Eligibility Criteria is a very important factor to get admission in any of the course. To apply for the entrance exam, the candidates should check the eligibility criteria first. JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria has been decided by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria will contain the date of birth, Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination, Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination, Number of Attempts. You can also check the Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs and also the Eligibility for Admission to Other Institutions. JEE Main 2019 will be conducted in the month of April 2019. For the application process, JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria plays an important role. Thus it is mandatory for the candidates to check the eligibility. For more information about JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria, you can scroll down the page.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria has included many factors. So it is important to take care while checking the eligibility criteria. You get more information regarding the JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria from this page.
Eligibility for appearing in JEE Main 2019
You can check the factors for the Jee Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria from the points given below.
Date of Birth: You can check the details about date of birth from the points given below:
- The candidate must have born on or after October 01, 1994.
- Those who belong to SC/ ST/ PWD Category will get the relaxation of 5 years in the upper age.
- The date of birth will be considered of the Secondary Education Board/University certificate.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination: Only those candidates are eligible who:
- have passed Class 12 or any equivalent qualifying examination in the year 2017 or in 2018.
- Those who are appearing in Class 12 or any equivalent exam in the year 2018.
- The Candidates are not eligible for JEE Main 2019 who passed Class 12 or equivalent qualifying exam in 2016 or before and who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later.
- The candidates who have not passed such exams in 2015 but get passed in 2016 are also not eligible.
The number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination: The details about this criteria are given below:
- Candidates must have 5 subjects in class 12.
- Those who had only 4 subjects in 12 class are not eligible for JEE Main 2019.
Number of Attempts: The candidates who are willing to give JEE Main 2019 are being informed that there will be only three attempts permitted for the candidates.
The number of Attempts and Age limit for the states of Madhya Pradesh and Odisha: These two states have joined JEE Main in the year 2014. So the eligibility criteria will remain same as the state level examination i.e. the eligibility criteria of the past state level exam will be applicable for JEE Main.
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through Seat Allocation Board
The admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank. The candidates must have secured minimum 75% marks in class 12 or they should be in the top 20 percentile in class 12. The candidates who will belong to SC/ST category should have minimum 65% marks in class 12. The candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the different courses from the table below:
|B.E / B.Tech||Candidate must have passed 10+2 exam with the subjects Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|B.Arch. / B. Planning||Candidate must have passed class 12 with Mathematics subjects.|
Eligibility for Admission to Other Institutions: For the admission in other Institutes the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can be taken in the counselling through JOSAA / CSAB. The state can also prepare the merit list based on the criteria decided by them.