JEE Main 2019 – NTA has released JEE Main 2019 January exam information brochure and application form. JEE Main 2019 January will be held from 06 to 20, 2019. The paper 1 of JEE Main 2019 January exam will be held in two shifts, first one from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and the second shift will be held from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Candidates willing to appear for the exam need to apply online, at jeemain.nic.in. The last date to submit JEE Main 2019 application form is September 30, 2018. Candidates will have to select their choice of 4 exam centre in order of their preference in the application form. No separate slot booking will be done for JEE Main. NTA will randomly allot the test city, date and shift and it’s decision will be the final one. Candidates can check eligibility criteria, application process, exam date, syllabus, exam pattern, and more details on JEE Main 2019 from this page.
JEE Main 2019
JEE Main still remains compulsory for candidates who wish to appear in the JEE Advanced examination for admission in IITs. However, the admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs is based on the All India Rank (AIR) of JEE Main.
JEE Main 2019 Changes: As per the information brochure following changes are made in JEE Main 2019:
- Now there is no age limit to apply in JEE Main examination.
- There are no attempt limits in JEE Main, candidates who have qualified their class 12 exams in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main.
- Also, the application fee has been lowered.
- Normalisation of marks has been introduced
- Aadhaar card is not mandatory for registrations.
The information brochure for JEE Main 2019 April exam will be released in February. You can check all the important dates from the table below.
|JEE Main 2019||Dates of January Exam||Dates of April Exam|
|TPC registration starts||01 Sep 2018||08 Feb 2019|
|Application Starts from||01 Sep 2018||08 Feb 2019|
|Last date to apply||30 Sep 2018||07 Mar 2019|
|Application Fees can be paid until||01 Oct 2018||08 Mar 2019|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website only||08 – 14 Oct 2018||–|
|Admit card issuing date||17 Dec 2018||18 Mar 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam Date||06 – 20 Jan 2019|
|Declaration of Answer Keys||To be announced!||To be announced!|
|Declaration of Result||31 Jan 2019||30 Apr 2019|
- Application Form | Test Practice Centre Registrations
- Exam Schedule
- Information Brochure | New Changes
- Eligibility Criteria | Attempts Limit
- Admit Card | Exam Centres | Exam slot allotment process
- Answer Keys
- Result | Normalisation
- National Testing Agency (NTA)
Preparation Resources & Mock Tests – New!
- All Latest News and Updates on JEE Main 2019 – Click Here
JEE Main Application Form 2019
The new conducting body of JEE Main 2019 will host the application forms on their website nta.ac.in. Since JEE Main 2019 will be twice a year, candidates who wish to appear in both the exams, have to fill the application form twice and in online mode only. Applicants have to register at nta.ac.in to start with and thereafter they will be able to access their application forms. To know how to apply for NTA JEE Main 2019 click the button below:
Mode of payment: Online only, via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ E-Challan.
Application Fee: The application fee has been lowered this year. Check the table below to know new application fee of JEE Main 2019.
|Applying For||UR and OBC||PwD, SC, ST, Transgenders and Girls|
|If Opting for Exam Center in India|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2||
||Rs. 250 (Girls & Boys)|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and 2||
||Rs. 450 (Girls & Boys)|
|If Opting for Exam Center Outside India|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2||
||Rs. 1000 (Girls & Boys)|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and 2||
||Rs. 1500 (Girls & Boys)|
JEE Main 2019 Date And Shift
Many candidates have raised questions about why they are not able to select the date and shift of JEE Main 2019 examination. To clear this here is what you need to know:
You will not be able to select the date and shift of the exam. You can only provide your choice of 4 exam cities in the application form. NTA will randomly allot the date and shift to appear in the exam using computer software.
For Paper 1, 2 shifts will be available and only one shift will be available for Paper 2. The exact date and shift timings of the exam will be made available by October 5, 2018.
- Shift 1: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Shift 2: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Paper 2: will be held in one shift only
JEE Main 2019 Test Practice Centres (TPCs)
National Testing Agency (NTA) will be hosting the registration for NTA JEE Main 2019 TPC. To register for the TPC, candidates have to register using their google/facebook accounts. On completing the registration process, candidates will be able to select their nearby TPC for JEE Main 2019 practice tests.
To register candidates have to enter personal details, contact details, academic details and exam details. Thereafter the list of nearby TPCs will appear on their screen, they can select a maximum of 5 TPC as per their order of preference.
