JEE Main 2019 Exam Day Instructions – JEE Main 2019 Exam is being held twice a year and in online mode only. The conducting body for JEE Main 2019 Exam is national testing Agency (NTA). This is a newly formed body that is conducting JEE Main 2019 Exam for the first time. Now, the exam dates of JEE Main 2019 Exam is January 08, 09, 10, 11 and 12, 2019. The exam is being conducted at the national level and in 273 exam cities. 9.65 lakh candidates are appearing for the exam and hence it is one of the major concern of the conducting body that the exam is held without any chaos. In this regard, NTA has published a set of rules that are to be followed at the exam centres. Thus in this article, we will talk about JEE Main 2019 Exam Day Instructions in details.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Day Instructions
The exam day instructions of JEE Main 2019 exam is clearly mentioned over the admit card of JEE Main 2019. NTA has already released the JEE Main 2019 Admit Card on December 17, 2018, wherein they have clearly laid down the exam day instructions. However, here we will discuss what one can carry in the exam centre, what they can not. Also, we will discuss what they can wear at the exam centre and what clothing items are to be avoided. In addition to that, we will divide the instructions for JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 and Paper 2 appearing candidates.
What Can You Carry To The JEE Main 2019 Exam Centre?
You can carry the below-mentioned items only to the JEE Main 2019 exam centres. These items are only allowed at the exam centres, all other items apart from these will be treated as against the regulatory norms of NTA, and the candidature of the candidate might get cancelled.
You can carry the following items:
- Admit card of JEE Main 2019 exam downloaded and printed on an A4 sized sheet: There is no hard and fast rule regarding carrying ad black and white or coloured printout. However, NTA advised the candidates to carry a coloured print for proper identification.
- A valid Photo Id Proof: Accompany your Admit card with a valid photo id proof. The photo id proof must be an original copy. You can carry any one of the following:
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Voter Id
- Aadhaar card
- Ration Card
- Aadhar Enrollment Number with Photo
- Carry A Passport Sized Photo: Candidates will also have to carry a passport sized photo with them. however, the passports sized picture is to be the same as the one uploaded in the application form.
- Documents that you are allowed to carry: If and only if you are PWD candidate and are appearing under the PWD relaxation, carry the PWD certificate issued by a competent authority.
What You Can Not Carry To The JEE Main 2019 Exam Centre?
There are a few restrictions that are put on the candidates while appearing for the JEE Main 2019 exam. These restrictions are imposed keeping in mind that JEE Main is an exam of national importance and it is important to regulate the candidates at such a huge level.
Here is the list of items that you not allowed to carry at the JEE Main 2019 Exam Centres:
- Any Sheet: Other than the admit card, candidates are not allowed to carry any sheet plain or printed at the JEE Main 2019 exam centres.
- Pen/Pencil or Stationery Items: The Paper 1 candidates of JEE Main 2019 are not allowed to carry and pen/pencil. It will be provided at the JEE Main 2019 Exam centre itself.
- Watches: Candidates are not allowed to wear any digital or Analogue watches inside the exam centre.
- Personal Belongings: Candidates will not be allowed to take any personal items inside the exam centre such as bags, electronic devices, mobile phones, calculators, etc. The officials at the exam centre will not be responsible to safeguard the personal items of the candidates.
After Entering The JEE Main 2019 Exam Hall
The candidates have to enter the JEE Main 2019 Exam centre as per the exam schedule below. It is advised that the candidates must reach the JEE Main 2019 exam centre 1 hour before the exam starts for the verification and frisking process.
|Dates of Examination||06 Jan 2019 (Sunday) to 20 Jan 2019 (Sunday)|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-1||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Paper-2||Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on the Drawing sheet|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m||2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|(a) Entry in the Examination Centre||7.30 a.m. – Up to 8.30 a.m.||12.30 p.m. – Up to 1.30 p.m|
|(b) Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.||1.45 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 a.m. to 9.15 a.m.||2.00 p.m. to 2.15 p.m.|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 a.m.||2.15 p.m.|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 a.m. to 9.25 a.m.||2.15 p.m. to 2.25 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9.30 a.m.||2.30 p.m.|
|Test Ends||12.30 p.m.||5.30 p.m.|
Now as soon as you enter the exam centre the following activities will be taking place:
- Candidates will be taking their respective seats inside the exam hall as soon as they enter the exam hall.
- Candidates will be asked to put their signature at the attendance sheet by the invigilators, candidates will need to sign the respective spaces in their own handwriting. Also, they will be asked to paste their photograph in the sheet. This step is mandatory as without this step a candidate will be marked absent in the examination. In addition to that candidates will have to put their left-hand thumb impression too.
- Next, the examination will start and no candidates will be allowed to leave the exam centre unless the time is up. Once the time is up candidates will have to move out of the exam hall.
To know about JEE Main 2019 Dress Code – Click Here