JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Few major changes have been made in JEE main 2019 eligibility norms. As per the information brochure of JEE Main 2019 released by NTA, age limit and attempt limits has been modified. Now, these changes in no way will harm the aspirants of JEE Main 2019. However, knowing them is important. Thus, on this page, we have laid down the new JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria. Knowing the JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria is the first step towards admission to the IITs, NITS, and CFTIs of the nation. Thus, let us dig up the details on each of the eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfill to be able to sit in the examination. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main will be conducted in the month of January and April 2019. Therefore, all aspiring candidates clear all confusions regarding JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria on this page below.
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria includes several factors. the following points will brief how to check whether or not you are eligible for JEE Main 2019:
- Date of Birth
- Appearance in Qualifying Examination
- Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination
- Number of Attempts
For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main examination 2019.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE)
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in both January 2019 and April 2019 JEE(Main)-2019 Examination.
Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE)
Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2019.
Relaxation in Eligibility for appearing in JEE Main 2019
Date of Birth: Not applicable, as there is no age limit.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination: No Relaxation
- List of Qualifying Examinations: To be eligible for JEE Main 2018, the students should qualify for any of the following exams as given below
- Class 12 board exam which any recognized central/ state Board conducts; such as CBSE, ISCE.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination which a recognized Board/ University holds.
- The final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ University/ Board examination in India or in any foreign country which the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) recognizes as equivalent to the 12th standard.
- List of Qualifying Examination Recognised by IITs: There are certain qualifying exams which only IITs recognise:
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- A Diploma which AICTE recognizes or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate
- Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- If the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, then the student should have passed at least one public either Board or Pre-University examination at an earlier level.
The number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination: No Relaxation
The combination of subjects that the candidates must have included in class 12 for being able to take admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs, IIITs and other participating institutes are:
- For BE / B.Tech Courses
- In addition to any one of the following from Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical vocational subject
- Any other subject
- For B.Arch / B.Planning Courses
Mathematics subject along with the required percentage of marks in total including five subjects.
- For B.Arch admissions, until 2018, only Mathematics was mandatory at 10+2 level for admission. But from 2019 academic session candidates who wish to take admission in B.Arch courses must have Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects at 10+2 level.
Number of Attempts: Candidates can appear in both the JEE Main 2019 exam or in any one of them.
Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through Seat Allocation Board
The admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating through Central Seat Allocation Board will be based on All India Rank. Although there are some other eligibility criteria that these institutes demand, they are:
- The candidates must have secured minimum of 75% marks in class 12 or they should be in the top 20 percentile in class 12.
- The candidates who will belong to SC/ST category should have minimum 65% marks in class 12.
- For B.Arch admission, 50% marks in PCm and 50% marks in aggregate is manadatory at 10+2 level.
The candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the different courses from the table below:
|B.E / B.Tech||Candidate must have passed 10+2 exam with the subjects Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|B.Arch. / B. Planning||Candidate must have passed class 12 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects.|
Eligibility for Admission to Other Institutions: For the admission in other Institutes the above-mentioned eligibility criteria can be taken in the counselling through JOSAA / CSAB. The state can also prepare the merit list based on the criteria decided by them.
FAQs related To JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
These are the few latest inquiries that we have received regarding JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria. If you have more queries do ask in the comments below. we will address them! 😀
Q: I am going to give my 3rd attempt in 2019, but today I read in the newspaper that Jee Mains will be conducted in December this year (2018). If I want to give the exam next year in April by skipping one attempt, which is going to held in December, will I be able to give the exam?
A: To be very clear JEE main will not be conducted in December 2018 (Know why?). And there is no change in the number of attempts. JEE Main can be attempted thrice. So if you have not crossed the three times limit, you can appear in JEE Nain in April 2019.
Q: I’m planning to give JEE Main the third shot, will there be any problem regarding the number of times I could appear in JEE Main. As of now, it’s 3 consecutive times, will there be any change regarding this?
A: The number of times you can take JEE Main is 3 times and it is still the same. There are no changes in the number of attempts. Keep preparing as you would. No changes are made in this area.
Q: Will percentage criteria of 75% can come to 65% in jee mains 2019?
A: No. In 2019 too, the criteria remain the same.
Q: My 12th percentage is 74.20% and PCM is 76% Am I eligible for admission to NIT via JEE Main 2019?
A: No. The overall percentage must be 75% minimum. Overall percentage means the percentage of all the 5 subjects combined.