JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction – National Testing Agency (NTA) has now opened a window to correct the category for the last time until April 17, 2019. Also, candidates will be required to log in using their application id and password to access the JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction window. Know how to make corrections in the application form, important documents required and other important instruction on this page below.
To make Corrections in the JEE Main 2020 Application Form – Click Here
JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction
JEE Main April 2019 Form Correction had to be taken very seriously. Those candidates who did not correct any mistake in their form, the wrong data has been considered the final one and will be used for verification during the admission process. The admit card which has been issued contains the data as furnished in the application form. Thus, make sure to utilise the JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction Window wisely.
|Event and Dates||JEE Main 2019 (January)||JEE Main 2019 (April)|
|JEE Main 2019 application form releases||01 Sep 2018||08 Feb 2019|
|Last date to apply online||30 Sep 2018||07 Mar 2019|
|Last date to pay fees||01 Oct 2018||08 Mar 2019|
|Application form correction window||08 – 14 Oct 2018||11 Mar – 15 Mar 2019|
Application Form Correction: Click here for category correction for JEE Main April 2019
How To Correct The Mistakes In JEE Main 2019 Application Form?
To be able to access the JEE Main 2019 Form correction window, candidates can follow the steps below:
- Click on the link provided above on this page.
- Now, on clicking the link you will be redirected to the JEE Main 2019 login page.
- Here, you have to enter your application form no and password.
- In doing so, the application form correction facility will appear on your screen
- Select the details that you wish to rectify or change.
- Make the correction and pay the requisite amount (if applicable).
- Finally, submit the changes.
What Details Can Be Changed In JEE Main 2019 Form Correction
There are the following details against which the candidates can make corrections in their JEE Main 2019 application form. These details include:
- Changing the choice of papers: Yes, you can change your paper choice from paper 1 to paper 2 or vice-versa. Also, candidates will be able to select both the papers if they have selected one earlier.
- Personal Details: Candidates will be able to correct any spelling mistakes in the personal details.
- Educational Details: All educational details are also changeable.
- The medium of examination: The language of the question paper can be also changed.
- Name, Date of Birth, and the State of Eligibility: These details are also changeable.
Fees For Making Changes
Candidates have to pay an extra amount to make changes in the following cases:
- Opting for both papers if you have opted for one earlier.
- Changing the category from SC/ST/Girls/PwD to General/OBC NCL
Note that, no refund of money will be made if you want to change the choice of papers from both to anyone.
Documents Needed For JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction Window
As per last year, candidates were provided the option to edit all their application details (including their personal details too). But, NTA has not yet released any information on what all details could be corrected. It will release a separate notification, once the correction window for JEE Main 2019 application gets activated. The details provided by the candidate should match to the document proofs. And the document proofs that will be required to refer are as follows:
- Class 10th Marksheet – For Correcting education related details
- Class 12th Marksheet – For Correcting education related details
- Government ID proof – For Correcting personal details
- JEE Main 2019 Information Brochure – For scanned copies of documents(signature,etc.), that needs to be uploaded.
Importance For JEE Main 2019 Correction Window
Amidst the JEE Main 2019 application procedure, candidates tend to freak out when they commit some error. As many details need to be filled in the JEE Main 2019 application, as per the guidelines laid down by the NTA. Sometimes, while filling in these details we knowingly or unknowingly end up committing some mistakes, which if not corrected can lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
The NTA is noble enough to be providing one more chance to the candidates for editing their application forms, after its submission. It will be making available a link for all its applicants 08 October 2018 onwards till 14 October 2018. Every applicant will be needing to log in to their application portals in order to access this link. Candidates need to rectify all their errors within this period itself. Check all the details edited, prior to its submission.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
All the corrections made will be reflected on your JEE Main 2019 Admit Card. This correction window was a much-needed provision so that no details could be printed wrong on your admit card. As the details mentioned on it will further be verified with a government id proof. In case of any details mismatching the original document proof, a candidature will get canceled.