- You can also visit the nearby Common Service Centres for registrations: Know more
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. The eligibility conditions for appearing in JEE Main 2019, for admission to NITS, IIITs, and other institutions, shall be different. There are few criteria on the basis of the which the eligibility of the candidate is determined. These are as follows:
- Date of Birth
- Appearance in Qualifying Examination
- Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination
- Number of Attempts
Age Limit – For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main examination 2019.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE): Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in both January 2019 and April 2019 JEE(Main)-2019 Examination.
Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination (QE): Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2019.
Number of Attempts – Candidates can appear in both the JEE Main 2019 exam or in any one of them.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
The NTA will issue the admit card for JEE Mains 2019 to only those candidates who will successfully register for the exam. By logging in using the application number and password, candidates have to download their admit cards. The admit card will be sent via post. Therefore it will be the candidates’ responsibility to get their JEE Main 2019 Admit Card on time.
The JEE Main 2019 Admit Card will consist of the personal details of the candidate. Also, the basic information about the exam like date, timings and its address will be also available. The candidate should bring the print out of the Admit Card and a valid photo id proof.
Confusion on how to select the day of exam between January 06 to 20, 2018: You cannot select the day of your appearing in the exam. You can just select 4 preference of your exam city out of the available list while filling the application form. Thereafter as per your preference, the allotment of Centre, Date, and Shift will be randomly done through computer software. Read the official note below:
JEE Main 2019 Exam Schedule – January Exam
As per the information brochure following will be the exam day schedule of NTA JEE Main 2019:
|Dates of Examination||06 Jan 2019 (Sunday) to 20 Jan 2019 (Sunday)|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-1||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Paper-2||Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on the Drawing sheet|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m||2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|(a) Entry in the Examination Centre||7.30 a.m. – Up to 8.30 a.m.||12.30 p.m. – Up to 1.30 p.m|
|(b) Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.||1.45 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 a.m. to 9.15 a.m.||2.00 p.m. to 2.15 p.m.|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 a.m.||2.15 p.m.|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 a.m. to 9.25 a.m.||2.15 p.m. to 2.25 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9.30 a.m.||2.30 p.m.|
|Test Ends||12.30 p.m.||5.30 p.m.|
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) remains the same, it shall be as given below.
- Mode of Examination: NTA will conduct JEE Main in online mode only (Computer Based Test). However, the part 3 (drawing section) of the Paper 2 exam will be in offline mode.
- Duration of the exam: 03 hours.
- Type of Questions: Objective Type / MCQ questions.
- The medium of Question Papers: The candidates will be given a choice in the medium of the question papers. The medium of examination in all test centers will be in English and Hindi Medium. However, for Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the questions will be available in English, Hindi, and Gujarati.
Distribution Of Questions
For Paper 1: For BE/B.Tech
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
For Paper 2: For B.Arch/B.Plan
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part 1: Mathematics||30||120|
|Part 2: Aptitude Test||50||200|
|Part 3: Drawing||02||70|
Marking Scheme (Same for paper 1 and 2):
- For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- Also, there shall be a negative marking of 01 marks for every incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted or awarded in case if the question is left unanswered.
JEE Main 2019 Preparation
When did you start preparing for JEE Main 2019? Was it from class 11 or 12? Or are you yet to start it? Your strategy for cracking the Joint Entrance Examination depends a lot on your current status of preparation. Since each student has a different aptitude and pace, let us dive into a plan that will be beneficial for all.
1. You should know about JEE Main 2019.
It is important to know about the exam pattern and syllabus. Thereafter, devise a preparation plan.
2. Complete syllabus on time and practice MCQs
You should complete the syllabus by November 2018. So right now, this is what you should do:
- Calculate the number of chapters you are yet to study.
- Study all chapters from NCERT at least once. Make notes as you study.
- Divide them by the weeks remaining.
- Set weekly and daily targets, and STICK TO THEM!
- Practise MCQs every day to improve speed and accuracy.
4. First timers – Prepare for board exams simultaneously.
If you are appearing for board exams in February-March 2019, then you should prepare for that also simultaneously. Don’t panic about them. Because, if you are studying well for one, you automatically do well in another. Basics remain the same. It is only that board exams have subjective questions. Whereas JEE Mains has objective questions.
5. Keep Moving Ahead.
At times, you may feel demotivated or stuck on a topic. At such times, you should
- Get up from wherever you are sitting, take a small stroll.
- Think of one thing or person that motivates you.
- Listen to some music and relax.
