JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 Result is now available on the official website, jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in. Also, the link to check the result is given below on this page. Candidates have to log in with their roll number and date of birth to check the Result. The Result of JEE Main 2018 displays the marks obtained in each subject of Paper 1, All India Rank and Category Rank. In addition to that, it also shows the qualifying status for JEE Advanced 2018. After that, candidates must download and print the scorecard / JEE Main 2018 Result to participate in the counselling.
Latest: JEE Main 2018 paper 1 Result has been announced at 6:30 PM. The wait is over now, the candidates can then check the result by following the direct link on this page below.
JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 Result
Candidates have been waiting for result date eagerly since the conclusion of JEE Main 2018 exams. The anticipation is high and thus get the direct link to check your JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 Result below. Click on the link beneath the table, to land on the result page. The Paper 2 Result will be declared later, next month.
|Name of paper||Date of exam||JEE Main 2018 Result Date|
|JEE Main Paper 1 (for BE / B.Tech)||08, 15, 16 Apr 2018||30 Apr 2018|
|JEE Main Paper 2 (for B.Arch / B.Plan)||08 Apr 2018||31 May 2018|
Official Website: jeemain.nic.in.
How to Check JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 Result – NEW!
To check the JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 Result, follow the steps given below:
- Click on any of the two links given above.
- Thereafter, the login window will open.
- If you access the CBSE link then enter the details like JEE Main 2018 Roll Number and date of birth.
- If you have opened the JEE Main website link, enter application number and password.
- Click on the “submit” button next.
- After that, your Result will appear on the screen in the form of Rank Card/Scorecard.
- Next, download the same and take a printout.
Details on the JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 Result
The following details will be available in the Result of JEE Main 2018:
- Roll Number
- Roll number
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- The state code of eligibility
- The marks obtained in paper 1 in physics
- Marks obtained in paper 1 in chemistry
- Marks obtained in paper 1 in mathematics
- Total Marks
- All India Rank
- Category rank
- Cut off score for appearing in JEE Advanced 2018
What to do if you Forgot your JEE Main 2018 Roll Number and Other Login Credentials?
To check the result it is important you have your login credentials ready. Thus, you will be needing the following to check result:
- JEE Main 2018 Roll Number
- Application Number
If you have misplaced any one of them, know how to retrieve them from below:
- Candidates can find their roll number on the JEE Main admit card. They can take out their admit card and find roll number on top. If admit card is not easily accessible, then you can again download it from jeemain.nic.in. So, to download admit card, log in using application number and password.
- If application number or password are lost, then candidates can access forgot password or forgot application number page at jeemain.nic.in.
Click Here to retrieve login details.
JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 All India Rank (AIR)
JEE Main 2018 All India Rank shows the position in the merit list. Also, it indicates the position of all candidates who have appeared for the exam. Whereas, category rank is rank within that category only. All India Rank of JEE Main 2018 will be used for admission through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFTIs, other colleges.
Tie Breaking for JEE Main Paper 1 AIR
CBSE has laid down the following rules to break a tie wherever two or more candidates obtain same marks in paper 1:
- First, marks in mathematics are considered. A candidate who has the higher score in paper 1 mathematics gets a better rank.
- After that marks obtained in physics are given importance. One with better marks in physics gets a higher rank.
- If the tie persists then ratio of positive marks and negative marks are calculated. One with more positive marks gets the higher rank.
- Thereafter even if the tie persists, then both students get the same rank.
JEE Main 2018 Cutoff
Well, in JEE Main every candidate is provided rank and score. Also, there is no pass or fail in this examination. But there are two types of cutoff ranks. Thus, read below to know about them.
Cutoff Type 1 (JEE Advanced qualifying Rank): Candidates having rank below this cutoff will be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced an will have the chance to take admission in the IITs.
Cutoff Type 2 (Opening Ranks and Closing Ranks): The participating institutes, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFTIs, other colleges of JEE Main 2018 decide these ranks. Also, these ranks are different for each institute and candidates falling between this ranks are called for counselling in the respective institutes. Although, the details of each institutes’ OR and CR will be available at the time of counselling.