JEE Main 2019 Criteria For Improvement Students – Are improvement marks eligible for JEE 2018? – This question might arise among every aspirant of JEE Main 2019, who have applied for improvement exam. Many JEE aspirant who look forward to taking admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs and other CFTIs apply for improvement marks if they do not achieve 75% in their boards. JEE Main 2019 AIR will not be based on class 12 marks, however, during the counselling rounds candidates have to produce their mark sheets bearing 75% marks or more. Now, there arise many confusions regarding the improvement criteria in JEE Main. Let us try to analyse all of them one by one. Keep reading!
JEE Main 2019 Criteria For Improvement Students
A notice on NTA JEE Main website reads – “JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.”
Candidates who have given improvement in all subjects or few subjects
Here is all you need to know about JEE Main 2019 Criteria for improvement in all the subjects and improvement in one or few subjects. As per the JEE Mains rules for improvement 2019, we have discussed the points of concern below:
- If a candidate passes Class 12 but writes one or a few subjects for improvement or any other reason, then top 20 percentile cut-off will be considered.
- However, if a candidate writes all the subjects then the best of the two performances will be considered.
- In case a Board does not provide information about the cut-off for the top 20 percentile, the candidate will have to produce a certificate from the respective Board stating that he/she falls within the top 20 percentile of successful candidates. If the candidate fails to do so, then the cut-off marks for the CBSE will be used.
- If a candidate has passed Class 12th/ Equivalent qualifying examination from one state but appeared for improvement from another state, their state code of eligibility will be from where they have originally passed Class 12th/ Equivalent qualifying examination and not the state from where they have appeared for improvement.
Summarising: You are eligible to appear in JEE Main if you are appearing in improvement. Also, your marks in improvement exams will be valid for admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs and other CFTIs. You have to produce the mark sheet for the improvement exam at the time of counselling/admission.
Changes in JEE Main improvement criteria 2019
Now that NTA is conducting JEE Main 2019 – Candidates may worry about changes in this area. We don’t think any change will be made. As other than the fact that JEE Main will be held twice a year and in online mode, everything else remains the same. Thus, candidates must not worry, the rules will remain the same. Until any further notice, JEE Main improvement criteria 2019 will not change.
JEE Main 2019 Other Eligibility Criteria
Apart from JEE Main improvement criteria 2019, there other important criteria of eligibility that one must fulfil. Candidates must check the following before they apply for JEE Main 2019:
- Date Of Birth
- Year of Qualifying Exam
- Number of Subjects in class 12
- The number of attempts you have made in JEE Main
- Read details on the above eligibility criteria of JEE main 2019 – Click Here