JEE Advanced 2019 – IIT Roorkee has released complete schedule for JEE Advanced 2019. Earlier, IIT-R announced that JEE Advanced will be held on May 19, 2019. However, now it has also informed the timing for Paper 1 and 2. Candidates who will apply for the exam will appear for Paper 1 in session I, which will be held from 09:00 am to 12:00 noon. The session II, for Paper 2, will be conducted from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Joint Entrance Exam Advanced, also know as IIT-JEE, is organised under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB). It is held for admission in Bachelor’s, Integrate Master’s, Dual Degree program that is offered by all the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). To appear for JEE Advanced 2019, candidates have to qualify JEE Main 2019. The application process for Main is over but the registration for the Advanced exam starts in May 2019. Know more details about JEE Advanced 2019 from this page.
JEE Advanced 2019
JEE Advanced 2019 Official Website: The official website of JEE Advanced 2019 is jeeadv.ac.in. IIT Roorkee is slowly updating information on it. We will keep on updating this page as per the latest details. The JEE Advanced 2019 exam date table is given below.
|JEE Advanced 2019||Important Dates|
|Online Registration Starts||1st week of May 2019|
|Online Registration Closes||1st week of May 2019|
|Last date for fee payment for registered candidates||1st week of May 2019|
|Admit Card||2nd week of May 2019|
|JEE Advanced 2019 Examination||19 May 2019|
|Copy of candidate responses to be sent to the candidates||2nd week of May 2019|
|Online display of answer keys||Last week of May 2019|
|Feedback and comments on answer keys from the candidates||Last week of May 2019|
|Results||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Seat Allotment (JoSAA Counselling)|
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Schedule
The exam date for JEE Advanced 2019 has already been announced. Candidates can now check the schedule of the examination from below.
|JEE Advanced 2019||Session||Time||Exam Date|
|Paper 1||I||9:00 am to 12:00 pm||19 May 2019|
|Paper 2||II||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm||19 May 2019|
JEE Advanced 2019 Conducting Body / Organizing Institute
Even before official details of the exam are announced, students repeatedly inquire about organizing body of JEE Advanced. Agalsem was the first to predict that IIT Roorkee will conduct JEE Advanced 2019. The prediction was done on the basis of past year analysis and now it has been confirmed that IIT Roorkee is the exam conducting body for JEE Advanced 2019.
As we earlier stated that IIT Roorkee did not conduct the exam more than once, and IIT Delhi has conducted the exam in two consecutive years. Hence, as predicted, IIT Roorkee is the exam conducting body for JEE Advance this year.
|Name of IIT||Conducted JEE Advanced in|
|IIT Kharagpur||2006, 2014|
|IIT Bombay||2007, 2015|
|IIT Roorkee||2008, 2019 (confirmed)|
|IIT Guwahati||2009, 2016|
|IIT Madras||2010, 2017|
|IIT Kanpur||2011, 2018|
|IIT Delhi||2012, 2013|
JEE Advanced 2019 Eligibility Criteria
You are eligible for JEE Advanced 2019 only if you fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should be among the top 2,24,000 (including all categories) in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2018.
- Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1994. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1989.
- A candidate who has already attempted JEE Advanced 2 times is not eligible to apply. The maximum number of attempts is 2.
- A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2018 or 2019.
- A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program OR accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled after joining any IIT are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2019.
JEE Advanced 2019 Application Form
To apply for JEE Advanced 2019 it is important that you have cleared the JEE Main Paper 1. You will need to know whether or not you are eligible for JEE Advanced 2019. Read the eligibility criteria above. Below image will guide you through the Admission Process of JEE Advanced 2019:
Steps For JEE Advanced 2019 Registration
- Step 1: Candidates will have to register themselves on the online portal first.
- Step 2: After the successful Registration, you will have to log in using the generated username and password.
- Step 3: After login, provide the basic data and the choices of the cities for the examination.
- Step 4: Upload the scanned copies of all the requisite documents.
- Step 5: Pay registration fee. The fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
Expected Registration Fee for Examination Centres in India
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1300|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1300|
|All Other Candidates||NR 2600|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 160|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 300|
Expected Registration Fee for Examination Centres in Foreign countries
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||All Indian Nationals||USD 160|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 160|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 300|
JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus
The JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus is structured to analyse the in-depth knowledge of the Candidates. The syllabus includes some advanced topics that JEE Main syllabus don’t. There are many differences that you will find in the JEE Advanced syllabus if you will compare it with the JEE Main Syllabus.
|JEE Advanced 2019 important topics for Chemistry|
|Gaseous and Liquid State|
|Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding|
|Isolation/Preparation and Properties of the Non-Metals|
|Preparation and Properties of the Compounds|
|Transition Elements (3d Series)|
|Ores and Minerals|
|Principles of Qualitative Analysis|
|Preparation, Properties, and Reactions of Alkanes|
|Preparation, Properties, and Reactions of Alkenes and Alkynes|
|Reaction of Benzene|
|Amino acids and Peptides|
|Properties and uses of some important Polymers|
|Practical Organic Chemistry|
|JEE Advanced 2019 important topics for Mathematics|
|JEE Advanced 2019 important topics for Physics|
|Electricity and Magnetism|
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Pattern
The JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2019. The examination pattern of the JEE Advanced 2019 is described in the points below:
- Language of the Paper: English and Hindi
- Number of Papers: 02 (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
- Sections in Question Paper: 03 (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics)
- Duration of the Paper: 03 Hours Each
- Type of the Questions: MCQ/Numerical Answer Type
- Marking Scheme: May have the concept of Full marks, Partial marks, Zero marks, and Negative marks. The proper scheme is disclosed at the time of examination.
