. You will need to know whether or not you are eligible for JEE Advanced 2019. Read the eligibility criteria above. Below image will guide you through the Admission Process of JEE Advanced 2019:
Steps For JEE Advanced Registration
- Step 1: Candidates will have to register themselves on the online portal first.
- Step 2: After the successful Registration, you will have to log in. Candidates need to login using the generated username and password.
- Step 3: After login, provide the basic data and the choices of the cities for the examination.
- Step 4: Upload the scanned copies of all the requisite documents. List of documents to be uploaded can be checked here.
- Step 5: Pay registration fee. The fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
Registration Fee for Examination Centres in India
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1300|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1300|
|All Other Candidates||NR 2600|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
Registration Fee for Examination Centres in Foreign countries
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||All Indian Nationals||USD 75|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 75|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 150|
The JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus is structured to analyse the in-depth knowledge of the Candidates. The syllabus includes some advanced topics that JEE Main syllabus don’t covers. There are many differences that you will find in the JEE Advanced syllabus if you will compare it with the JEE Main Syllabus.
|JEE Advanced 2019 important topics for Chemistry|
|Gaseous and Liquid State|
|Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding|
|Isolation/Preparation and Properties of the Non-Metals|
|Preparation and Properties of the Compounds|
|Transition Elements (3d Series)|
|Preparation and properties of the following compounds|
|Ores and Minerals|
|Principles of Qualitative Analysis|
|Preparation, Properties, and Reactions of Alkanes|
|Preparation, Properties, and Reactions of Alkenes and Alkynes|
|Reaction of Benzene|
|Amino acids and Peptides|
|Properties and uses of some important Polymers|
|Practical Organic Chemistry|
|JEE Advanced 2019 important topics for Mathematics|
|JEE Advanced 2019 important topics for Physics|
|Electricity and Magnetism|
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
The JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2019. The examination pattern of the JEE Advanced 2019 is described in the points below:
- Language of the Paper: English and Hindi
- Number of Papers: 02 (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
- Sections in Question Paper: 03 (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
- Duration of the Paper: 03 Hours Each
- Type of the Questions: MCQ/Numerical Answer Type
- Marking Scheme: May have the concept of Full marks, Partial marks, Zero marks, and Negative marks. The proper scheme is disclosed at the time of examination.
Note: Candidates must note that the exam pattern keeps on changing in terms of the Marking Scheme and Number of Questions. The above-mentioned pattern remains the same.
Preparing for JEE Advanced 2019 Examination
JEE Advanced Preparation is not a child’s play. Only the best students qualify the JEE Main examination, and for JEE Advanced, you will have to be at the top of the game to get through the tough competition. Before you start preparing to clear JEE Advanced, it is a good idea to know the paper pattern and the important topics that are frequently asked in the exam.
Here are few tips to keep up with your JEE Advanced 2019 preparations.
- Know the pattern of examination, we have described it above for you.
- Know the syllabus, analyse it properly. Like, what new topics are included in the syllabus, which are the important ones and which are the toughest. Get JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus here.
- Make notes on which chapters you need to prepare first.
- Get a timetable prepared accordingly. Calculate the time you have and the number of chapters you need to cover. Set up a proper timetable and adhere to it no matter what.
- Stop thinking about the exam, just focus on the preparations. The focus should not divert as it will create anxieties.
- Practice a lot, dedicate the most percentage of the timetable to practicing Question Papers and Mock Tests.
- Do not fall into the temptations of solving questions that are not in the syllabus, you will be wasting your time and energy. Stick to the syllabus, it will be enough.
- Keep taking notes while you revise and read something new. Writing helps you to retain more information. These notes will, later on, help you with quick revisions.
- Talk to the experts and know the proper study materials for JEE Advanced 2019 preparations.
- Keep clarifying your doubts from your mentors as and when you get them. Don’t leave it for later as it will pile up.
- Self -study is what makes your preparation p[erfect. Many toppers believe that coaching and schools don’t let you analyse your true potential. It can only be analysed by you. Coachings are just to help you.
Tips from JEE Advanced 2017 Topper: Sarvesh Mehtani
Sarvesh Mehtani scored a total of 339 marks in JEE Advanced 2017. He said to The Hindu: “There will always be a point where others will know more than you do. Do not let it affect you. Go to that person and learn what they know.”
While sharing how he prepared for JEE Advanced 2019, Sarvesh Mehtani said:
“In addition to the school hours and the private coaching classes, I used to study for five-six hours. On a holiday, I would study for 8-10 hours.”
JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card
JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card contains all the details about the examination center and Examination schedule. Make sure you don’t miss the deadline for the admit card download as there is no other way to get your admit card. To get the admit card of JEE Advanced 2019 candidates have to log in and access the same. It is important the candidates preserve their Admit Card even after the examination.
The IITs has reserved the following number of seats for the different categories as mentioned below.
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Economically Weaker Section*||upto 10%|
|Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Persons with Disability (PWD)in each of OPEN, OBC-NCL, SC and ST category seats||5%|
*Note: this percentage has been divided by individual IITs into two years and for 2019 it is coming out to be 4%). The percentage of the reservation of seats for the session 2019-20 in every course will be reflected in the seat matrix of each individual IITs. The benefit of reservation will be given only to those General category candidates who satisfy the condition issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
JEE Advanced 2019 Opening And Closing Ranks
IITs releases the opening and closing ranks for filling seats via JEE Advanced. Thus, each IIT releases their opening and closing ranks for admission. Below are the past year’s opening and closing ranks:
The IITs that will take admission to their various undergraduate courses on the basis of JEE Advanced 2019 performance are:
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||Kharagpur||IITKGP*|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar||Bhubaneswar||IITBBS|
|Indian Institute of Technology (ISM)||Dhanbad||IIT (ISM)|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||Kanpur||IITK*|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai||Bhilai||IITBH|
|Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)||Varanasi||IIT (BHU)|
|Indian Institute of Technology Indore||Indore||IITI|
|Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||New Delhi||IITD*|
|Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||Jammu||IITJM|
|Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur||Jodhpur||IITJ|
|Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati||Guwahati||IITG*|
|Indian Institute of Technology Patna||Patna||IITP|
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||Roorkee||IITR*|
|Indian Institute of Technology Mandi||Mandi||IITMandi|
|Indian Institute of Technology Ropar||Ropar||IITRPR|
|Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad||Hyderabad||IITH*|
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras||Chennai||IITM|
|Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad||Palakkad||IITPKD|
|Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati||Tirupati||IITTP|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||Mumbai||IITB*|
|Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad||Dharwad||IITDWD|
|Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar||IITGN|
|Indian Institute of Technology Goa||Goa||IITGOA|
- IISER, Pune, Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research
- IISc, Bangalore, Indian Institute of Science
- IISER, Bhopal, Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research
- IIPE Visakhapatnam, Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy
- IISER, Kolkata, Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research
- IISER, Thiruvananthapuram, Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research.
- IIST, Thiruvananthapuram, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
- IISER, Mohali, Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research
- RGIPT, Rae Bareli, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology.
For More details regarding JEE Advanced 2019: Download Information Brochure
Official Website: www.jeeadv.ac.in