JEE Main 2019 Exam Date – National Testing Agency has recently announced the new schedule for JEE Main 2019 Exam Date. After receiving some queries from students regarding the exact exam date and time, the National Testing Agency has confirmed that the exact dates will be out once they receive all the applications through a computer software. Earlier, it had announced that it will conduct JEE Main 2019 twice a month and in online mode only. The first examination will be in the month of January 2019 and the second one in the month of April 2019. The application form for the examination in the month of January 2019 will start in September 2018. Candidates will apply online, collect their admit card, and appear in the exam. Below we have mentioned the JEE Main 2019 Exam Date.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Date
The JEE Main 2019 application process has already commenced over jeemain.nic.in. Candidates have been given an ample of one month to fill and submit their forms. These were the dates announced respectively for JEE Main 2019 January and April sessions.
Candidates who fill out and submit their applications before the last date and are able to retrieve their admit cards will be able to appear for the entrance examinations, as per the dates mentioned below.
|JEE Main 2019||Dates of January Exam||Dates of April Exam|
|TPC registration starts||01 Sep 2018||08 Feb 2019|
|Application Starts from||01 Sep 2018||08 Feb 2019|
|Last date to apply||30 Sep 2018||07 Mar 2019|
|Application Fees can be paid until||01 Oct 2018||08 Mar 2019|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website only||08 – 14 Oct 2018||–|
|Admit card issuing date||17 Dec 2018||18 Mar 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Date||06 – 20 Jan 2019|
|Declaration of Answer Keys||To be announced!||To be announced!|
|Declaration of Result||31 Jan 2019||30 Apr 2019|
JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 Schedule
- As it is clear from the announcement that, JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 will be held in 2 shifts.
- Shift 1 will be from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and shift 2 will be held from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
- All shifts will be in Computer-based Test mode only.
JEE Main 2019 Paper 2 Schedule
- As per the notice, the paper 2 exam will be in online mode, except for the drawing section which will be in pen and paper mode.
- There will be only one shift for the Paper 2 exam of JEE Main 2019.
How To Select JEE Main 2019 Date And Shift?
You cannot do so! You can only select your preferred exam center. The final allotment of JEE Main 2019 exam date, time and center will be done with the help of a computer software by the NTA.
- JEE Main 2019 Shift – Paper 1 will be held in 2 shifts. One in the morning shift i.e 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and other in the afternoon shift i.e 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. The NTA will be allotting any one of these time slots to the candidates appearing for Paper 1. While candidates appearing for Paper 2 will be required to attempt their paper in only one sitting.
- JEE Main 2019 Exam Date – Although, the NTA has not yet released the exact exam dates for January session JEE Main 2019. But it has been clearly mentioned that the exams will be held on weekends, falling between January 6, 2018, to January 20, 2018. So, if we go by this logic then, the candidates will be appearing for JEE Main 1 2019, among the 5 Saturdays and Sundays falling between the time period as specified by NTA. Those are – 6, 12, 13, 19 and 20 January 2018.
- JEE Main 2019 Exam Center – While filling their JEE Main 2019 Application Forms, candidates will be given the option of choosing the four exam test centers for JEE Main 2019. Which the candidate will be asked to rate it as per their preference. But the final allotment of your exam test center will be done by the NTA.
Your JEE Main 2019 Admit Card will be mentioning the final allotment of exam date, time and center, made by NTA, along with some of your other personal and exam related details.
Candidates can have a look at the notice provided below!
JEE Main 2019 Exam Day – Flow Of Events
Below is how the events at the JEE Main 2019 exam centers will take place.
|Dates of Examination||06 Jan 2019 (Sunday) to 20 Jan 2019 (Sunday)|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-1||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Paper-2||Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing shee|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m||2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|(a) Entry in the Examination Centre||7.30 a.m. – Upto 8.30 a.m.||12.30 p.m. – Upto 1.30 p.m|
|(b) Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.||1.45 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 a.m. to 9.15 a.m.||2.00 p.m. to 2.15 p.m.|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 a.m.||2.15 p.m.|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 a.m. to 9.25 a.m.||2.15 p.m. to 2.25 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9.30 a.m.||2.30 p.m.|
|Teat Ends||12.30 p.m.||5.30 p.m.|
What is changing in JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates?
Well as clear from the above table, this time examination will not be held only once. There will 8 sittings. Thus, candidates will be able to choose the dates of their choice and appear in the examination.
This means in January 2019, from 6th to 20th, there will be 8 dates available on which the examination will be held. Candidates have to select any one date which is most preferable to them and appear in the examination. Similarly, candidates will be able to choose their examination dates in the month of April 2019.
Apart from that nothing else is changing. It has been made very clear that NTA is not making any changes in the marking scheme, syllabus, eligibility, language and examination fee.
Official Website: nta.ac.in