JEE Main 2019 FAQs – The Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is the most important examination for candidates willing to take engineering as a career, JEE (main) being the gateway to IITs, NITs and CFITs. It was conducted by the central board of secondary education (CBSE) till 2018 but this year the JEE (mains) is to be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). This change has brought up many questions regarding the examination in the mind of students who are to appear for the paper this year. All the FAQs regarding the JEE (main) 2019 are answered here on this article for the candidates to ease. Keep Reading!
JEE Main 2019 FAQs
The Application for JEE Main 2019 has already started and the students who are willing to take the examination are to fill in this form by visiting the official website of the JEE 2019. The dates regarding the examination are also mentioned here in the table below for the students still not aware and confused regarding the examination.
|Events||January Session||April Session|
|Online application form submission||1 Sep to 30 Sep 2018||8 Feb to 7 Mar 2019|
|Date for fee submission||1 Sep to 1 Oct 2018||8 Feb to 8 Mar 2019|
|Date of examination||6 Jan to 20 Jan 2018||6 Apr to 20 Apr 2019|
|Result declaration||Last week of January 2019||Last week of Apr 2019|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are changes in the Joint Entrance Examination Mains The major change being that now in 2019 the examination will not be conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), It will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The change has, of course, brought some differences in the examination, that will be discussed here. We have selected the most frequently and problem creating questions regarding JEE Mains 2019 that are to be answered for the students to be at ease. For clearing all the doubts regarding JEE Mains 2019 look for your question from the FAQs below.
Q1. What is the Eligibility for JEE Main 2019?
- The candidates who have passed 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in the year 2017 or 2018 or are appearing for their class 12th examination in 2019 are eligible to take the JEE Mains examination 2019, Candidates who had passed their 12th examination in 2016 and before or who will be appearing for the 12th examination in 2020 are not eligible for JEE main 2019. Also, the candidates who did not pass their 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 but passed in 2017 are not eligible to take JEE Mains 2019.
- Regarding the age limit, there is no specific age limit for candidates willing to appear for JEE Mains 2019. All the candidates who have passed or are appearing for their class 12th examination can take the JEE Main examination Irrespective of their age.
Q2. Will the examination be in online mode or offline mode?
The examination will be only through online mode. The JEE Main 2019 examination is a computer-based test.
Q3. What is the state of eligibility for the Improvement candidates/Institution abroad/ NIOS?
- In case a candidate has class 12th or any equivalent qualifying examination from one state but appeared for improvement from another state then the state of eligibility for such candidate will be from where he/she has passed class 12th or any equivalent qualifying examination.
- In case of an Indian nationals passing the equivalent qualifying examination from any institution abroad his/her permanent address in India as given in their passport will determine the state of eligibility of the candidate.
- For the candidates appearing or passed the 12th or any equivalent qualifying examination from NIOS, they should the state of eligibility according to the state of their study centre. The state of eligibility is not applicable for candidates from Nepal/Bhutan/foreign/OCI/PIO.
Q.4 How many times a student can appear for JEE Mains in one year?
As per the new scheme introduced by NTA, all the candidates willing to appear for JEE Mains can now take the paper twice a year.
Q.5 What eligibility is required for Diploma students in JEE Main?
A diploma holder can apply in JEE Main to appear for JEE Advance 2019 but his her rank and score for JEE Main will not be declared as the diploma holders cannot apply for admission in NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main.
Q.6 How To apply for JEE Main 2019?
The application form for JEE Main is to be submitted online through the official website www.nat.ac.in. All the details regarding JEE Main application procedure are available in the application form page. Candidates are requested to visit the page for detailed information regarding JEE Mains 2019.
Q.7 What are the images to be uploaded in the JEE main 2019 Application form?
The candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photograph, their signature and their Father’s/Mother’s/Guardian’s signature in the JEE Main Application form 2019.
Q.8 Is there any changes in the syllabus of JEE Main 2019?
There are no changes in the syllabus of JEE Main 2019.
Q.9 Will the examination get tough sue to NTA conducting the examination this year?
No, the examination pattern and the syllabus for the JEE mains are still the same as previous year the paper will remain somewhat similar due to no change in the pattern.
Q.10 What are the months in which JEE Mains Examination are to be conducted?
The JEE Main examination is to be held twice from this year once in the month of January and second in the month of April.
Q.11 Can candidates use calculator in the examination?
No, calculator or any other electronic devices are not allowed to be carried by the candidates to the examination centre.
Q.12 Is it compulsory for candidates to appear in JEE Mains 2019 twice?
No, it will be optional for the candidates to appear either once or twice for the examination this year.
Q.13 In case a candidate appears twice for JEE Mains which score will be considered?
In case a candidate has appeared for both the sessions the best of the scores will be considered for the merit list.
Q.14 How will a candidate with no access to the computer or no experience prepare for Online examination?
NTA will identify schools and institutions with internet connections and computer facilities in due course of time which is named as TCPs (Test Practice Centers). Free practice sessions on every Saturday and Sunday for all JEE 2019 aspirants are to be facilitated.
Q.15 A candidate who passed 12th or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 and is appearing for improvement in 2019 eligible to take the JEE Main test?
Yes, the candidate is eligible to take the test.
Q.16 What is the examination pattern for JEE Main 2019?
The JEE main examination will have two papers paper 1 for BE/B.Tech and paper 2 for B.arch/B.Planning. candidates can take papers according to courses they are seeking admission to. The other details related to subjects and marks are given below.
Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech)
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and mathematics.
- Type of questions: Objective type questions with equal weightage to all the subjects.
- Mode of examination: Computer-based
Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)
- Subjects: mathematics (part I), Aptitude test (part II), Drawing test (part III)
- Type of questions: Objective type for the part I and II, Questions to test drawing aptitude for part III.
- Mode of examination: Computer-based for the part I and II, On a drawing sheet (offline mode) for part III.