JEE Main 2019 Date And Shift – National Testing Agency (NTA) has now activated the link to check the allotted JEE Main 2019 Exam Date and Shift. The direct link to which is available on this page below. To check your allotted exam date, shift and time candidates have to just enter their application number and the allotted exam date, shift and time will appear on the screen. Candidates have to follow the allotment to appear in the exam. In addition to that, it is also made clear that the paper 2 of JEE Main 2019 will be held in 2 shifts but in one day only i.e. January 08, 2019. The paper 1 of JEE main 2019 is going to be held on different days between January 06 – 20, 2019. Read below to know more.
Apply for JEE Main 2020 – Click Here
JEE Main 2019 Date And Shift
The choice of selecting the 4 exam cities was only provided to the candidates at the time of filling up their applications online. Whereas there will not be any options provided to select the exam date and time slot (shift). The JEE Main 2019 Date And Shift is allotted by NTA, with the help of a computer software. This final allotment of date, time and centre will be printed on your admit card/hall ticket of JEE Main 2019. Candidates can have a look at the important dates related to JEE Main 2019 for both the sessions.
|JEE Main 2019||Dates of January Exam|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Date and Shift||Paper 1 (for B.E./B.Tech): 06 – 20 Jan 2019|
Paper 2 (for B.Arch/B.Plan): 08 Jan 2019
|Admit card issuing date||17 Dec 2018|
Check allotment: Click here to check your JEE Main 2019 Date And Shift.
You can comment below and let us know what exam date and slot you have been allotted. Thank You! 🙂
How To Check The Exam Date And Shift
To check the allotted exam date and shift candidates have to follow few steps as described below:
- Click on the direct link that is made available on this page above.
- On clicking the link, the following page will open, enter your application number and click on the search button.
- Your allotted exam date, shift and time will appear on the screen.
Notice From NTA Regarding The Date And Time Slot
After the release of the notice on September 02, 2018, candidates came to know about the following things:
- The final allotment of exam centres, date and time slots is done randomly allotted by computer software under the final decision of NTA.
- JEE Main 2019 Exam will be held on every weekend i.e Saturdays and Sundays, falling between the allotted exam period i.e between January 06 to 20, 2019.
- While Paper 1 aspirants will be allotted a time slot i.e between 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM or 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM, as per the number of applications received and availability. Whereas for candidates interested to appear for Paper 2, need to appear and complete their paper in 2 shifts in one day only.
Note that, the cities allotted to all the candidates appearing for Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be released by October 21, 2018.
NTA answers your question as to why the option for JEE Main 2019 Date and Shift has not been given to the candidates? Have a look!
JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction
NTA has finally closed its application process on October 01, 2018. After that, it will be giving all the applicants one last chance to correct their mistakes committed while filling their applications. JEE Main 1 application form correction window will remain open from October 08, 2018 to October 14, 2018. A candidate will be given the option to edit majorly all the details except for photograph and signature.
All details provided will be cross verified at the time of admissions to various IITs, NITs, and CFTIs or for applying in JEE Advanced 2019. So make sure you provide all the true and correct details of yours and make full use of the correction window. NTA is expected to release an official notice specifying what details could be edited on which days, over their official website.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
NTA will release the JEE Main 1 2019 admit cards over its official website. For the January session, it will be released on December 17, 2018, and for April session, it will be released on March 18, 2019. The final allotment of the exam date, time, centre and shift will be printed on the JEE Main 2019 admit card, along with some personal, educational and exam related details. Candidates will be required to login with their application ID and password to retrieve their admit cards. On the day of the exam, a candidate needs to carry a valid photo id proof, along with JEE Main 2019 admit card to the allotted centre. It is advised to every candidate to read the general instructions, prior to appearing for the actual exam.
Flow Of Events Of JEE Main 2019 On The Exam Day
On the day of the exam, candidates will have to carry their admit cards and appear on the exam as per a time schedule. Candidates must reach the allotted centre, on the allotted JEE Main 2019 Date And Shift. Below is a brief outline on what time schedule is to be followed by the candidates on the exam day.
|Dates of Examination||06 Jan 2019 (Sunday) to 20 Jan 2019 (Sunday)|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-1||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Paper-2||Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on the Drawing sheet|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m||2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|(a) Entry in the Examination Centre||7.30 a.m. – Up to 8.30 a.m.||12.30 p.m. – Up to 1.30 p.m|
|(b) Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.||1.45 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 a.m. to 9.15 a.m.||2.00 p.m. to 2.15 p.m.|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 a.m.||2.15 p.m.|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 a.m. to 9.25 a.m.||2.15 p.m. to 2.25 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9.30 a.m.||2.30 p.m.|
|Test Ends||12.30 p.m.||5.30 p.m.|
JEE Main 2019 – Major Highlights
Here are the important things to note about JEE Main 2019:
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting JEE Main from 2019 onwards.
- The exam will be now conducted twice and in online mode only.
- The eligibility criteria for B.Arch aspirants have been modified – Read more about it.
- Now there is no age limit to apply in JEE Main examination.
- There are no attempt limits in JEE Main, candidates who have qualified their class 12 exams in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main.
- Normalisation of marks has been introduced.