Note: Candidates must note that the exam pattern keeps on changing in terms of the Marking Scheme and Number of Questions. The above-mentioned pattern remains the same.
Preparing for JEE Advanced 2019 Examination
JEE Advanced Preparation is not a child’s play. Only the best students qualify the JEE Main examination, and for JEE Advanced, you will have to be at the top of the game to get through the tough competition. Before you start preparing to clear JEE Advanced, it is a good idea to know the paper pattern and the important topics that are frequently asked in the exam.
Here are few tips to keep up with your JEE Advanced 2019 preparations.
- Know the pattern of examination, we have described it above for you.
- Know the syllabus, analyse it properly. Like, what new topics are included in the syllabus, which are the important ones and which are the toughest. Get JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus here.
- Make notes on which chapters you need to prepare first.
- Get a timetable prepared accordingly. Calculate the time you have and the number of chapters you need to cover. Set up a proper timetable and adhere to it no matter what.
- Stop thinking about the exam, just focus on the preparations. The focus should not divert as it will create anxieties.
- Practice a lot, dedicate the most percentage of the timetable to practicing Question Papers and Mock Tests.
- Do not fall into the temptations of solving questions that are not in the syllabus, you will be wasting your time and energy. Stick to the syllabus, it will be enough.
- Keep taking notes while you revise and read something new. Writing helps you to retain more information. These notes will, later on, help you with quick revisions.
- Talk to the experts and know the proper study materials for JEE Advanced 2019 preparations.
- Keep clarifying your doubts from your mentors as and when you get them. Don’t leave it for later as it will pile up.
- Self -study is what makes your preparation p[erfect. Many toppers believe that coaching and schools don’t let you analyse your true potential. It can only be analysed by you. Coachings are just to help you.
Tips from JEE Advanced 2017 Topper: Sarvesh Mehtani
Sarvesh Mehtani scored a total of 339 marks in JEE Advanced 2017. He said to The Hindu: “There will always be a point where others will know more than you do. Do not let it affect you. Go to that person and learn what they know.”
While sharing how he prepared for JEE Advanced 2019, Sarvesh Mehtani said:
“In addition to the school hours and the private coaching classes, I used to study for five-six hours. On a holiday, I would study for 8-10 hours.”
JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card
Your JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card will contain all the details about the examination center and Examination schedule. Make sure you don’t miss the deadline for the admit card download as there is no other way to get your admit card. To get the admit card of JEE Advanced 2019 candidates have to log in and access the same. It is important the candidates preserve their Admit Card even after the examination.
JEE Advanced 2019 Rank Card and Rank List
JEE Advanced 2019 Rank Cards and Rank List (AIR) will be published separately online after the successful completion of the JEE Advanced 2019 examination. Following points must be noted by the candidates regarding the result of JEE Advanced 2019:
- The Rank Cards will be available online only. It will not be sent to the candidates individually by any other means.
- After the Rank Cards are uploaded, the All India Rank List will be uploaded category-wise.
- However, qualifying in JEE Advanced (2018), filling up choices and/or participating in the joint seat allocation process does not guarantee a candidate to get admission in IITs. Admission will depend on the availability of seats during various rounds of seat allocation.
IIT JEE / JoSAA Counselling 2019
All the candidates who will qualify the JEE Advanced 2019 Examination and will be eligible for admission will have to participate in the joint seat allocation process by filling in their choices of the courses. The detailed instructions for filling-in the choices and the seat allotment procedure will be made available by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) through Seat Allotment Brochure. The Brochure will be uploaded as per the schedule and will be available online.
JEE Advanced 2019 Opening And Closing Ranks
IITs releases the opening and closing ranks for filling seats via JEE Advanced. Thus, each IIT releases their opening and closing ranks for admission. Below are the past year’s opening and closing ranks:
Participating IITs of JEE Advanced 2019
The IITs that will take admission to their various undergraduate courses on the basis of JEE Advanced 2019 performance are:
|Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University)||Varanasi||IIT (BHU)|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai||Bhilai||IITBhilai|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar||Bhubaneswar||IITBBS|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||Mumbai||IITB|
|Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||New Delhi||IITD|
|Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines)||Dhanbad||IIT (ISM)|
|Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad||Dharwad||IITDharwad|
|Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar||IITGN|
|Indian Institute of Technology Goa||Goa||IITGoa|
|Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati||Guwahati||IITG|
|Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad||Hyderabad||IITH|
|Indian Institute of Technology Indore||Indore||IITI|
|Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||Jammu||IITJammu|
|Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur||Jodhpur||IITJ|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||Kanpur||IITK|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||Kharagpur||IITKgp|
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras||Chennai||IITM|
|Indian Institute of Technology Mandi||Mandi||IITMandi|
|Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad||Palakkad||IITPKD|
|Indian Institute of Technology Patna||Patna||IITP|
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||Roorkee||IITR|
|Indian Institute of Technology Ropar||Ropar||IITRPR|
|Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati||Tirupati||IITTP|
Official Website: www.jeeadv.ac.in