We believe you can ace JEE Main 2019. So don’t give up!
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Main 2018 shall be as follows:
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Inductions
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its simple applications
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Co-ordination Geometry
- Three dimension Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Some basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and processes of isolation of metals
- s-block elements
- p-block elements
- d and f- block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of Organic compound
- Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic compounds containing Halogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
JEE Main 2019 Answer Key
NTA will release the answer key for JEE Main 2019. After a day or two of the exam, the answer keys are made available online. Along with the answer key, the exam conducting body will also publish the response sheets of the candidates.
This will enable the candidates to cross-check their answers with that given in the answer key. The candidate can calculate their score by implying the marking scheme. With the help of JEE Main 2019 Answer Key, candidates can estimate their chances of qualifying the entrance examination. However, candidates must wait for the result to know their final score. One can not conclude the actual scores until the result day.
JEE Main 2019 Result
The JEE main 2019 Result will be available at the official website only. From 2019, NTA will be responsible to prepare the Result and All India Rank List of JEE Main.
However, candidates must note that the JEE Main 2019 AIR will be available after the result for both the exam (Jan and Apr) is released. The AIR will be prepared this year onwards on the basis of best scores of the candidates out of both the exams.
JEE Mains 2019 All India Rank (AIR)
Now, remember that the AIR is based on the scores that the candidates achieve in the examination. AIR will be available separately for both paper 1 and paper 2. The admission to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs will be based on this AIR. On the other hand, about the top 2.5 lakhs candidates of the AIR become eligible for JEE Advanced.
Type of All India Rank List in JEE Main 2019: Since the rank list is divided category wise, there are 8 types of rank list available. They are:
- Common Rank List (CRL) – Rank list for all the candidates who appear in the exam.
- OBC – NCL
- SC Rank
- ST Rank
The JEE mains 2019 Result will also include the cutoff marks needed to appear in JEE Advanced 2019 and how many candidates are eligible to appear for the exam.
JEE Main 2019 Cutoff
The JEE Main 2019 Cutoff will be available once the result is available. Thus, till then we can have a look at the cutoff marks from previous exams. However, with NTA conducting JEE Main from 2019 the cutoff marks might fluctuate unpredictably. It will depend on the number of candidates appearing in the exam, difficulty level of the exams and the number of setas that are available.
Note: The JEE Main 2019 Cutoff generally means the minimum marks needed to be eligible for JEE Advanced 2019.
The cutoff marks for admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs are called opening and closing ranks, that are available at the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) website at the time of counselling.
JEE Main Cutoff Stats from previous years: This is the cutoff for the different categories in 2018.
|Category||No. of Candidates||Cutoff|
|OBC – NCL||65313||45|
Here is what the cutoff trend of JEE Main 2018 looks like over the past years:
What is NTA JEE 2019?
In 2019, many things are changing. JEE Mains 2019 will be conducted by an altogether new body – The NTA. As per the press conference held by HRD Minister, NTA is conducting JEE Main 2019 and now the JEE Mains will be held twice a year and in online mode only.
- Know the benefits of National Testing Agency (NTA) – Click Here
When Did NTA Come Into Being?
As the first week of July drew to a close, a press meet by the HRD Minister cleared everything – NTA will hold JEE Mains. As to what is NTA, you can see the one notice which dates back to November 10, 2017. As per this Union Cabinet approved the formation of NTA. NTA is a separate body that is holding JEE Main 2019.
The former CBSE Chairman Vineet Joshi has been appointed Director General of NTA.
JEE Mains 2019 will be the engineering entrance examination. It will be for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs. It will also be an eligibility test for JEE Advanced 2019. Candidates from across the country can appear in JEE Main 2019. Those who wish to appear must fill the online application form as per schedule. This page contains all details and the latest news on JEE Mains 2019.
What is changing in JEE Main 2019?
- JEE Main 2019 will be in online mode only.
- The exam will be held twice. First in January 2019 and then in April 2019.
- Both in January 2019 and April 2019, the exam will be in 8 sittings. Candidates will be able to select any one date for giving the exam.
- Candidates can appear in both the exams or in any one of the two exams.
- If you appear in both the exam, your best score will be used for ranking.
What remains unchanged in JEE Main 2019?
- The exam pattern is not changed.
- Most importantly, the syllabus remained the same.
- The language of the question paper remained the same.
- Also, the examination fee is the same.
You can comment below to ask us anything on JEE Main 2019!